Page 231 of 827 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 12392
    Incredible Member

A few of the questions I had after the episode were:

Does Caitlin and Cisco still have a job and will they still be able to operate out of Star Labs?

What happens to the Pipeline and all the meta-criminals held there?

How do they deal with Everyman's dead body? Dump or burn the body? Call CCPD and tell them West killed him when he escaped where he was being held and tried to harm a civilian?

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post

Does Caitlin and Cisco still have a job and will they still be able to operate out of Star Labs?

How do they deal with Everyman's dead body? Dump or burn the body? Call CCPD and tell them West killed him when he escaped where he was being held and tried to harm a civilian?
    Cant call it in because its illegal for private citizens to hold people against there will criminal or not. Citizen arrest is one thing but citizens locking people up and throwing away the key with no trial. Flash is running gitmo lol will probaly be a plothole the whole thing. Best case scenario the fact normal cells cant hold these peopl makes it ok somehow. Maybe d.a and cheif of police lie and take the blame. I just enjoy the show because its fun. Try not to dig to deep with certain things. Especialy the time travel gives me a headache.

Anyone hoping Grodd rips reverseflash a new one? Grodds not anybodys underling. No matter how nice wells was to him when he was a normal gorilla. Also i know thawne took care ofhim after the explosion. Grodds just not the grateful type. Want thawne to try to order him around and grodd knock him through a wall.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-30-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyone hoping Grodd rips reverseflash a new one? Grodds not anybodys underling. No matter how nice wells was to him when he was a normal gorilla. Also i know thawne took care ofhim after the explosion. Grodds just not the grateful type. Want thawne to try to order him around and grodd knock him through a wall.
    TV Grodd is not comic Grodd. By all indications, Thawne created Grodd here.

They'd probably just put his body back in his cell. They did the same with Blackout and likely Girder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    TV Grodd is not comic Grodd. By all indications, Thawne created Grodd here.
    From what we've seen so far, Grodd was a normal gorilla that was part of Eiling and Wells' experiments which is what gave him his telepathy. Then the Particle Accelerator made him a bigger, and stronger, ape and probably increased his telepathic powers. Thawne probably planned to create him because he knew that Gorilla Grodd was one of Flash's biggest enemies in the future.
    Last edited by Frontier; 04-30-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They'd probably just put his body back in his cell. They did the same with Blackout and likely Girder.

From what we've seen so far, Grodd was a normal gorilla that was part of Eiling and Wells' experiments which is what gave him his telepathy. Then the Particle Accelerator made him a bigger, and stronger, ape and probably gave increased his telepathic powers. Thawne probably planned to create him because he knew that Gorilla Grodd was one of Flash's biggest enemies in the future.
    Dont want to get into time travel aspect but regardless im guessing he knows grodds the flashes nemesis. So he took care of him so hed be on his side. Also dont see thawn making it out of this season while grodd is probaly gonna b in it for the long haul.

What did thawn take from wells? Just his appearance and he already knew all of wells science? Wells look and memories? Or did he take it all memories,prrsonality,looks everything that made wells harrison wells? Just curious if the cisco father talk and the kind things he does from time to time are thawns better traits or actualy parts of wells personality?

Dont want to get into time travel aspect but regardless im guessing he knows grodds the flashes nemesis. So he took care of him so hed be on his side. Also dont see thawn making it out of this season while grodd is probaly gonna b in it for the long haul.

What did thawn take from wells? Just his appearance and he already knew all of wells science? Wells look and memories? Or did he take it all memories,prrsonality,looks everything that made wells harrison wells? Just curious if the cisco father talk and the kind things he does from time to time are thawns better traits or actualy parts of wells personality?
    Ah, this is a good opening to bring up my pet theory:

That device that Eobard used to absorb Harrison's appearance probably also transferred his DNA in some way. While I wouldn't go so far as "Soul Transfer", but I do think some of the real Harrison Wells is within Eobard (a consequence Eobard is probably not aware of).

That's not actual my pet theory, tho. This is: When Eobard kidnapped Eddie, it was for "insurance". I don't think that the Insurance is to prevent Eddie from being prematurely killed in the firefight between Flash and Reverse-Flash .... because I don't think that Eddie is Eobard's direct ancestor ... I think Eddie is likely the brother of the direct ancestor, which means his survival is not necessary to Eobard's birth.

Which means the insurance that Eobard is speaking of is that Eobard will use the device on Eddie to kill him, absorb his body and take his place if he can no longer safely be Harrison Wells in this timeline. And if Tom Cavanaugh is not coming back for season 2, that's how you keep Eobard Thawne in the show.

