Page 233 of 827 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Tee hee!

I'm just waiting for time to collapse on itself because the Flash was made too early/particle accelerator event shouldn't have happened.
    I thought that they established that that didn't happen. Reverse Flash always checks with Gideon to see that the future still exists. Whatever changes have been made were not drastic enough to cause time to collapse on itself.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I do feel sorry for Eddie. This can't end well for him, and I wonder if his bitterness is what sets off the Allen-Thawne feud.

But even if he doesn't get 'the' girl, he must end up with someone, because he has a long line of descendants.
    Didn't Wells mention Grandma Agnes?

Sandy Hausler

I love how- and by love I mean gtfo with Iris just popping into the scene at Star. Is there a locked door or a card reader at the lab ever? Her playing catchup was kind of unintentionally funny this week. Even the WB melodramatic bullshit that is unfortunately a necessary ill of all of their DC properties took a backseat to Grodd. Man, he looked great, huge even. I can't wait to see him tinker with a machine and to plot and plan in S2. I've noticed that some of the Flash CG has taken some shortcuts from earlier into the season. A lot more quick cuts and closeups in lieu of some of the pulled back effects. It's near network so there's a finite budget for effects but I have no exception with the gorilla. It's going to be easier to do these effects in S2. I've noticed the show likes to recreate certain iconic scenes and covers with Flash and When he had Flash by the neck that **** was spot on. That second train was following waay to close btw.

Jesse Martin was so good, the rest of the cast is pretty bland but Martin and now Cavanaugh's Eobard is coming into it and a really good villain now that the secret is out. He's had to play a character pretending to be a character and he's getting going. I guess I can stop calling him 'ED' now, I do wonder if he'll be back in S2.

Firestorm and Al-Sahim is going to crush it next week.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

LOVED the episode. Grodd looked freaking awesome.

I really appreciate that Joe isn't the traditional tough as nails cop. He's brave, but was still terrified by Grodd. Great use of a terrific actor.

My only real complaint is that I don't understand how the train stopped Grodd when Flash couldn't.
    Physics. A train weighing around 400 tons going 50 miles an hour will stop a one ton gorilla in mid air.

Agree about Jesse Martin. He and Cavanaugh really anchor this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I thought that they established that that didn't happen. Reverse Flash always checks with Gideon to see that the future still exists. Whatever changes have been made were not drastic enough to cause time to collapse on itself.

Sandy Hausler
    I know he's done whatever he can to 'minimise' things, but having something happen 5 years before it's supposed to is going to have impact eventually. There were also a couple of glitches he ended up 'remedying' this season (and we don't know what other 'remedies' he has applied over the last 15 years).

Granted, time may have 'settled' in some way but there's a difference between the future existing and Gideon knowing exactly what has been altered - from what I understand, she doesn't have a line into the future but merely checks her databanks, so she wouldn't really know if anything has changed because, to her, the data was 'always there'.

Anyone else thought of this moment when Grodd caught the punch?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Didn't Wells mention Grandma Agnes?

Sandy Hausler
    I took that to mean that Eddie got the ring from his grandmother Agnes. For one thing, it's an older sounding name. And secondly, Agnes wouldn't be Eobard's' grandmother.

[QUOTE=edhopper;1167790]Physics. A train weighing around 400 tons going 50 miles an hour will stop a one ton gorilla in mid air.[QUOTE]

I don't disagree, but still don't see why Flash's super-punch wouldn't have done the same. Was it a zen thing (Grodd was prepared for the blow and able to absorb the energy?).

Agree about Jesse Martin. He and Cavanaugh really anchor this show.
    They are a joy to watch. And really, all the actors are great in their roles. I've got no complaints whatsoever on that front.

LOVED the episode. Grodd looked freaking awesome.

I really appreciate that Joe isn't the traditional tough as nails cop. He's brave, but was still terrified by Grodd. Great use of a terrific actor.

My only real complaint is that I don't understand how the train stopped Grodd when Flash couldn't. Still, it was nice to see Flash forced to come up with his own solution on the fly, instead of implementing one of Wells' plans.

I do feel sorry for Eddie. This can't end well for him, and I wonder if his bitterness is what sets off the Allen-Thawne feud.

But even if he doesn't get 'the' girl, he must end up with someone, because he has a long line of descendants.
    Rememeber they said Eiling was trying to create super soldiers with telepathy. They said Grodd is bigger, faster, and strong than a normal gorilla not to mention his mind control abilities. With his upgrades he was able to catch the Flash's punch. But he was so shocked and angry that Barry was able to overcome him telepathy that he didn't even notice the second train coming. And obviously he wasn't really hurt since we saw him at the end scaling the building with ease.

