Page 17 of 827 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    It just showed up on my facebook feed.
    Alright.

Hopefully it'd be done not to boost either shows ratings or anything, and instead when it made narrative sense, or when they had a good story to do with the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Alright.

Hopefully it'd be done not to boost either shows ratings or anything, and instead when it made narrative sense, or when they had a good story to do with the two.
    I think we can count on both.

Arrow has shown that you can do a long haul comic book narrative on tv with heavy continuity and make it work and people will watch it.

Extraordinary Member

Is anyone else really surprised, and impressed at the calibre of acting that these DC-Verse TV Shows are drawing in?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Is anyone else really surprised, and impressed at the calibre of acting that these DC-Verse TV Shows are drawing in?
    I wouldn't exactly call the acting on Arrow or the Flash high calibre. What I am impressed with (as far as Arrow is concerned anyway) is the fact that they've gone for a little more depth and the show is not just focused on Oliver Queen running around in a costume beating people up. They've showcased many of the supporting cast and tried to make them more dimensional. They've tried to show flawed people who struggle to become better. Part of what I like about Arrow is the family dynamics. The flash backs, are interesting and shows how Oliver developed as a person. And I am also happy with the way that they've incorporated the political elements.

I just re-watched the leaked episode of the Flash pilot a few days ago, and found that my original opinion still stood. Yes some of the dialogue is bad as is the special effects. But I like the cast and find that I want to tune in. I am especially pleased that in the case of Barry that 1. He has always wanted to help others. 2. All his life he's wanted to be a better person/or something better. It shows that it's his character that makes him who he is not the super powers.
    Last edited by Mia; 07-19-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Episode 3 will be titled "Things You Can't Out Run" the fans who want felicity to show up will have to wait for the episode Going Rogue which will feature the story line of Barry questioning his new team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call the acting on Arrow or the Flash high calibre. What I am impressed with (as far as Arrow is concerned anyway) is the fact that they've gone for a little more depth and the show is not just focused on Oliver Queen running around in a costume beating people up. They've showcased many of the supporting cast and tried to make them more dimensional. They've tried to show flawed people who struggle to become better. Part of what I like about Arrow is the family dynamics. The flash backs, are interesting and shows how Oliver developed as a person. And I am also happy with the way that they've incorporated the political elements.

I just re-watched the leaked episode of the Flash pilot a few days ago, and found that my original opinion still stood. Yes some of the dialogue is bad as is the special effects. But I like the cast and find that I want to tune in. I am especially pleased that in the case of Barry that 1. He has always wanted to help others. 2. All his life he's wanted to be a better person/or something better. It shows that it's his character that makes him who he is not the super powers.
    That's very well said and i think makes a true superhero.

Looks like Clock King had a little bit longer to live. He is set to appear in the flash in episode seven and eight.

Looks like Clock King had a little bit longer to live. He is set to appear in the flash in episode seven and eight.
    I read he'll be in 7, but how do you know he'll be in 8?

I read he'll be in 7, but how do you know he'll be in 8?
    i miss read I thought he was in both.

i miss read I thought he was in both.
    Oh, okay.

Well, from what I read, on EW, he won't be working alone - could either do with help from Caitlin, or the once and future Firestorm, Cisco, all that. Or, as they theorized, lead into Episode 8, as you mention, the crossover with Arrow. Though I don't think Clock King is big enough to warrant that, with someone like Mirror Master, or a first time Rogues onslaught being something more.

I wonder why they went for such an obscure Flash villain as opposed to a more popular one like Pied Piper or Captain Boomerang.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I wonder why they went for such an obscure Flash villain as opposed to a more popular one like Pied Piper or Captain Boomerang.
    Whose to say they won't show up eventually.

Fantastic Member

This show will be better than Gotham