Page 109 of 827 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 12392
    Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I first heard that the actor who is going to play Captain Singh's boyfriend and the potentilal Pied Piper was an actor from SMASH, I immediately thought of Christian Borle--who would totally look the part for the Piper and looks the right age for Singh's partner and he can sing! So it's really disappointing to see that Andy Mientus is the SMASH actor for FLASH--his character on the former show was weak and pathetic. I'm sure the actor is capable of doing better work with the right script, but he looks a bit young for Singh's lover. And really, Christian Borle would have nailed that part.
    Speaking of which, the "outing" of Singh must be one of the best representation of homosexuality in the history of television.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Speaking of which, the "outing" of Singh must be one of the best representation of homosexuality in the history of television.
    huh? He made a casual comment in conversation and no one batted an eyelash, which they shouldn't have anyway.

How was it so monumental?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    huh? He made a casual comment in conversation and no one batted an eyelash, which they shouldn't have anyway.

How was it so monumental?
    I think that was his point, it wasn't monumental, it was just a casual comment and was accepted with no problem. That's how it should be on television these days. Making it no big deal at all makes it a better representation.

Retired

Ignoring the conflicting continuities in the comic books and just focusing on the continuity of the TV show--wouldn't it make more sense for Professor Zoom to go back in time and save Nora Allen? IF Zoom wanted to get rid of the Flash, that would change the sequence of events--that Henry Allen lays out so well in his speech to Barry at the prison in the latest episode. The sequence of events that led to Barry becoming the Flash presumably would not have happened if Nora hadn't been murdered.

It makes more sense for Professor Zoom to either save Nora or kill young Barry. Following that logic, then maybe Zoom wasn't the one who killed Nora--maybe it was the other speedster. Or on the other hand, maybe Zoom went back in time to kill Barry and the other speedster saved Barry, but Nora got killed by accident in Barry's place.

Or if the shoe is on the other speedster's foot, then maybe he is the killer and Zoom is trying to save either Nora or Barry from him.

Ignoring the conflicting continuities in the comic books and just focusing on the continuity of the TV show--wouldn't it make more sense for Professor Zoom to go back in time and save Nora Allen? IF Zoom wanted to get rid of the Flash, that would change the sequence of events--that Henry Allen lays out so well in his speech to Barry at the prison in the latest episode. The sequence of events that led to Barry becoming the Flash presumably would not have happened if Nora hadn't been murdered.

It makes more sense for Professor Zoom to either save Nora or kill young Barry. Following that logic, then maybe Zoom wasn't the one who killed Nora--maybe it was the other speedster. Or on the other hand, maybe Zoom went back in time to kill Barry and the other speedster saved Barry, but Nora got killed by accident in Barry's place.

Or if the shoe is on the other speedster's foot, then maybe he is the killer and Zoom is trying to save either Nora or Barry from him.
    Sometimes it isn't about killing or defeating your enemy, but making him suffer. My theory is after battling the Flash so much, he wanted to make Barry suffer. So he killed Barry's mother, then made him the Flash and protected him just for that sweet moment in the end when he's ready for the grand reveal.

Either that or something completely and utterly different. Probably something else and I'm wrong. But still, it can make sense why you'd rather change history to hurt someone rather than erase them.

This is what I think. RF went back to kill Nora Allen to really screw Barry. But, as crazy as he is, I don't think he wants to completely unravel space and time, and most of all his own creation. Nora being killed, and his father being put in prison, hurts Barry, derails his life, but doesn't stop him from becoming the Flash. That's why Wells keeps checking to make sure the future in intact. If there is some time shenanigans going on, I think that in another timeline, Barry had his mother and father in his life. This Barry wasn't haunted by a yellow boogyman, was man enough to tell Iris how he felt, and becomes the silver age Flash we all know and love. But RF ruins all of that, but still has to make sure that the future happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sometimes it isn't about killing or defeating your enemy, but making him suffer. My theory is after battling the Flash so much, he wanted to make Barry suffer. So he killed Barry's mother, then made him the Flash and protected him just for that sweet moment in the end when he's ready for the grand reveal.

