Page 201 of 827 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

It was a bit risky for Barry to reveal his identity to his dad. But revealing it to Eddie I think was like putting a curse on the younger Thawne. You know nothing good can come of this. I think Eddie is due for a world of hurt that he doesn't deserve.
    Barry's father already figured it out in a previous episide, when he visited his dad in prison and they had a conversation about what his father would say to The Flash if he could while exchanging knowing looks with each other. Notice his father didn't act surprised when he unmasked.

What if they convinced Eddie to have a vasectomy so he couldn't be an ancestor of Eobard? Although there would be some twist that he ends up adopting or becoming a stepfather so the timeline corrects events.

You know the Trickster may have been joking, but it wasn't sanitary for Barry to inject people with the same syringe.

I may have to go back and review some of the old episodes, but didn't Barry originally want to tell Iris the truth, only Joe told him not to? I don't get the sense that Barry likes keeping her in the dark, but I can see Barry trusting Joe to know what's best for his daughter (or what Joe thinks is best for her), especially since Joe often provides wise counsel.

It is interesting that the writers have let so many people in on the secret. I first noticed it with Grider, though the writers addressed it by killing him off in the Clock King episode. Revealing it to Cold also surprised me. If they ever do alter the timeline, it would be a neat twist to restore the secret ID so only Barry knows it, and seeing how different the character dynamics would be--although I don't expect them to do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    I may have to go back and review some of the old episodes, but didn't Barry originally want to tell Iris the truth, only Joe told him not to? I don't get the sense that Barry likes keeping her in the dark, but I can see Barry trusting Joe to know what's best for his daughter (or what Joe thinks is best for her), especially since Joe often provides wise counsel.
    Yup. Pretty much the case. He's just following Joe's lead, here.

But I find it very interesting that they revealed his ID to Eddie, who, unbeknownst to them, is a relative of Harrison Wells.

Which may play into the animus Eobard Thawne has for the Flash.

BANNED

You mean like One More Day?

Retired

Idea for a TV series: Each season of the series tells a complete arc that loops back to the beginning for the next season which now takes place in a new timeline.

I don't expect that to happen on THE FLASH because it would be too challenging. But we probably will see other timelines play out in future seasons--if we get that far.

BANNED

doesn't matter who suggested it, in the end they all agreed that keeping it a secret from iris is in her best interest. it's somewhat understandable coming from a parent, but not excusable and at this point there's no excuse for barry, and if it drags any longer, eddie either. the paternalism is pretty demeaning. watching it is like, ugh, are they really going to go with this tired route?'

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    You mean like One More Day?
    I almost made the comparison, but my inner Spider-Man fan would have died a little inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Idea for a TV series: Each season of the series tells a complete arc that loops back to the beginning for the next season which now takes place in a new timeline.

I don't expect that to happen on THE FLASH because it would be too challenging. But we probably will see other timelines play out in future seasons--if we get that far.
    That is a really brilliant idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    doesn't matter who suggested it, in the end they all agreed that keeping it a secret from iris is in her best interest. it's somewhat understandable coming from a parent, but not excusable and at this point there's no excuse for barry, and if it drags any longer, eddie either. the paternalism is pretty demeaning. watching it is like, ugh, are they really going to go with this tired route?'
    I get where you’re coming from, and when Iris finally does find out, I’m sure she’ll say some variation of “I’m an independent adult who doesn’t need you to make my choices for me.” But I really don’t blame Barry for respecting her father’s wishes due to his trust in Joe. Also, we don’t always see clearly when it comes to those we love. Eddie, now, that’s a different story—but based on interviews, it seems like he actually will have a problem with keeping it from Iris. Keep in mind, Barry may end up telling her anyway, despite Joe's opinion; the first season still isn’t even over yet. There’s plenty of time for things to play out before the finale!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What I don't get about this logic is what does it say about how Barry feels about other people who know his secret? Joe, Eddie, the STAR Labs crew, the Arrow Team what about them? Does Barry not care about their safety? Why is it that most super hero adaptations only seem to put emphasis on protecting the love interest?
    Pretty sure Joe said he didn't want Iris involved in this. I think that has a lot more to do with it.

Ultimate Member

She's ALREADY involved in it. People already know that she has SOME kind of connection to The Flash (that's why the news station hired her in the first place). So if anything, this makes her LESS safe since she's not in on everything and thus cannot take the necessary steps to protect herself. I thought that everyone on Arrow being in on Oliver's secret except for Thea was annoying, but this is even worse.

BANNED

It is safe, if Barry shows Wells that he is still in love with Iris and still has a connection to her, Wells will go after her. If Barry distances himself from Iris and hides things Wells will be less likely to go after it as it may not hit a nerve as much as someone like Joe or Henry.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    On the other hand, I have to admit that I’m sad to again see that the ‘Wells’ we know is really just evil. Early in the season, I was hoping that he’d be someone who genuinely cared for Barry/wanted him to be faster but was somehow at odds with him, but I think at this point Wells/Thawne has been outright evil from the beginning (regret over having to kill Cisco aside). I don’t mind having an unsympathetic villain, but Tom has done such a sympathetic job portraying him it’s going to be sad to lose that. It’s sad to think most—if not all—of those moments were lies.
    I'd like to think some part of him really does like Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know the Trickster may have been joking, but it wasn't sanitary for Barry to inject people with the same syringe.
    True but still a funny line.

Oh and Cisco's blog is a nice bit of info to accompany the show. So we know he feeds them but now I'm wondering how human waste is handled. I don't recall seeing a toilet in their cells.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

I have a theory that they'll somehow be able to reverse what Thwane did to Harrison Wells after this season, and that the actor will continue to be on the show. But as a good guy this time.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    It's my Breaking Bad season 5......they gave me cable so I'd stop killing guards

Is it wrong I found that funny?
    No, not at all.

I just loved that Breaking Bad got referenced, and so specifically. A tour de force for Heisenberg there, and, not too shabby at all, for James Jesse, the Trickster.

REALLY hope he returns.

Voice so reminded me of Joker/Hobgoblin.

Just so awesome. I'd put up with Devon Grayes' fella, but Hamills'? Ohhhh, that....

Didn't expect Barry to reveal his identity to Henry or Eddie, but about time he did it with his own Dad.

And, sure, whether it ends up hurting Eddie or not isn't the thing. Sometimes, ya gotta stop coming up with, as an audience, or superhero, or person, reasons, excuses etc, for why and why not to trust someone, and make a secret not.

Anyone expect Harrison to actually be dead, and Harrison Wells to still end up being Eobard Thawne?

And, anyone else feel a bit like me, that this whole thing complicates matters, or convolutes the backstory, a bit more than it needed to, when Cavanghs' Wells' Thawne could've still be the time traveller, trapped in the past?

LOVED that moment between Barry and the Speed Force, with him freeing himself of the bomb, the awesome reference to Speed - and Father Ted - and just how well it was done. The slowing done, the speed, the closing of eyes, all of it.

Did we SEE Barry phase through the truck, though?

And, anyone else like that Joe walked with Henry, instead of handcuffing him?

Or, feel that Caitlin and Cisco were delighted to be able to see, hear and touch Henry at last?

How'd people find the fighting between the Flash and the Reverse-Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I have a theory that they'll somehow be able to reverse what Thwane did to Harrison Wells after this season, and that the actor will continue to be on the show. But as a good guy this time.
    Maybe there is a way Barry goes back in time and stops Thawne from doing his thing to Wells, altering the timeline and dropping Wells in the present day as himself.

Although if he can do that without wrecking the timeline...he should be able to save his mother as well and change anything else he feels needs changing.