Page 208 of 827 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 12392
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    How did you feel about that different turn?
    It worked for this episode. But if I was Axel I wouldn't turn my back to James Jesse, because I think he would shoot me in the back if he got the chance. Paternal love doesn't seem his strong suit.

Axel reminded me of a young Jon Cryer--and not in a good PRETTY IN PINK way, but in a bad SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE way.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Not really.

Man of Steel laid the foundation for the DC cinematic universe, but the actual shared universe (which was the specific topic being addressed) doesn't begin until BvS-DOJ hits screen. Man of Steel was a Superman movie, period. The only hints of anything "shared" (the Wayne and Luthor logos on a couple of buildings/vehicles) didn't rise above the level of minor Easter eggs. The shared universe doesn't come into play until we actually see Superman sharing the screen with characters from outside his "canon." And that doesn't happen until next year.
    Yes, indeed, really.

Could say the same about Iron Man, but, you never said shared, and neither did I.

So, there was no need for that correction.

The universe began with Man Of Steel, though I'll attest that FURTHER sharing will continue in DOJ, not that it begins there, with the various Easter eggs, on Lex, Wayne, Victor Stone and much, much more.

It was a Superman movie, but no - no 'period' at all.

It was the beginning, and we can see it wasn't, or that it wasn't intended from the start to be, but same could well, again, be said for Iron Man.

Was it retroactively made a shared universe?

But, that wasn't my point at all, at all, and you feel not a single degree of need to say such things to me, with what I, and yourself, had said.

I said nothing to warrant reply, that reply, or anything contradicting what I said.

Not one letter.

But, I'll leave it at that, and will respect your opinion and stand by mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It worked for this episode. But if I was Axel I wouldn't turn my back to James Jesse, because I think he would shoot me in the back if he got the chance. Paternal love doesn't seem his strong suit.

Axel reminded me of a young Jon Cryer--and not in a good PRETTY IN PINK way, but in a bad SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE way.
    Ah, one of the worst nephews in the world.

Grrraaagh.

Yeah, probably. Still find it odd that he hugged James and laughed after the revelation, though.

Since Wells/Thawne changed things to make the particle accelerator happen six years sooner, (assuming the newspaper from the pilot is from the original timeline) does that mean that the event in the newspaper also happens six years sooner? Or did the newspaper change to match the new timeline, assuming there is only one future?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Could say the same about Iron Man, but, you never said shared, and neither did I.

So, there was no need for that correction.
    Yes I did, thus yes there was.

It's way too early to declare the WB is "struggling with their (shared) cinematic universe" when, for all intents and purposes, they haven't even launched it yet. BvS: DoJ will be the first installment in a DC cinematic universe and it isn't out for another year.
    Moreover, this entire exchange was prompted by my response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    All good points. I won't declare I know what goes on in movie/tv business deals but it does seem DC via WB is struggling with their cinematic universe (the shared kind of universe) but its TV shows seem to work well so far - with notable exceptions like Gotham which does not seem to be a shared universe.
    So, yes, as I said, a "shared universe" was, in fact, from the beginning of this exchange, the specific topic being addressed.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-03-2015 at 04:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Since Wells/Thawne changed things to make the particle accelerator happen six years sooner, (assuming the newspaper from the pilot is from the original timeline) does that mean that the event in the newspaper also happens six years sooner? Or did the newspaper change to match the new timeline, assuming there is only one future?
    I assume the latter. There have been a couple examples of the headlines from the future changing in response to events in the present, most notably when Barry lost his powers temporarily and all mention of the Flash's existence disappeared from the newspaper. When Barry's powers returned, so did the future coverage of the Flash.

Something that's been bothering me since the Firestorm episodes - General Eiling seems to know way too much about how Firestorm worked, and that he was easily able to deploy weapons designed to beat the Flash.

Not once, but twice.

What if he was tossing those weapons at a flash's superspeed, not just at a normal human speed. It would explain why he was able to get the drop on Barry so easily.

And, did anyone notice that he was pretty hell-bent on killing Firestorm? And, despite the Reverse-Flash's attack, we don't actually see him killed?

And, I would love to see Iris figure things out on her own, and give her dad, and to a lesser extent Barry, what for!

Just a few thoughts ...
    Last edited by KoriandrJean; 04-05-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Something that's been bothering me since the Firestorm episodes - General Eiling seems to know way too much about how Firestorm worked, and that he was easily able to deploy weapons designed to beat the Flash.

Not once, but twice.

What if he was tossing those weapons at a flash's superspeed, not just at a normal human speed. It would easily explain why he was able to get the drop on Barry so easily.

And, did anyone notice that he was pretty hell-bent on killing Firestorm? And, despite the Reverse-Flash's attack, we don't actually see him killed?

And, I would love to see Iris figure things out on her own, and give her dad, and to a lesser extent Barry, what for!

Just a few thoughts ...
    Eiling and Wells were working together on his research and that probably had a lot of information that Eiling could exploit.

Barry and Joe don't want Iris poking around in Harrison's business because they know that will tip off Wells (given the same thing happened with Mason Bridge when he got too close). Of course, they could've just told her the whole thing and asked her to back off--but maybe since she's not a cop, they're worried she'll end up doing someting to blow their investigation anyhow.

I don't see this as just men trying protect a woman--although that's part of it--it's really about not giving themselves away to Harrison Wells. Of course, they don't know how much he really knows.

Episode title for 19 is Who is Harrison Wells?, includes Hannibal Bates, a trip to Starling City and more - here's a synopsis:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20150402cw03/

Lightbulb Something Tells Me It's Not That Simple ...

Eiling and Wells were working together on his research and that probably had a lot of information that Eiling could exploit.