Either that or something completely and utterly different. Probably something else and I'm wrong. But still, it can make sense why you'd rather change history to hurt someone rather than erase them.
    Especially with a villain like Zoom who can go back and kill Barry at any defenseless point in his history. Too easy.

Retired

In the comic books, Professor Zoom killing Nora and/or Iris makes sense, sort of. And Zoom is a complete idiot by that point--so he's like the Joker as far as having a really good plan. That comic book Professor Zoom has seen a reality where Barry got it all--the happy childhood, the beautiful wife, the respect of a city--so Zoom is trying to change all that. But in the reality of the TV show, Barry is just set in this one reality, so it might sting a little more if Barry finds out who the Man in the Yellow Suit was that day, but his tragedy has already happened--so Zoom doesn't gain much from it--the die is already cast.

The only way that Zoom could really make Barry suffer more than he already has is if Zoom pulled an "It's A Wonderful Life" in reverse and took Barry to another timeline, where Barry's mother didn't die and he married Iris and all the rest of that.

But I think both Henry and Joe put Barry's life in perspective in this last episode, in their speeches to him. This TV version of Barry is full of light, no matter what happens, he is always going to find the positive in life and make everyone around him better for knowing him. There's nothing that Zoom can do to Barry, because Barry is a good soul. I think that's what Henry and Joe were saying.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Everybody said I was crazy when I said Wells was the Reverse Flash. I knew it was him the whole time
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Everybody said I was crazy when I said Wells was the Reverse Flash. I knew it was him the whole time
    Who said you were crazy? Wells is obviously from the future, I think him as RF has been the working theory since the pilot!

In the comic books, Professor Zoom killing Nora and/or Iris makes sense, sort of. And Zoom is a complete idiot by that point--so he's like the Joker as far as having a really good plan. That comic book Professor Zoom has seen a reality where Barry got it all--the happy childhood, the beautiful wife, the respect of a city--so Zoom is trying to change all that. But in the reality of the TV show, Barry is just set in this one reality, so it might sting a little more if Barry finds out who the Man in the Yellow Suit was that day, but his tragedy has already happened--so Zoom doesn't gain much from it--the die is already cast.

The only way that Zoom could really make Barry suffer more than he already has is if Zoom pulled an "It's A Wonderful Life" in reverse and took Barry to another timeline, where Barry's mother didn't die and he married Iris and all the rest of that.

But I think both Henry and Joe put Barry's life in perspective in this last episode, in their speeches to him. This TV version of Barry is full of light, no matter what happens, he is always going to find the positive in life and make everyone around him better for knowing him. There's nothing that Zoom can do to Barry, because Barry is a good soul. I think that's what Henry and Joe were saying.
    He's full of light, but he still had to go through hell.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Who said you were crazy? Wells is obviously from the future, I think him as RF has been the working theory since the pilot!
    When the show first started I said it was Wells and most people said "oh, that's too obvious, you're crazy" or something to that effect. If you look at how the story has unfolded, it's just like reading Flashpoint.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Retired

From the get-go, Harrison Wells and Edward Thawne were the obvious candidates to be Professor Zoom. Wells, because he's a creepy scientific genius, who has knowledge of the future. Eddie, because his name is almost the same as Eobard Thawne (aka Professor Zoom) and he's making time with Iris.

This is why either option seemed too obvious. So, of course, the audience is looking for other options, because why would the producers do the obvious thing? Wouldn't they be a little more clever? The problem with trying to figure out where shows like THE FLASH or THE MENTALIST or LOST are headed is trying to figure out at what level the producers are working. Are they trying to do something really stunningly clever that very few people could ever anticipate or are they trying to play to the lowest common denominator?

Astonishing Member

My mind tells me that Wells is a version of Professor Zoom although someone else will be the Reverse Flash by the end of the season.

I don't know if this was retconned out of the Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash continuity but I recall Reverse Flash was crazy and he did what he did so that Flash could be a better super hero - Zoom constantly testing Flash and so on. The only thing missing here is the crazy part - Wells could be freaked about this future crisis and is trying to get Flash ready for it. With the revelation that Zoom and another speedster may have been involved the night of Flash mom's murder leaves open the possibility Wells is Zoom but not evil, just manipulative and someone else killed Flash's mom.