Page 24 of 827 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Right now it's better than Gotham. It's probably the best modern superhero pilot thus far. Arrow took a bit of time to hit it's stride, Smallville had glimpses of potential greatness that it never cashed in on. Flash dived in head first, likeable lead, set up it's premise, set up it's character's and arcs, threw out enough to satisfy fans yet held back just enough to keep you wanting more (something Gotham didn't do).
    I agree with this. Although I had complaints about the writing in spots and predictability of the episode (even guessing a few lines verbatim), I thought it was very well done especially for a CW show. It felt more rewarding than any of the 3 episodes of Gotham I've seen, and definitely more focused. I was surprised how much I liked Gustin as the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I also didn't like the fact that they had adult Linda Park in a cameo role since if we ever do see Wally its going to be a fake Nu Wally meaning that really Wally West is now even more gone since there is no way he'll be with Linda unless they do a Mrs Robinson type romance.
    I also had a big issue with this. It's one of those cases of the writers trying to give too many winks to viewers familiar with the characters.

Also, am I the only one who hated the Arrow cameo? Or how they're framing Barry to be the Superman to Ollie's Batman? Or the fact that Ollie came up with the name? Again, it was an instance of writers trying to be too cute with the cameos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    No it doesn't. He could be zoom/reverse flash or he could be barry from the future. The zoom/reverse flash possibility is so cliche an dobvious that it will be really lame if they go with it.
    Barry going back in time to create the accident that makes him the Flash is just as horrible as Thawne doing it, imo.

The Arrow didn't come up with his name. He made a statement that Barry liked well enough to take as name. As far as Barry being the superman I'm fine with it.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Welp, the Pilot sold itself on me. I've always liked the Flash, but Like most people my age, the Flash I'm most familiar with is Wally West, and I'm used to him being a Legacy character. This show inspires an interest in Barry Allen that I've never really felt before, so I guess I'll be picking up a few trade paperbacks to familiarize myself with the character.

Yeah, it was basically a small screen redux of the first Spider-man movie, but I enjoyed it anyway. I like how cheerful and bright the colors are in this show. I'm sick of Superhero grim dark, so it'll be a pleasure to watch a show about a guy with powers who's having a great time instead of being a dour Dark Knight (Bale-man), a whining coward (Smallville), or an inconstant jerkass (Arrow.)

No it doesn't. He could be zoom/reverse flash or he could be barry from the future. The zoom/reverse flash possibility is so cliche an dobvious that it will be really lame if they go with it.
    Stop right there. This is a CW show marketed for an audience that has no familiarity with the comics. Stuff that you already know about from years of accumulated knowledge wouldn't mean anything to a person who doesn't follow the comics. Movie and television viewership doesn't lead to an increased interest in comics, so it's not like those viewers are likely to hit the LCS and get some background information. They probably won't even wiki it.

I loved it. No problems for me. Been reading The Flash for 50 years. Happy Medium. Glad he is on TV again. Loved Grant. A bit Wally...yes but, he is still young and new and so is his TV crowd of fans.

Preview: Captain Cold and Mirror Master (replicates?)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I loved it as well. It's got likeable characters, it's fast-paced, the Zoom mystery is intriguing and Barry's dad provides the emotional hook. I now expect great things from this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Stop right there. This is a CW show marketed for an audience that has no familiarity with the comics. Stuff that you already know about from years of accumulated knowledge wouldn't mean anything to a person who doesn't follow the comics. Movie and television viewership doesn't lead to an increased interest in comics, so it's not like those viewers are likely to hit the LCS and get some background information. They probably won't even wiki it.
    I never said anything about the comics. I just meant it was clichéd writing period.

I never said anything about the comics. I just meant it was clichéd writing period.
    How's it cliched though? "Hello, Barry. I'm your Great to the power of x grand nephew from four hundred years in the future, and I have come to DESTROY YOU!!!"

It's actually kind of insane. Isn't the Flash actually the originator for these kinds of crazed stories?

It was way better than Gotham IMHO.And I like Gotham.

Astonishing Member

Monster
    Monster
    MONSTER RATINGS

Wow. unbelievable.
    Flash premiered to monster ratings 1.8 in demo and 4.5 mil in total viewers.

The CW’s new superhero series on Tuesday night debuted to 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, marking the network’s most watched and highest rated series launch since The Vampire Diaries circa 2009 (4.9 mil/2.1).
    The Flash‘s quick start — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “A-“ — was up sharply from The Originals‘ year-ago premiere in the Tuesday lead-off spot (2 mil/0.9), and it even bested sire Arrow‘s own launch numbers (4.1 mil/1.3).
    All told, The Flash stands as The CW’s third-best series premiere ever.
    elsewhere... ABC's AOS slides to 4.4mil total viewers and only 1.6 in demo :/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Monster
    Monster
    MONSTER RATINGS

Wow. unbelievable.
    Flash premiered to monster ratings 1.8 in demo and 4.5 mil in total viewers.

elsewhere... ABC's AOS slides to 4.4mil total viewers and only 1.6 in demo :/
    I can't say that I'm surprised either way. Those are great ratings for a CW show, but those aren't "Monster" numbers. In comparison Gotham and Scorpion scored 2.5 in demo and those aren't huge numbers either. Don't get me wrong those are good numbers but they aren't HUGE like BBT's 4.4 in demo. AOS is pretty bland... there was so much potential but the execution was lacking.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 10-08-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I can't say that I'm surprised either way. Those are great ratings for a CW show, but those aren't "Monster" numbers. In comparison Gotham and Scorpion scored 2.5 in demo and those aren't huge numbers either. Don't get me wrong those are good numbers but they aren't HUGE like BBT's 4.4 in demo. AOS is pretty bland... there was so much potential but the execution was lacking.
    You might not know much about CW, but this is a monster ratings by CW's standards. Flash could go on for 10 seasons with ratings like that.
    Having a 1.8 demo in CBS is considered a flop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Personally, I thought it was terrible. Sorry.
    But why? I don't understand. I hated the "Run, Barry, Run" and I hated weather wizard cos i expected this

But its forgivable considering its not Mark Mardon but his brother Clyde mardon. I'm waiting to see the real weather wizard with a green trenchcoat.

This would've been great
    Last edited by nightrider; 10-08-2014 at 09:12 AM.

That premiere was pretty crappy, but I find that pilots usually are.

The little part about his origin was so cliche and terribly acted. I usually don't have a problem with child actors, but that one was pretty bad, as was the mom. I'm so sick of the bullied child story, even if it's very common. I felt they spent too much time on him yelling at his mom in the middle of the blur and his father telling him to run. Would have been better to just pick your son up and take him out of the house. But strange situations inspire strange behavior.

The acting in the present was pretty decent overall, much better than Arrow's for sure. The only thing that bring the performances down is the shoddy dialogue, but it is very CW-ish (DUH).

Someone else said this, and I agree, that the show bounced around too much. It seems like one of those cutesy things. The show is fast like the protagonist because he's The Flash. Get it? -_-

The effects for the fog in the bank were meh, but that tornado effect was amazing. I also like the fact that Law & Order (That's what I'm calling Detective West) knows Barry's secret. Looking forward to seeing Iris and Detective Pretty Boy break up.

Grant is cute and instantly more likeable than Amell's character, so yay for that. Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York