Page 205 of 827 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know the Trickster may have been joking, but it wasn't sanitary for Barry to inject people with the same syringe.
    They showed it for a brief second - The Flash used those hyposprays like in Star Trek (they do exist in the real world) where it atomizes the medicine and it goes through your skin - no needles needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    He would be great as Wally West's father. And I'm assuming, since Iris doesn't have a biological brother (that we know of), Wally will have to be her cousin which could mean Wally's father is Joe's brother.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think it was both. The same actor playing the same character, except now he's the Mayor. Hamill told a funny story about being on set with him, and talking to the actor and telling him he looked familiar. The actor turned to him and said "Mark, we were on the show 20 years ago!"
    Heh, heh. I think he can be forgiven for not remembering a guy he worked with for a few scenes 25 years ago.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

I wonder- that transfer, did it just turn Thawne into Wells physically, or did it give him his memories as well? Is there more of Harrison Wells in Thawne than even he knows, and will that play a part in the season finale? Though, with how easily he killed Cisco, I'm not so sure.
    There was an interview with Kreisberg about the episode where he basically says that's something they've accounted for in writing Wells and one of the issues the show will be addressing as it moves towards the season's conclusion.

For a while I thought they were going in a different direction with the Wells' reveal, where Thawne forces/controls Wells into building the accelerator (without the body swipe) and uses the energy from the accelerator blast to return to his own time. Once freed from Thawne's control, Wells uses the tech that Thawne left behind (including the A.I. interface) to find out about the Flash and sets out to use Barry as his means to travel to the future and exact revenge on Thawne, possibly to altering the time-stream and preventing his wife (and Barry's mom) from dying in the first place. Of course, that would have made the "real" Harrison Wells a murderer (Stagg, the reporter, Cisco) but that could have used that to make him something of a "cautionary" tale to Barry about the cost and corrupting effect of seeking vengeance.

He would be great as Wally West's father. And I'm assuming, since Iris doesn't have a biological brother (that we know of), Wally will have to be her cousin which could mean Wally's father is Joe's brother.
    Yeah no. I'd rather they have no Wally at all then a Wally who doesn't look and act like Wally.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yeah no. I'd rather they have no Wally at all then a Wally who doesn't look and act like Wally.
    If he looks like he does in the comics, sure, that's grand.

I'd see little wrong with that, and as long as he stands out nicely, lends something interesting to the show, as Flash, or Impulse, or Kid-Flash.

Wally's got a lot to give.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    You took the "everybody" part of my previous post a little too seriously, lol. But if you add Bellows from the latest episode that's most of the original series regulars (not counting Trickster) except Desert making appearances. I'll be surprised if he doesn't show up eventually.
    Oh. Yes. Certainly. I do that at times, to be sure, sometimes because I'm thinking the poster's making a negative point, or want to point out the falseness of it if not true.

Really? Four down, one to go, no others?

at least now we know the basics of what really happened to the real Dr. Wells.. though I guess his body is still another story.. which I'm sure will be a dangling plot line at some point.

I hope Cisco is kept in his human form for as many seasons as possible. Becoming Vibe in season 2 would be too much too quick. Same for Killer Frost.

I just hope that the conceit can be maintained that Thawne-Wells

.. Eddie knowing the secret is going to end badly. I can tell already. They shouldn't have told him. He's going to be chomping at the bit to tell Iris.

A phasing stunt already, hmm, I figured that would be for season two.

I wonder will there be another time warp in the finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    at least now we know the basics of what really happened to the real Dr. Wells.. though I guess his body is still another story.. which I'm sure will be a dangling plot line at some point.

I hope Cisco is kept in his human form for as many seasons as possible. Becoming Vibe in season 2 would be too much too quick. Same for Killer Frost.

I just hope that the conceit can be maintained that Thawne-Wells

.. Eddie knowing the secret is going to end badly. I can tell already. They shouldn't have told him. He's going to be chomping at the bit to tell Iris.

A phasing stunt already, hmm, I figured that would be for season two.

I wonder will there be another time warp in the finale?
    Hype, you said you 'I just hope that the conceit can be maintained that Thawne-Wells'.

Was that the end, or was there more?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well I don't think it's a spoiler to say that they announced Wally would be seen by the end of this season (since it was announced in headlines, I think it's gone past being a spoiler).

And if he's Wally WEST, it's a pretty safe bet he's related to Joe in some way. Once they cast Jesse L. Martin as Joe West, it was pretty much pre-determined that everyone related to him by biology would resemble him to some degree.