Barry and Joe don't want Iris poking around in Harrison's business because they know that will tip off Wells (given the same thing happened with Mason Bridge when he got too close). Of course, they could've just told her the whole thing and asked her to back off--but maybe since she's not a cop, they're worried she'll end up doing someting to blow their investigation anyhow.

I don't see this as just men trying protect a woman--although that's part of it--it's really about not giving themselves away to Harrison Wells. Of course, they don't know how much he really knows.
    If that's the case, it's already far too late. We still don't know what true danger Simon Stagg had presented to Barry, other than a mild obsession with metas. Presumably, it was from that future newspaper that Thawne had.

Or, is maybe still getting ...

More than that though, is the fact that Thawne has had a substantial amount of influence on both the development of both The Flash and Firestorm: he had Barry in his custody for nine months, and Ron/Martin have to use a device that Thawne created to merge. Isn't anyone worried that both heroes might be ... compromised ... in some way?

All-New Member

Hello, The Flash fans! Nice to jump into this thread. New to CBR forums but not new to comics. in fact, I'm actually involved in creating DC content. I'm the Senior Creative Director on DC Universe Online, so this show is right up my alley. I did a wrap up video of "Rogue Time" with my wife. If you want to watch it you can find it here. Enjoy, and looking forward to sharing impressions of The Flash with all of you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post

I don't think Eiling wanted Firestorm dead, at least not as a first option. He wanted him captured/controlled, same with Plastique. His mission is to turn metahumans into weapons for the government. And I'm pretty sure Eiling appears in the "coming attractions" trailer they put out for the remainder of the season's episodes, presumably under the mental control of Grodd.

I think the main reason they don't bring Iris into it is because Joe doesn't want her to know that Barry is the Flash. He thinks bringing her into the "inner circle" would put her in danger. Of course, the fact that Barry is the Flash and that both her father and boyfriend (A) know he's the Flash and (B) are cops already puts her in danger.

Exactly!

I don't think Eiling wanted Firestorm dead, at least not as a first option. He wanted him captured/controlled, same with Plastique. His mission is to turn metahumans into weapons for the government. And I'm pretty sure Eiling appears in the "coming attractions" trailer they put out for the remainder of the season's episodes, presumably under the mental control of Grodd.

I think the main reason they don't bring Iris into it is because Joe doesn't want her to know that Barry is the Flash. He thinks bringing her into the "inner circle" would put her in danger. Of course, the fact that Barry is the Flash and that both her father and boyfriend (A) know he's the Flash and (B) are cops already puts her in danger.
    Exactly! Which is all the more reason Barry should come clean with her - and bring Joe along.

Btw, what happened to Henry at the end of "Tricksters?"

And, where is Captain Jim? Haven't seen him post anything lately ...

http://screenrant.com/flash-set-phot...omment-1591781

According to the above, ScreenRant says there's a happy event coming for the season finale ...

Although I have nothing but love for Hamill's Joker and understand why people still associate him with the role, I don't think that took away from his Trickster one bit. After all, he was the Trickster before he was Joker and he never did a live action Joker. Great to see him return, and I was surprised by the reveal of his relation to Axel Walker. I expected Jesse to die so Axel could take over as the recurring Trickster on the show, but who knows? Maybe they'll try to rule Central City as father and son.

Even though I feel like Arrow should stick to the flashbacks and The Flash should do its own thing, I loved Eoboard's flashbacks here. Helps for the viewer to understand things from his perspective too, and seeing the Flash/Reverse Flash fight fifteen years ago was simply incredible. As was the Flash vibrating trick. Wow, I loved Wells talking him through that! Real treat for Flash fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    On the other hand, I have to admit that I’m sad to again see that the ‘Wells’ we know is really just evil. Early in the season, I was hoping that he’d be someone who genuinely cared for Barry/wanted him to be faster but was somehow at odds with him, but I think at this point Wells/Thawne has been outright evil from the beginning (regret over having to kill Cisco aside). I don’t mind having an unsympathetic villain, but Tom has done such a sympathetic job portraying him it’s going to be sad to lose that. It’s sad to think most—if not all—of those moments were lies.
    I think the idea is that Eoboard Thawne was always an evil murdering sociopath but in pretending to be Wells, he ended up having genuine fatherly feelings for Cisco, Kaitlin, and Barry. We've seen some of that in his more private moments. I'm wondering if having a real Harrison Wells means they can keep Cavanagh on somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I also love how it follows the comics but tweeks and changes little things so even us comic readers are surprised. Since the midseason finale, the show has been on fire
    I'm glad they can pull surprises like that. Even having a real Harrison Wells surprised me because, well, for a time traveler, it sounds like a made-up identity.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I really wish they mamde Shipp Jay. He would've looked great in the tin hat. But hey, who knows? Maybe there will be a twist and he was neer really Henry Allen, but Jay Garrick all along.
    Or they'll get another actor who closely resembles Jay. I'm loving Shipp as Henry. Ever scene he has with Barry is heartwarming.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    this is why i prefer comic books to have TV shows. this is why i'm more excited for the marvel netflix shows than the movies.
    I don't blame you, this show is certainly making a strong case for serialized superhero shows (not that Smallville and Arrow haven't provided good evidence as well), and I'm betting this Netflix Daredevil show is going to do way more for the character than the movie did (and I liked the movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    And did anyone else find the irony of Barry's "Why do I even wear a mask around you" line to Iris funny based on the fact he then spent the rest of the episode unmasking to everyone else.
    I wonder if that was him voicing the question the audience was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    You mean like One More Day?
    The Spectre actually erased Wally West's public identity in a story that predated One More Day.