Page 229 of 827 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 12392

We do not fully know the amount of information Wells has access to in regard to future events. He obviously has the paper showing us a decade from now, but also the knowledge of the hundreds of years in between now and the time he comes from plus the years he experienced in his normal, forward moving life until he becomes the Reverse Flash. With all this time travel in play, he may also have info regarding his final fate before it happens, (perhaps the traditional neck-snap at the hands of Barry) which could be a pretty good motivator.

Also in regard to Eddie, all he has to do is see the byline on that future newspaper to start his descent into becoming an adversary. I can totally see him as the new Reverse Flash (or better yet, Zoom) once Eobard is dead. A nice, slow boil, showing him get speed powers (maybe a retroactive inherited trait through some sort of transfusion? Could he recreate Barrys accident? There are a million possibilities) would be a real treat. We shall see.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I liked the angle they came up with in the comics about the time travel itself kinda of messed up Reverse Flash's head. Then the Waid story where the first time Thawne went back in time to meet Barry who he idolized he arrived after Barry had already died during Crisis, and then he finds out that he himself becomes a villain and that his hero Barry ends up killing him pushing him over the edge.

So in the comics it sort of becomes a time loop in that if Thawne had not found out about his own death he would never have become the Reverse Flash to begin with which in turns leads to him dying in the first place. Instant crazy fuel.

Watching Tom Cavanagh chew scenery is my favorite part of this series. I hope the Reverse-Flash sticks around beyond Season 1, a la Merlyn, because I do not want to lose this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Watching Tom Cavanagh chew scenery is my favorite part of this series. I hope the Reverse-Flash sticks around beyond Season 1, a la Merlyn, because I do not want to lose this guy.

I'm sure he will. He's THE flash villain. I do think he'll take a break in s2 for grodd though.

BANNED

There's a theory that the original Wells will return somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    There's a theory that the original Wells will return somehow.
    That would be cool. The Barry/Wells dynamic was so fun to watch before Barry started suspecting him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    That would be cool. The Barry/Wells dynamic was so fun to watch before Barry started suspecting him.
    Yeah, but that dynamic was fueled primarily by Wells' hidden agenda bubbling just below the surface. If the "real" Wells came back, he would be a different character with a completely different relationship with Barry. Which is not to say they shouldn't bring him back, but doing so would take the Barry/Wells relationship in an entirely new direction.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    But, since I didn't say it, mentioning it in specific response to me was irrelevant.

They didn't have any evidence of Wells' innocence. Given what they knew of both metahumans and advanced tech, there were a dozen ways he could have faked the confrontation with the Reverse-Flash. And they all had "emotions involved" in what was going on. Cisco and Barry had just as many emotional ties to Wells as she did (he literally saved Barry's life) but they were able to see past that to the truth. Emotions and reason are not mutually exclusive. They can (and for most people most of the time) do act in concert. If Caitlin allowed her emotions to override her reason, then that was a poor choice on her part. An understandable one? Sure. No one's saying it wasn't. But just because someone can rationalize a bad decision doesn't make it a good one.
    Even if they assumed he faked the fight they still had DNA evidence proving someone other than Wells was in the room killing Nora Allen and since there was a real Dr Wells who was somewhere else at the time of the murder fake Wells would have had and alibi if they looked for one. So there was evidence they chose to not accept. As far as whether it would have been a good choice to tell Wells, probably not but it would have a reasonable and informed choice with and emotional motivation.

Incredible Member

Yeah, but that dynamic was fueled primarily by Wells' hidden agenda bubbling just below the surface. If the "real" Wells came back, he would be a different character with a completely different relationship with Barry. Which is not to say they shouldn't bring him back, but doing so would take the Barry/Wells relationship in an entirely new direction.
    Unless he returns the wells from the earlier time and brings him back to the new time.... and as for the dopple wells... well... some shapeshifter can take his place and... damn there is no hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Unless he returns the wells from the earlier time and brings him back to the new time.... and as for the dopple wells... well... some shapeshifter can take his place and... damn there is no hope.
    Depends on what you're hoping for, I suppose. If they do manage to bring back the "real" Wells, it would provide a lot of opportunity for interesting interactions, just nothing like what we've come to expect with fake-Wells. We have no idea what the real Wells is actually like as a person, and neither do any of the other characters. It would be uncharted territory for all of them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Depends on what you're hoping for, I suppose. If they do manage to bring back the "real" Wells, it would provide a lot of opportunity for interesting interactions, just nothing like what we've come to expect with fake-Wells. We have no idea what the real Wells is actually like as a person, and neither do any of the other characters. It would be uncharted territory for all of them.
    From what we have seen of the real Wells, he would be more nerdier and emotional.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I do hope Thawne returns for later seasons but not like Merlyn. Merlyn's turned into some useless anti-hero type character. Thawne should always be a villain

I'm happy they finally brought up what made Joe West agree on letting Eobard Thawne take care of Barry.
    And I love that they gave nods to pre-crisis Barry Allen.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    From what we have seen of the real Wells, he would be more nerdier and emotional.
    But we haven't really seen all that much of him, and the little we have seen isn't enough to give us a definitive picture of who he is. Plus, everything we have seen of him was in the context of a younger man in grip of true love and big dreams for the future. Having him return to find all of that burned to ashes (by a man who stole his life and murdered the woman he loved while pretending to be Wells) would almost certainly have a cataclysmic effect on his psyche and emotions. No telling where all that raw anger and grief could take him. Hell, he could easily develop his own hatred for Barry (since Barry was the catalyst for everything Thawne did) and turn out to be as much of a threat as Thawne was. And that would leave Team Flash with some tough choices to make regarding how to deal with him.

Lots of interesting story potential, if they decide to go there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Not that I know of. I think the reason Reverse Flash hates Flash is because he keeps foiling his evil schemes like classic villains. Though it's more likely due to the love triangle with Iris, Eddie, and Barry.
    Thawne does mention fighting Barry's older self "time and again".

What started Thawne's long running arch villan grudge with Barry we don't yet know but he must have been really desperate to consider
    killing Barry as a little kid to finally beat him.