Page 125 of 827 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 12392
    Incredible Member

On peoples' criticisms- The police seeming ineffective against supervillains is as old as Adam West's "Batman." It's kind of a staple and you just have to suspend disbelief and go with it. I would say that what you see in "The Flash" pales in comparison to how Commisioner Gordon used to pick up the Batphone as a first resort as soon as any supervillain did anything (though I understand that show was a comedy). Even on "Arrow" you have the Starling City police coming to a point where they sanction the Arrow and give his actions their blessing, after a long time spent opposing him and trying to catch him. "The Flash" is a more upbeat and colorful show in which the police have come to that place much sooner.

And as for Barry's reticence to just rush in and get the job done with these two villains, you have to remember that the last time he tangled with Capt. Cold he got blasted and almost killed, something that really made him come to grips with the extreme mortal danger of what he's doing. Now he was facing Cold again, plus a partner. I think his brave willingness to accept their challenge to show up but to handle it with a cautious approach is perfectly understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    On peoples' criticisms- The police seeming ineffective against supervillains is as old as Adam West's "Batman." It's kind of a staple and you just have to suspend disbelief and go with it. I would say that what you see in "The Flash" pales in comparison to how Commisioner Gordon used to pick up the Batphone as a first resort as soon as any supervillain did anything (though I understand that show was a comedy). Even on "Arrow" you have the Starling City police coming to a point where they sanction the Arrow and give his actions their blessing, after a long time spent opposing him and trying to catch him. "The Flash" is a more upbeat and colorful show in which the police have come to that place much sooner.

And as for Barry's reticence to just rush in and get the job done with these two villains, you have to remember that the last time he tangled with Capt. Cold he got blasted and almost killed, something that really made him come to grips with the extreme mortal danger of what he's doing. Now he was facing Cold again, plus a partner. I think his brave willingness to accept their challenge to show up but to handle it with a cautious approach is perfectly understandable.
    I would say it goes back even further. In the George Reeves "Adventures of Superman", there were episodes where the police knew when and where certain ordinary criminals were going to strike but, somehow, only Superman can do anything about it.

Of course, we tend to expect a greater level of realism nowadays but there is s point where you have to let it go and suspend disbelief, step back and remember that, no matter how seriously it is presented, it is all very unrealistic and just enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Even for the show it was a stretch though. They could have come up with something better I feel than Barry not being able to quickly run up to Captain Cold and Heatwave and take their guns before either one could pull the trigger. The entire fight scene looked ridiculous even for Flash standards. Cold and Heatwave looked like Ghostbusters out there. And the cops blocked off the street and just stood on the sidelines while The Flash tries to fight them? Like they're watching a Pay Per View boxing match? They could have just shot either one of those goons and taken them down. The episode was pretty cool up until that confrontation.
    But, you don't want to them to be trigger happy, or upping the body count too much. To save Barry, Joe shot Clyde, the Weather Wizard, but, with real world events, besides it just not looking good in a superhero show, and this being Flash, not Arrow, Central, not Starling, there are bound to be differences.

I liked that bit, Kensei, too, on him no longer being the fastest man alive. Nice addition.

Still, was left a bit puzzled, nildly irritated, that EVERY episode of Flash and Arrow, they need to introduce who they are. Just a bit annoying, or frustrating, really, and left wondering will it be the same in Vixen, or Atom.

'My name is Ray Palmer. I am the smallest man alive...''

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Really enjoyed this episode. The showdown was good old fashioned comic book action, which the show continues to deliver.

A while back, someone posted that since Reverse Flash came along they should begin the intro sequence with "I'm Barry Allen, the second fastest man alive." That was funny, and of course they're not doing it but I got quite a laugh when Barry did point it out in his narration in the first scene. I'm also stoked that Victor Garber's coming to the show. I always enjoy watching that guy in whatever he does.

The only "Hey--" moment I really had in this ep was when Iris was moving out and Joe stepped away, saying he was going to give her and Barry a moment to talk in private, but then after they talked it turned out that Joe had only gone as far as the couch in the same room where he would have totally heard them. Oh well, very minor gripe. I'm kind of glad Barry's moving back in with Joe because there's been some confusion on the show over whether he was still living there anyway with the way he still comes and goes freely without knocking. They never showed the place where he was living, did they?
    From what they mentioned in that conversation, it seems it was just like Oliver, the base of operations - STAR Labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    yeah ive really enjoyed the show thus far but some things about this episode were a bit too cheesy. some of the dialogue was just too much even for a show about a guy that can run at light speed. over the years people like Geoff Johns have tried to convince us that Captain Cold is a legit threat to the Flash. it's hard to buy it in the comics and it's even more difficult to suspend disbelief in live action. we see Barry snatch a rocket out of mid air earlier in the episode but he can't just run up and punch out a guy with a freeze gun? even adding Heatwave doesnt make the threat seem real. and the police blocking off the street to let the Flash fight the bad guys was just silly. plus they were way too intimidated by a guy with a freeze gun. Central City doesnt have snipers and SWAT?
    Can you suggest any way to use the snipers, that doesn't involve killing both Snart and Rory, or one of them, or either?

THat's my main concern, and a flamethrower and an ice gun are indeed some pretty big deals, but more procactive police, before Barry got involved again, would be maybe appreciated. Only starting to get to grips with Cold, now, thanks to Mister Ramon, is it really too much ask that people just leave them be, to an extent here? Until, maybe, Season One finale, Season Two Mid-Season Finale?

