Page 498 of 827 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 12392
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Flash Showrunners,

This is not you. You're better than this.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I've always been a fan of the whole "evil doppelganger" thing, so this works for me.
    From a different universe? Sign me up. But the hero who becomes an evil nutcase? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I don't know, I do hope it works out being something more interesting than this seems.

What are there, less than four, episodes left?
    About that yeah. Supergirl just had a commercial saying how many episodes were left. I don't remember if it was 3 or 4 but I would imagine Flash will finish up a week after supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    From a different universe? Sign me up. But the hero who becomes an evil nutcase? Pass.
    There's a good chance Savitar was created due to Flashpoint. That would explain the whole "you created me, Flash" thing.

Maybe a time wraith/Black Flash got ahold of this Barry, which is why Savitar is disfigured.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 05-02-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Maybe a time wraith/Black Flash got ahold of this Barry, which is why Savitar is disfigured.
    That... would actually be okay with me.

This also seems to tie back into this season's crossover, where Barry 2056 warned Rip that current Barry couldn't be trusted.

Savitar looks to be about the same age as current Barry, so this might have been around the time he turned.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 05-02-2017 at 06:43 PM.

There's a good chance Savitar was created due to Flashpoint. That would explain the whole "you created me, Flash" thing.
    Let alone the whole "From Where/From Exactly When" angle once you figure in the "Flashpoint" aspect.

Flash Showrunners,

This is not you. You're better than this.

I stopped watching after Savitar showed up - the third season arc villain being the third evil speedster told me that the imagination on this show was close to being bankrupt. The only thing I could think of at the time that could be more underwhelming would be if they found a way to combine it with their other favorite (as in done to and past death) and could somehow make it All Barry's Fault. The episode writers are good, but the overall plot people all need to be fired - and not given jobs on any other DC shows.

If this is Flashpoint Barry, like I think he is, then it actually makes sense in a way. He got 'replaced' and sent into the speedforce when our Barry went back in time to save Nora. This is the Barry who actually remembers his flashpoint life, growing up with both parents, never met Eobard or became the Flash. Then some asshole version of himself, replaces him, lives his life for a few months and hires his archnemesis to murder HIS mother and frame HIS father for it, effectively ruining his life. And then somehow he becomes Savitar. He's willing to kill Iris, because in Flashpoint Savitar-Barry barely knows the girl, went to school when they were kids and forgot about her. But if that's the case he doesn't remember our Barry's life, grrr idk. Maybe he's from post crisis where he's slated to go missing, sometime after his emo phase?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    How is he a zombie?
    He look's a little like a infected corpse with that scar or whatever that is on the side of his face.

Retired

I really liked this episode up until the let-down ending. Killer Frost zipping around town on her ice bridges, pure comic book eye candy--gave me chills. These people really know how to make a super-hero TV show, it's just too bad they're stuck with this evil speedster syndrome.

I'm hoping the first three seasons can be put away as the Evil Speedster Trilogy and they can think outside the box next season.

For Barry to be Savitar and remember everything that happens, he can't be from a different timeline. Could be Flashpoint related, but I'd guess that Barry is split in two after Iris dies (maybe the evil is inside present Barry and is released when Iris dies), that would allow there to be two of him in the future.

Maybe all the Flash team needs is to watch STAR TREK TOS: "The Enemy Within." They gotta put Barry back in the transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    He look's a little like a infected corpse with that scar or whatever that is on the side of his face.
    I think that just means he lost his healing factor with the speed force

While I love this show and it has constantly been entertaining and embraced the comics, I do have to say that this is a major letdown. Aside from the ridiculous musical episode which I refused to watch ( I know some people thought it was fun and it is great that the actors on the show have musical talent, but I really disliked that they wasted an episode on that, especially having something important like an engagement happen on that episode) I think that this was the worst idea the show has had yet. Not sure that adapting a story line from the massively unpopular part of the New 52 Flash run was the best idea, that would be like Arrow saying they were going to get the story line for season 6 from the Ann Nocenti run during the new 52. While I get that the whole "I am my own greatest enemy" thing, it just always comes across as forced. A version of Barry who kills Iris makes zero sense and based on the fact that he knows everything that barry will say and do it sort of implies that it is the future version of this Barry not an alternate reality. And while the time travel elements are confusing the fact that barry only becomes evil because a future version of himself kills his girlfriend, kinda makes no sense.

The reveal of who savitar is really makes certain clues that were dropped during the season make zero sense, I mean why would Barry call Caitlin "my child" or refer to wally as "wallace" ( I know the show runners do stuff like that to keep people guessing but it still makes zero sense). Having Savitar be eddie or Ronnie would have been a lot more satisfying in my opinion. The only good thing is that hopefully now that they have finally done the stupid "evil" barry season, it hopefully won't be used in any future seasons, a lot of people seemed to think that reverse flash or zoom were going to end up being future/alternate version of Barry so I guess it was inevitable that this plot would be used but it is still a major letdown. I really believe in this show but if it were any other show I would say that this is the moment the show"jumped the shark", hopefully I am wrong because this show should have so many more good season and plots to go over but once you get to the evil/clone/alternate/future version of the main character as a serious plot thread it kinda makes it seem like the creative team behind the show is running on fumes. I hope the rest of the season turns out well and will certainly be tuning in for it but this was certainly a gut punch for me and I have very little optimism that the rest of this season will be satisfying.
    Last edited by regg215; 05-02-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Retired

Given all the scenes with Cecile, I half-hoped that my joke a few weeks ago would come true and she'd be Savitar. Certain lines seemed to have a double meaning. Like when Joe says there will be no more secrets between them--that could be read as foreshadowing/irony, if it turns out that Cecile has been keeping this big secret all along. Or the earlier scene where she's trying to increase her speed.

But at the same time, I felt the episode pushing us toward this unsatisfying revelation. Like being trapped on a run-away train at high speed and unable to leap to safety.

I enjoyed H.R.'s fumbling attempts at flirting with Tracy. But if he uses that device to disguise himself so he doesn't look like evil Wells, then Tracy must have seen a different face that whole time.