Page 14 of 827 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    His mother died and his father is in prison for it he could show a little more sensitivity towards that fact.
    And Barry spent his whole life growing up claiming that his father, who every person involved in the education was convinced he was guilty as sin, was framed by magic transparent man who was hardly visible running around in a lightning storm inside his living room. And then he's coming at him with this story about how one of their recently deceased colleagues was a alive, and a criminal, who could control the weather.

Yeah I'd blow up at him to. Of course Barry was right, but take it from the other guys perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    And Barry spent his whole life growing up claiming that his father, who every person involved in the education was convinced he was guilty as sin, was framed by magic transparent man who was hardly visible running around in a lightning storm inside his living room. And then he's coming at him with this story about how one of their recently deceased colleagues was a alive, and a criminal, who could control the weather.

Yeah I'd blow up at him to. Of course Barry was right, but take it from the other guys perspective.
    I wouldn't blow up at him i would probably try and sit down and have a talk with him like an adult (even if Barry doesn't always act like one it seems) and then if it that didn't work i would see about getting him some kind of therapy.

Yelling and screaming and getting in somebody's usually doesn't help the situation.

BANNED

I feel like you're still overthinking this

BANNED

I wouldn't blow up at him i would probably try and sit down and have a talk with him like an adult (even if Barry doesn't always act like one it seems) and then if it that didn't work i would see about getting him some kind of therapy.

Yelling and screaming and getting in somebody's usually doesn't help the situation.
    it's like you're assuming he didn't try any of this for years

and y'know what? raising your voice is not the same thing as yelling and screaming

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    it's like you're assuming he didn't try any of this for years

and y'know what? raising your voice is not the same thing as yelling and screaming
    Just like there was some damning evidence to put his father in jail for years?

And yes raising your voice is yelling unless you are trying to be heard over a loud noise.

BANNED

My question is why do you think Barry needs to coddled, and his emotions should matter more in this situation. At face value, he was getting a harsh dose of reality. The fact that the impossible ended up becoming real is besides the point. For all these years he was accommodated when literally every bit of reason should convince him that he was wrong.

Ya know i think at this point im tired of arguing about this when i have explained my reasoning's over and over verbatim.
    If i keep having to re-explain my thoughts and feelings on this over and over with the rest of the thread jumping on me i'm going to get very angry and i'm already having a bad day as it is.

BANNED

Ya know i think at this point im tired of arguing about this when i have explained my reasoning's over and over verbatim.
    If i keep having to re-explain my thoughts and feelings on this over and over with the rest of the thread jumping on me i'm going to get very angry and i'm already having a bad day as it is.
    your reasoning is flawed

people get mad, sometimes they overreact or say things they shouldn't

it happens

BANNED

wow, debate and disagreement equals jumping on.

so, yeah, lets stop, wouldn't want someone to get frustrated and angry

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    wow, debate and disagreement equals jumping on.

so, yeah, lets stop, wouldn't want someone to get frustrated and angry
    It's just kind of humorous because this whole thing came about because Barry's surrogate father got frustrated and angry at him.

BANNED

I wish my stepdad only yelled at me

he saw fit to use me as a punching bag too

Wow you guys seriously take the freaking cake WTG !

Incredible Member

This is the CBR TV/Film forum. We're contractually obligated to have a ten page long argument about something truly inane at least once a month. I swear I read that in the Terms and Conditions thing when we registered....

BANNED

oh it's in there

next month its 'the way Iris flips her hair is an AFFRONT to the character, an AFFRONT I dare say"

Why yes gobSides we are excited about the new flash series. That's why we have a 14 page thread talking about it.