I felt really bad for Eddie too. He's a very nice guy but nothing is gonna end up going his way. His fate is for him to fail. Even if he becomes a villain.

I wanted to hear Grodd say he doesn't like Bananas.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

On another note, was this the episode where the ethical dilemmas of the meta-human prison were supposedly addressed? I know there was a deleted scene featuring them feeding the prisoners. Beyond that, all we got was Barry freeing Eiling because he wasn't a metahuman. Doesn't seem like they're losing any sleep over the possibility that they've crossed a big line.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Rememeber they said Eiling was trying to create super soldiers with telepathy. They said Grodd is bigger, faster, and strong than a normal gorilla not to mention his mind control abilities. With his upgrades he was able to catch the Flash's punch. But he was so shocked and angry that Barry was able to overcome him telepathy that he didn't even notice the second train coming. And obviously he wasn't really hurt since we saw him at the end scaling the building with ease.
    Good explanation.

I felt really bad for Eddie too. He's a very nice guy but nothing is gonna end up going his way. His fate is for him to fail. Even if he becomes a villain.
    If Eddie devoted his life to stopping Eobard, could he become the Reverse Reverse Flash?

Way back when this show first started and we got that Grodd easter egg in the pilot, I thought that was all that was, an easter egg. I never thought they would actually do him, not because of the perceived silly factor but because of the cost of doing a good CGI character on a CW budget. And while Grodd didn't look as good as I'd have preferred (there's a reason he's always shown in shadows or at night, he does look CG) he still looks far better than I had feared. Which is just a long way of saying I'm really glad to have been proven wrong, great episode and I hope to see more Grodd!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    But if that's the case, then it begs he question of how Team Flash are gonna keep the lights on now that Wells is gone.
    I'm also wondering why Wells continues to let them work there. He's their employer and it's his property. What's stopping him from firing Caitlyn & Cisco and barring all the members of Team Flash from his property? They've got nothing that solidly connects him to anything illegal so he would be within his rights to have them thrown out of STAR labs. I'm guessing allowing team Flash to work there is part of some master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they actually let Eiling loose, especially considering what he's done and that he knows Barry is The Flash, but I guess even Team Flash doesn't feel justified locking him up for that alone. At least he's more concerned with Wells and Grodd now than dealing with Barry, so I imagine we'll see him once again pop up as an antagonist during season 2...likely when Grodd pops up again.
    Actually, I was slightly bothered by them letting Eiling walk. The guy has murdered, kidnapped and probably committed dozens of other human rights violations. Now I know he'll never be convicted of that stuff given his position but I see that in a similar vein as to why they're holding metas. They're too dangerous to be kept in a conventional prison. Well Eiling has information and resources that make him too dangerous to be set free. Doesn't seem fair that he should get a pass because he doesn't shoot laser beams out his eyes.

I really appreciate that Joe isn't the traditional tough as nails cop. He's brave, but was still terrified by Grodd.
    Y'know it was a little unsettling seeing him that terrified. Then again it's probably an honest reaction from anyone being held by a huge, telepathic gorilla.

Do we know Eddie will have children for sure? Eobard may be a Thawne but that doesn't necessarily mean he's from Eddie's line.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Anyone else thought of this moment when Grodd caught the punch?
    What comic is that from?

I don't disagree, but still don't see why Flash's super-punch wouldn't have done the same. Was it a zen thing (Grodd was prepared for the blow and able to absorb the energy?).
    On a related note, does Flash have some sort of increased durability to go with his speed? Those super punches should shatter his arm. I also noticed that he walked off being thrown the brick wall. I know he has a rapid healing factor but he should've been turned to paste if he has normal human durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I wanted to hear Grodd say he doesn't like Bananas.
    I thought he did when Joe offered him a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Way back when this show first started and we got that Grodd easter egg in the pilot, I thought that was all that was, an easter egg. I never thought they would actually do him, not because of the perceived silly factor but because of the cost of doing a good CGI character on a CW budget. And while Grodd didn't look as good as I'd have preferred (there's a reason he's always shown in shadows or at night, he does look CG) he still looks far better than I had feared. Which is just a long way of saying I'm really glad to have been proven wrong, great episode and I hope to see more Grodd!
    I thought Grodd looked and moved great. The only problem is when he interacts with his environment (touching things). It kinda looks like he's super-imposed over existing film footage (which is probably the case).

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hopefully, considering this is probably CW's biggest hit, it will get a serious rise on the budget. Flash has been awesome week after week.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.