Page 156 of 827 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 12392

i just finished this episode.
    oh man what an episode this is, although IMO it was a bit slow in the first half.
    i was kinda disappointed when firestorm joined again but that issue was solved in the episode itself.

the reveal at the end? whoa. completely unexpected.
    i didnt think they were gonna show reverse's flash face but it happened.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Grodd doesn't look as horrible as I thought. We got a much better look at him this time. Not bad for TV CG. I do wonder if most of his appearances in the show will be regulated to shadow.

And the next episode looks tight. Can't wait. Sucks that it's going to be a three week standoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Well in the real world gorillas are vegetarians. Anyone know what Grodd eats in the comics?
    Apparently, people.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Most of the metahumans are. Like that teleporting metahuman wasn't important at all in the episode she appeared in, everything else that happened in that episode was way more important.
    I know, but that's usually not been the case for the classic Rogues, which Weather Wizard is. In fact, he's the first one who's a Metahuman if we don't count Grodd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah...I don't think anything pretty happened to those workers, and probably Eiling, once Grodd got his hands on them .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah...I don't think anything pretty happened to those workers, and probably Eiling, once Grodd got his hands on them .
    It's not that gorillas never kill people- they occasionally do, and in nasty ways. But they don't eat them. Of course that's the real world though, so we'll have to see where they go with Grodd. If there's no Gorilla City, he seems to have once been a normal ape who's had incredible and horrific things done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, but that's usually not been the case for the classic Rogues, which Weather Wizard is. In fact, he's the first one who's a Metahuman if we don't count Grodd.

We can file Grodd under MetaApe.

And hey, dude's gotta eat and there's not much down there, so he just grabs whomever wanders in or the delivery.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

I just realized that Barry going back to save his mom is kind of an "FU" to Joe. I mean, Joe practically raised him. Treated him like his own son. If Barry stops his mom from dying that all gets erased and they never have a relationship.

And if we really want to be nitpicky, we can even say that we already know Barry's plan will ultimately fail, otherwise he would have no reason for going back in time in the first place. But we tend not to bring that up when it comes to time travel stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Well in the real world gorillas are vegetarians. Anyone know what Grodd eats in the comics?
    He's known for eating his human prisoners in the comics.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

This was the best episode yet(like every week lol). So good. I hope we get a Firestorm spin off show.
    Only negative is I dont like Iris snooping.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I dont like Iris
    Yep, same here.

And if we really want to be nitpicky, we can even say that we already know Barry's plan will ultimately fail, otherwise he would have no reason for going back in time in the first place. But we tend not to bring that up when it comes to time travel stuff.
    There's multiple theories for how time travel could work. Who knows if saving her would establish a new parallel timeline or just completely change the current one or something. So, even though I too believe he will fail, we can't really explain this belief in the terms of the CW universe.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I just realized that Barry going back to save his mom is kind of an "FU" to Joe. I mean, Joe practically raised him. Treated him like his own son. If Barry stops his mom from dying that all gets erased and they never have a relationship.
    If Joe seriously considered it an "FU" from Barry, then he deserves it because nobody should begrudge someone trying to save his mother. Based on what we have seen of his character on the show, however, I couldn't see Joe having any objections whatsoever.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    There's multiple theories for how time travel could work. Who knows if saving her would establish a new parallel timeline or just completely change the current one or something. So, even though I too believe he will fail, we can't really explain this belief in the terms of the CW universe.
    I'm just messing around anyway. A friend of mine used to have his own YouTube show about movies and stuff and he started a discussion about the idea of going back in time to change the past and how it can't ever work because there has to be a reason for going back in the first place. If someone were to go back in time, maybe about a week or so, to ask out some girl or to go to a job interview or to fulfill some other missed opportunity, the whole plan immediately fails. Because once the thing you missed is corrected, it just happens again, maybe in some other way, because there has to be a reason for you to go back in time. If you were to never go back in time you never would have been able to correct your mistake, but you did go back in time, you had a reason, but you would not have gone back in time had the mistake not been made. I hope this doesn't seem like rambling.

Here's the video:

(contains spoilers for the movie Looper)

Keep in mind this is just me overthinking stuff. I'm not criticizing the Flash or any time travel stuff, just poking fun at it and messing with people's heads. It's definitely interesting to think about.

The problem with the video is that its thinking far too linear and claims there's a "rule of thumb". Theoretical physicists have a myriad of concepts for the idea of time travel and how it might work. The only rules in fiction you are beholden to are the ones you make. And then you can alter it if you so choose to fit your dramatic intent. Look at James Cameron's two Terminator films: one deals with the idea that the future is static and inevitable, while the sequel then states that it is malable and can be altered.

BANNED

He's known for eating his human prisoners in the comics.
    He could also be devolving them into an ape army, which would be less gruesome for TV and allow for future appearances of Eiling.