I don't really like the idea of changing Wally, but I'm resigned to it by now. And you never know, he could have red hair. Whoever plays him might actually be closer to Wally's character than we know. And there's a range of personalities to choose from with Wally--since he grew and developed as a character. I certainly wouldn't expect or want a Wally that resembles him later in life when he was married to Linda Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    DC needs to figure this out! I don't get why they shop around their shows to other networks? Make CW the home of DC comics - Warner Brothers owns the network for goodness sake! And TV is perfect for Dark Knight: Year One kind of series which is what the Arrow is. Heck, they should right now state that Ra's wants the Arrow because a certain man dressed like a Bat is killing his operations in Gotham and introduce a young Bruce Wayne to the mix.
    It may be they don't want to be know as just 'The Super Hero Network', like CBS back in the seventies. Or they don't want to put all their eggs in one basket.

Incredible Member

But 'I don't want a Wally that doesn't look or act like Wally' means nothing when there have been multiple versions of him. Which one is THE Wally all other Wallys are supposed to act like? Young Justice Wally was different from Justice League Unlimited Wally who was different from nu52 Wally who was different from pre-52 Wally....this is just one more version of Wally, nothing more, nothing less.

If the show can make me care about a Thawne character and sincerely worry that Barry sharing his secret with Eddie is going to lead to Eddie dying or turning evil or something like that, then I feel pretty confident they can craft a compelling version of Wally West.
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 04-01-2015 at 08:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    DC needs to figure this out! I don't get why they shop around their shows to other networks? Make CW the home of DC comics - Warner Brothers owns the network for goodness sake! And TV is perfect for Dark Knight: Year One kind of series which is what the Arrow is. Heck, they should right now state that Ra's wants the Arrow because a certain man dressed like a Bat is killing his operations in Gotham and introduce a young Bruce Wayne to the mix.
    DC can't make the CW do anything. They may both be owned by the same parent company, but each operates as an independent business entity. DC has no leverage to force CW to air their shows, and while the CW does have a certain identity and appeals to a certain demographic, even within those parameters, it makes good business sense to have a diverse programming slate. The days of narrowly-defined niche programming are pretty much over. There are way too may entertainment options available to every segment of the audience for a network to survive long doing on small, specific thing over and over. That's why most cable channels that began their existence appealing to one very specific narrowly-define audience segment (like the Sci-Fi channel) have long since expanded into other kinds of programming.

Well I don't think it's a spoiler to say that they announced Wally would be seen by the end of this season (since it was announced in headlines, I think it's gone past being a spoiler).

And if he's Wally WEST, it's a pretty safe bet he's related to Joe in some way. Once they cast Jesse L. Martin as Joe West, it was pretty much pre-determined that everyone related to him by biology would resemble him to some degree.

I don't really like the idea of changing Wally, but I'm resigned to it by now. And you never know, he could have red hair. Whoever plays him might actually be closer to Wally's character than we know. And there's a range of personalities to choose from with Wally--since he grew and developed as a character. I certainly wouldn't expect or want a Wally that resembles him later in life when he was married to Linda Park.
    Why can't they do some kind of adoption thing. Or have Wally's father be Joe's half brother who is half-white or three quarters white and Wally's mother is white? That way the show's version can look like the comic version with light skin and straight red hair. I mean, there are biracial people who look completely white. For example, Shailene Woodley is 1/4 black.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member

Not a whole lot I can say about this episode that hasn't been said yet but I loved it just like everyone else. It was great seeing Mark Hamill and yeah he did sound a lot like the Joker, but that kind of reminds me of how Jackie Earl Haley sounded pretty much the same playing both Rorschach and Freddie Krueger. A voice can only change so much. Hamill looks a little chubby these days- I guess that must be what his wisened Jedi master in "The Force Awakens" will look like too.

There is one thing I wondered about. A spike strip doesn't usually make a car roll over but it's always possible. The rollover killed Wells' wife and it could have killed him as well as far as Thawne knew. Anyone think the device that Thawne used to change into Wells did not require Wells to be alive as long as he was only recently dead? Reminds me of a certain "Man of Steel" exchange- "Does Kal El need to be alive for us to extract the codex from his cells?" "No."

It may be they don't want to be know as just 'The Super Hero Network', like CBS back in the seventies. Or they don't want to put all their eggs in one basket.
    I did not know CBS was known as the superhero network. What was their lineup besides Spider-Man and the Hulk? In any case, the viewer demographics are not what they used to be in the 70s. Now its more about what demographic is watching not so much how many. For example, even though older people have more money they are less desirable to advertisers because older people have made up their minds on products for the most part so their is little return on advert dollars trying to get them to switch brands so a show that gets large ratings but is mostly among old viewers is not as attractive as a smaller niche show would be.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 04-02-2015 at 12:34 AM.