Page 203 of 827 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 12392
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Just wondering. Since Thawne changed history so that the particle accelerator could be invented in 2014, what ill effects did he suffer? Or was that just a story to discourage Barry from meddling with time? Barry seemed destined to be the Flash since Thawne wouldn't be the Reverse Flash if Barry never became the Flash. I wonder if Thawne's actions hastened the creation of the Flash, which will hasten Thawne's downfall, which is time getting back at him.

Sandy Hausler
    I think Eobard accidentally erased the original Flash from the timeline when he killed Barry's mother. He shook up the timeline, erased the events that originally led to Barry becoming the Flash, and as a result he lost his connection to the speed force and got stranded in the past. By setting up the particle accelerator, and moving everything ahead of schedule to accommodate his needs, he probably views Barry as being his personal creation. Now he views himself as an integral part of the Flash legacy instead of the antisocial stalker we actually know him to be.

I like how he justifies his murders by telling his victims that they've been dead for centuries. "Nah uh, I'm not a murderer, you can't kill a corpse."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    IIRC Eobard Thawne changed his face in the comics to look more like Barry. I think this was possibly a nod to that.

What makes you think that? Deadman was the acrobat Boston Brand when he was alive. I'm positive it had nothing to do with the character.
    I'd really hope Deadman, be it NBC, SyFy, Netflix, ABC, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Fox, or The CW, that it's the usual Deadman stuff, with Boston Brand and all. Too much fairly nice stuff to do with him, that can't be with others.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Okay everybody else seems to be showing up from the old show so Alex Desert needs to pop up at some point.
    He would be great as Wally West's father. And I'm assuming, since Iris doesn't have a biological brother (that we know of), Wally will have to be her cousin which could mean Wally's father is Joe's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Okay everybody else seems to be showing up from the old show so Alex Desert needs to pop up at some point.
    Well, only the original Trickster, original Flash and original Tina McGee, as those characters, and Barrys' Dad, so not that many, but, sure, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    He would be great as Wally West's father. And I'm assuming, since Iris doesn't have a biological brother (that we know of), Wally will have to be her cousin which could mean Wally's father is Joe's brother.
    ... Isn't Joe her Dad?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I doubt the original timeline will be restored since Barry doesn't become Flash until 2020 in it.

Lol at Hamill saying the "I am your father!" line!
    I never even got that as a homage to the classic TESB scene, but, moreso just a Star Wars reference, but, man, that is something.

My thoughts:

My god, what a great episode. Everything was clicking. Hamill was GOLD as the Trickster. He gave off a creepy malevolence while still being fun to watch. Loved the 'Hanibal Lector' cage he was in, too.

The New Trickster... meh. He was what he was. I did love it when Mark gave the 'I am your father' line.

Speaking of lines... was anybody else waiting for that 'Time to be... AMAZED!' line they showed in one of the earlier trailers?

Wells and Thawne... did not see that coming. It's sad to realize that Wells was truly a good guy, who had a good life... and it was stolen from him. Though when Thawne as Wells warned Barry about changing the time stream last episode, I wonder if that's because when he took Well's place, Gideon showed him a new future that de didn't like.

I wonder- that transfer, did it just turn Thawne into Wells physically, or did it give him his memories as well? Is there more of Harrison Wells in Thawne than even he knows, and will that play a part in the season finale? Though, with how easily he killed Cisco, I'm not so sure.

That scene was GRAPHIC, too. I was shocked how graphic it was for network tv- though I admit I still have to catch up on Constantine.

I hope that Cavanaugh is around for Season 2. I like the idea that Barry changes history, and the real Harrison Well's survives.

The fight in the past between the two speedsters- Barry had a different costume. So unless he gets one for the final episode, he won't be traveling back this season.

Barry's Dad already guessed that he was The Flash, so it was nice for Barry to take off the mask for him. For Eddie, though- that surprised me.

Yeah, I can understand how safe it will keep Iris with her being the only person not knowing who the Flash is. I mean, that worked out so well for Thea in Arrow...

As for that teaser... I was shocked how good Grodd looked- and I wonder how big a roll he'll play in the last few episodes. It'll be fun to see Ray and Felicity in Central City, and it looks like Cisco and Joe go to Starling (I think that was Joe and Lance finding the real Wells body). And, of course, Oliver in full League gear. Does he join, or just borrow one of Malcolm's old outfits because his green leather's are too conspicuous now?

EDIT: One thing I forgot. While I loved the hints of The Joker in Hamill's Trickster, was anyone else hoping he bust out the full Joker laugh?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 04-01-2015 at 04:53 PM.

I think Gideon has a 3D printer built-in.

And looking up Gideon, I see that she's voiced by Morena Baccarin--I did not know that. Now we have to see her in the flesh on THE FLASH--it would be a crime against humanity not to.
    Captain Essen might have something to say about that...

The mayor was a cop in the original Flash series.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What I don't get about this logic is what does it say about how Barry feels about other people who know his secret? Joe, Eddie, the STAR Labs crew, the Arrow Team what about them? Does Barry not care about their safety? Why is it that most super hero adaptations only seem to put emphasis on protecting the love interest?
    Spider-Man and Aunt May.

Check. And MATE.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The mayor was a cop in the original Flash series.
    Mayor Bellows was Officer Bellows than, or same actor, just?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    ... Isn't Joe her Dad?
    If Iris West is the daughter of Joe West and Joe West is the brother of Rudy West and Rudy West is the father of Wally West--then Wally West is the cousin of Iris West.

In the original comics Iris West was the sister of Rudy West and Rudy West was the father of Wally West--and Wally was the nephew of Iris West.

I see no way that Wally West could be the nephew of Iris West on the TV show unless she has a brother or sister. Or if Iris married a man also with the last name West and he had a nephew named Wally West.

Am I missing something?

If Iris West is the daughter of Joe West and Joe West is the brother of Rudy West and Rudy West is the father of Wally West--then Wally West is the cousin of Iris West.

In the original comics Iris West was the sister of Rudy West and Rudy West was the father of Wally West--and Wally was the nephew of Iris West.

I see no way that Wally West could be the nephew of Iris West on the TV show unless she has a brother or sister. Or if Iris married a man also with the last name West and he had a nephew named Wally West.

Am I missing something?
    Ah, cool, thanks. I thought you were saying she didn't have a father, that we know of, but, no worries.

Hope we see Wally soon, and Jay in the next Season.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Captain Essen might have something to say about that...
    At the moment or in a few days, DEADPOOL is filming in Vancouver. So if THE FLASH hasn't shut down production for the season yet--it would be very easy for Morena Baccarin to walk a block over (or be taken there by the car service) to where they're shooting THE FLASH and have a scene with Tom Cavanaugh in the flesh.

I think it was both. The same actor playing the same character, except now he's the Mayor. Hamill told a funny story about being on set with him, and talking to the actor and telling him he looked familiar. The actor turned to him and said "Mark, we were on the show 20 years ago!"