Page 225 of 827 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    The ends do not justify the means.
    No one said they did.

You're conflating suspicions with evidence. They're two very different things.

Doesn't matter what their suspicions were based on, their suspicions were correct which, by definition, makes them valid. Suspicions are beliefs; they don't require hard provable facts. That's where actual evidence comes in. The former does not require the latter in order to form. Their suspicions were enough to make them look more closely at Wells, which led them to keep digging until they found the evidence that proved their suspicions correct. That's how investigations work. THe facts and the evidence don't always just fall at the investigators feet right at the very beginning.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-24-2015 at 03:12 PM.

What a great way to end an episode.

I think Season 1 of the Flash has been consistently great. Even if some unforeseen catastrophic disaster causes season 2 to have dramatically less quality, that’s still almost 23 hours of excellent serial storytelling. That’s far more than superheroes get in film trilogies.

Although I enjoyed this episode, especially the tag, I think this and last week’s episodes felt slower than usual. One thing I have loved about the Flash is the show typically doesn’t drag plot threads along too long (save for the overarching Well’s subplot and Iris) like many other shows on tv that proceed at a glacial pace. The first nine episodes started out of the gate with a bang. These last two episodes did seem slower, but I think some of that’s due to the change from the original order of episodes that was expanded after the season began. With Wells exposed, I expect the pace to pick back up.

Super excited for next week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    No one said they did.

Doesn't matter what their suspicions were based on, their suspicions were correct which, by definition, makes them valid. Suspicions are beliefs; they don't require hard provable facts. That's where actual evidence comes in. The former does not require the latter in order to form. Their suspicions were enough to make them look more closely at Wells, which led them to keep digging until they found the evidence that proved their suspicions correct. That's how investigations work. THe facts and the evidence don't always just fall at the investigators feet right at the very beginning.
    Okay so, list all the suspicions they had.

I want to see an episode where Barry breaks a dimensional barrier, and encounters John Wesley Shipp as the Flash from his continuity (and at the age he is now). There can be a shared adventure and some words exchanged about knowing that the Flash has a legacy in multiple worlds. Shipp Flash can be married to Tina McGee, and have speedy children.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see an episode where Barry breaks a dimensional barrier, and encounters John Wesley Shipp as the Flash from his continuity (and at the age he is now). There can be a shared adventure and some words exchanged about knowing that the Flash has a legacy in multiple worlds. Shipp Flash can be married to Tina McGee, and have speedy children.
    I know we probably won't see it either but I'd love to see him do this but meet up with Walter West instead
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    No one said they did.

Looking at it based on your statement here Catilyn had every right and reason to doubt there suspicions and was under no obligation to lie to her boss/mentor/friend based on there unsupported belief. It has been stated by some that she should have given Barry and company the benefit of the doubt based on the things they have been through together but that ignores the fact that everything she has been through with them she went through with Wells helping, guiding and saving them on multiple occasions. It also ignores the fact that before she ever met Barry Wells hired her, introduced her to the man who became her fiance and stood by her when that man died and her career was falling apart. Then later brought that man back to her to give her some sense of closure and hope. Barry and friends were asking her to ignore all of that and her relationship with Wells based on a belief in an improbable idea. The closest thing they had to proof was a statement that he changed after someone he loved died which is something she could relate to as a normal reaction. So her not wanting to hide the investigation doesn't make her stupid or crazy just loyal to her boss.

Fantastic Member

Nine Years to Go...

BANNED

who can relate?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

This is such a good episode.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

So a Batman exists in the future?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMatrix View Post
    The Justice League is inferred, also.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 20 "The Trap" Love that Barry, Cisco and Caitlin finally discovered Dr. Wells is the Reserve Flash. Cisco geeking out was kind of funny especially him dropping another Back to the Future reference. I really do hope they update Barry's costume because the future version looks so much better. Surprised to learn that Barry created Gideon in the future and I thought it was cool Gideon nearly name dropped the Justice League. I'm hoping that Cisco remembering the alternate timeline has something to do with his powers from the comics. Interesting use of The Flash's powers during the fire rescue scene. Tom Cavanagh gives a great performance in this episode super creepy. Wasn't expecting him use Hannibal Bates like that but nice call back to last week. Iris finally knows Barry is The Flash. I'm really excited about Grodd next week.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Missed the episode, but I'll catch it tommorow.

I just want to say, the flash is the best piece of live action superhero content I've seen in my life. I can't believe that I can watch over 7 episodes straight without getting bored. That's an amazing feat.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMatrix View Post
    I missed that. Or are you just going by the wayne enterprises/queen consolidated merger

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    Looking at it based on your statement here Catilyn had every right and reason to doubt there suspicions and was under no obligation to lie to her boss/mentor/friend based on there unsupported belief. It has been stated by some that she should have given Barry and company the benefit of the doubt based on the things they have been through together but that ignores the fact that everything she has been through with them she went through with Wells helping, guiding and saving them on multiple occasions. It also ignores the fact that before she ever met Barry Wells hired her, introduced her to the man who became her fiance and stood by her when that man died and her career was falling apart. Then later brought that man back to her to give her some sense of closure and hope. Barry and friends were asking her to ignore all of that and her relationship with Wells based on a belief in an improbable idea. The closest thing they had to proof was a statement that he changed after someone he loved died which is something she could relate to as a normal reaction. So her not wanting to hide the investigation doesn't make her stupid or crazy just loyal to her boss.
    The ultimate thing is, if Wells was innocent, then there was no harm in letting Barry, Joe, and Cisco investigate without clueing Wells in on it. Best case scenario, they prove or find nothing. Worst case scenario, he's guilty and then she knows that she's been lied to for years, this nan ruined her and her boyfriends life , harmed untold amounts of people with his accelerator explosion and is one of the most dangerous men in the world.

The alternative to that is tell him, kill any investigation, never really know, possibly put everyone at risk.

There were enough reasons to give them suspicion. Joe and Eddie really has no reason to be loyal to Wells. Barry wasn't suspicious until a reporter who was looking into Wells went missing. If anybody else was the Reverse Flash, why kill a guy whose linking someone else to the identity? The only person who benefits is Wells if he's the a Reverse Flash. That made sense for Barry in conjunction with Joe always being skeptical. Cisco was always weary of his machine not working, and he had been having recurring nightmares that were dressing him out. That made him more prone to believe it.

So it comes down to the Caitlin scenario I already laid out. She has nothing to lose. The only negative thing that could happen is that Wells is innocent, he finds out, gets upset, everyone explains there side of the story, and he either forgives them or doesn't. That's the biggest risk if he's innocent.

It's really the only logical thing.