My theory, is all. Probably wrong. But fun to think about, no?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    That's not actual my pet theory, tho. This is: When Eobard kidnapped Eddie, it was for "insurance". I don't think that the Insurance is to prevent Eddie from being prematurely killed in the firefight between Flash and Reverse-Flash .... because I don't think that Eddie is Eobard's direct ancestor ... I think Eddie is likely the brother of the direct ancestor, which means his survival is not necessary to Eobard's birth.

Which means the insurance that Eobard is speaking of is that Eobard will use the device on Eddie to kill him, absorb his body and take his place if he can no longer safely be Harrison Wells in this timeline. And if Tom Cavanaugh is not coming back for season 2, that's how you keep Eobard Thawne in the show.

My theory, is all. Probably wrong. But fun to think about, no?
    That was my first thought as well.

BANNED

I was actually wondering whether they ever had real jobs to begin with. I mean, as near as we can tell that STAR labs facility isn't actually a functioning commercial facility (if it were, it would need more than just the three of them staffing it). The only projects we ever see them working on are helping Barry and holding meta-criminals. We never see any of them working on anything that would generate actual revenue, and it's a safe bet that they lost a lot of contracts/clients in the wake of the accelerator debacle, so where is Wells getting the money to pay them salaries? For that matter, where's he getting the money to keep the lights on?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I was actually wondering whether they ever had real jobs to begin with. I mean, as near as we can tell that STAR labs facility isn't actually a functioning commercial facility (if it were, it would need more than just the three of them staffing it). The only projects we ever see them working on are helping Barry and holding meta-criminals. We never see any of them working on anything that would generate actual revenue, and it's a safe bet that they lost a lot of contracts/clients in the wake of the accelerator debacle, so where is Wells getting the money to pay them salaries? For that matter, where's he getting the money to keep the lights on?
    I agree with the possibility of Eobard becoming Eddie.

As to where Wells is getting the money from, I'd say that he is just that damned rich. The few scenes with his house make it look more like a mansion. Plus, if the guy came from the future, he probably knows what companies to invest in to make money hand over fist (setting up the common DC joke of why do villains invent a multi-million dollar device to steal a half-million dollar jewel).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cant call it in because its illegal for private citizens to hold people against there will criminal or not. Citizen arrest is one thing but citizens locking people up and throwing away the key with no trial. Flash is running gitmo lol will probaly be a plothole the whole thing. Best case scenario the fact normal cells cant hold these peopl makes it ok somehow. Maybe d.a and cheif of police lie and take the blame. I just enjoy the show because its fun. Try not to dig to deep with certain things. Especialy the time travel gives me a headache.

The time travel gave me a headache only in it's inconsistency. When he traveled back a day, same question as back in Superman: the Movie: why didn't he meet himself? Why didn't he already exist a day earlier? It was like he traveled back along his own consciousness rather than physically traveling back. But we know that he will physically travel back to try to save his mother.

It's basically like Star Trek time travel where it creates a divergent reality one time and rewrites the same reality the next so that it never works consistently.

I did like when Thawne said that this battle had been going on for centuries and through different realities I think he said, realities presumably created by time travel. I am probably reading too much into it but I took it as a way of saying that any past version of the Flash from any era or medium could have happened in their ongoing time battle. Again, probably more than what they meant but I can assume the original 1950's stuff happened and everything since including the original television series.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 21 "Grodd Lives" Thought the action during the gold robbery scenes was pretty good. Caitlin and Cisco justifying ease dropping on Barry and Iris made me laugh. Tom Cavanagh was truly scary when he Reverse Flashed out on Eddie. I liked the reveal that General Eiling was the masked man in body armor. Loved the scene with Grodd speaking through Eiling. The sewer scenes were pretty intense and Grodd looked excellent. Grodd catching Barry mid super sonic punch was great and I really enjoyed the rest of their fight.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Ultimate Member

So they made a giant monkey terrifying.

Well played.

Grodd could have been so hokey or silly.
    But he looked great and was scary as hell.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Another glorious episode!

I can't believe how awesome they made Grodd look! Scary? Powerful? A credible threat? I can't ask for anything more!

This show never disappoints.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Another glorious episode!

I can't believe how awesome they made Grodd look! Scary? Powerful? A credible threat? I can't ask for anything more!

This show never disappoints.
    Best episode of the whole season, just amazing, looking forward to reverse Flash vs the heroes next week.