No metahumans before, only having Flash public NOW, just like it might've been harder for Lance and co to deal with extra weird, or dark, in Season 1 of Arrow.

BANNED

Sniper Rifles don't solely have the ability to put a bullet in a skull, they don't have death seeking ammo. Was that a serious question, on how to use snipers other than killing people?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Can you suggest any way to use the snipers, that doesn't involve killing both Snart and Rory, or one of them, or either?

THat's my main concern, and a flamethrower and an ice gun are indeed some pretty big deals, but more procactive police, before Barry got involved again, would be maybe appreciated. Only starting to get to grips with Cold, now, thanks to Mister Ramon, is it really too much ask that people just leave them be, to an extent here? Until, maybe, Season One finale, Season Two Mid-Season Finale?

No metahumans before, only having Flash public NOW, just like it might've been harder for Lance and co to deal with extra weird, or dark, in Season 1 of Arrow.
    And wouldn't there be any legal problems with that, directly to killing those characters? (denying them a trial and so forth)?

And I remember a while ago...people were complaining that too many folks were dying in the Flash.

(It's funny though. Same thing with the lead actor. Now, almost everyone is arguing that Gustin is the best Flash, and he should be on big screen...but, before Flash came on, most people were arguing how bad the casting choice was).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Sniper Rifles don't solely have the ability to put a bullet in a skull, they don't have death seeking ammo. Was that a serious question, on how to use snipers other than killing people?
    I'm just asking. When I'm picturing people suggesting shooting them, I picture a lethal type thing, but I don't know.

Maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    And wouldn't there be any legal problems with that, directly to killing those characters? (denying them a trial and so forth)?

And I remember a while ago...people were complaining that too many folks were dying in the Flash.

(It's funny though. Same thing with the lead actor. Now, almost everyone is arguing that Gustin is the best Flash, and he should be on big screen...but, before Flash came on, most people were arguing how bad the casting choice was).
    Yeah, for sure. And, other big problem I have, other than morally and Flash not getting to stop them - aside from help, this IS his show!

Is this: if you're an original Spider-Man trilogy villain, or Iron Man trilogy, they'll die, for some reason that either makes sense, or, to me, is ill advised in the 'But what if you want to use them again later?' stakes.

On another note, left amused by Pied Pipers' fantasy being fulfilled, in the promo for The Sound and the Fury, in of a man in leather and so on, like Flash, taking him away.

I like that.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

So one of the great things about the creative teams involved with Arrow and Flash, they don't typically beat a dead horse. Case in point: Eddie helping Flash out, signalling a dramatic shift in his Anti-Flash stance. No dragging it out forever, he just sees the Flash in need of help and does the right thing. Maybe he'll feel ambivalent about Flash now, but regardless of where they take it, nice twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post

There was a difficulty there. Cold and Heatwave could have gotten a message to the Flash somehow and had a secret meeting place but the whole point was that they wanted a public confrontation to prove he existed. I suppose they could have chosen somewhere outside the city without high ground for snipers. But that would just create other possibilities for snipers still taking them down such as setting up the fight zone much as Arrow did to the Flash.

A couple of little fan explanations I thought of. Captain Cold seems the type to recon a situation before going into it. In other words, had there been snipers, he would have said, "Get those snipers off the roofs or I start shooting at the crowd." Also, in a previous episode, Cold did have an "aim-dodging" feat where a cop or security guard shot at him at extremely close range and he dodged the shot.

So far, Captain Cold is the most fun of all the villains for me. The little kid in me thinks it's so cool to be just a (relatively) ordinary guy and stumble onto a "cold gun" or similar device. Heatwave is a bit too psychotic and the weapon can't do much but kill, kill, kill but Cap Cold is, for me, a great fantasy.

I was glad that, for once, we don't have the Prof at the end again showing what a monster he really is. It was getting to where I was thinking, "Please, not this time. Noooo. Not this again. We know he's not what he seems. We get it already."

I really like where this is going. Now, I don't know the current comics enough to have any idea who Captain Cold's sister may be but I look forward to that reveal.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Felicy and Ray Palmer will pay Central City a visit in the 18th episode.

I loved the Captain Cold-Heat Wave teamed up. Its everything I wanted with some nice special FXs.
    Also nice to see the Rathaways and Jason Rusch.
    Plus HUDSON UNIVERSITY gets a shout out. Dick Grayson went to college there in the pre-crisis days.

S1 EP 15 - "The Nuclear Man"

ROBBIE AMELL AND VICTOR GARBER GUEST STAR AS FIRESTORM — After Ronnie (Robbie Amell) attacks a physicist (Bill Dow), Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team realize they need to go after Caitlin’s (Danielle Panabaker) fiancé who is now a dangerous meta-human. They deduce the best way to track Ronnie is to find Dr. Martin Stein (guest star Victor Garber) who was working on a project called F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. Barry struggles to balance his duties as The Flash and his relationship with Linda Park (Malese Jow), and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) enlists Cisco’s (Carlos Valdes) help to reinvestigate the murder of Nora Allen (Michelle Harrison). General Eiling (Clancy Brown) returns to Central City. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg & Katherine Walczak.

Source
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Mighty Member

I really enjoy Felicy's appearances on Flash; I'd like to see her make the move from Team Arrow to Team Flash someday.

I had fun watching the episode.
    Barry running on a wall again, dodging both ice beam and flame.
    Wonder how the next episode will be like.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage