Page 5 of 827 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

I keep hearing this, but I don't see what was especially immature about him. Sure the actor to play Flash looks baby-faced/young, that can't be helped. But in his actual portrayal I didn't see what he did or said or how he acted to come across as immature besides looking like someone who should be in college studying. Okay, lying about his position wasn't great, but that's on the writers rather than the actor. He came across like a normal, typical 20-something guy. Sure, typical 20-somethings aren't know for being the most mature lot, but he didn't come across as especially immature for that age range either. Least in my opinion.
    Meh, it wasn't so much that he was 'baby' faced, but the nervous 'dweeby' and lacking in self confidence ( even feigned) that was turn off for me. He just came across as a little boy, rather than a young man. That being said the nervous behavior appears to be gone in the trailer. Yeah he's still a nerd (that won't go away). But at least I didn't cringe watching him on the trailer.

As for the trailer...it's okay, there seems to be a lot going on for one episode. I get the impression that Barry will be a weirdo ala Sherlock Holmes (played by Benedict Cumberbacht) who solves crimes in un-orthodox ways. It seems as if the show was designed for the audience who liked Smallville. Not my thing but I will watch the first episode and will tune in if it offers substantive stories like Arrow.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    That looks pretty damn awesome. Didn't realize they'd cast Weather Wizard, good choice for a first villain.
    They cast Weather Wizard?!?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyMac27 View Post
    They cast Weather Wizard?!?
    Well, the adapted version of him at least. Obviously we don't know if he'll ever actually go by that name or be referred to that way in the show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Mia

I get the impression that Barry will be a weirdo ala Sherlock Holmes (played by Benedict Cumberbacht) who solves crimes in un-orthodox ways. It seems as if the show was designed for the audience who liked Smallville. Not my thing but I will watch the first episode and will tune in if it offers substantive stories like Arrow.
    EDIT: I should say ala Fox Mulder on the X-Files. I initiatially didn't understand how he could suddenly turn into The Flash in one episode. When Oliver turns into Green Arrow after five years. But I guess it makes sense if he is being mentored by a scientist who has studied paranormals and is coaching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Meh, it wasn't so much that he was 'baby' faced, but the nervous 'dweeby' and lacking in self confidence ( even feigned) that was turn off for me. He just came across as a little boy, rather than a young man. That being said the nervous behavior appears to be gone in the trailer. Yeah he's still a nerd (that won't go away). But at least I didn't cringe watching him on the trailer.

As for the trailer...it's okay, there seems to be a lot going on for one episode. I get the impression that Barry will be a weirdo ala Sherlock Holmes (played by Benedict Cumberbacht) who solves crimes in un-orthodox ways. It seems as if the show was designed for the audience who liked Smallville. Not my thing but I will watch the first episode and will tune in if it offers substantive stories like Arrow.
    Somehow I doubt all of that is going to happen in one episode, unless they've confirmed this somewhere?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Somehow I doubt all of that is going to happen in one episode, unless they've confirmed this somewhere?
    I think they've only filmed the pilot so far so it must be.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderLad View Post
    I think they've only filmed the pilot so far so it must be.
    I see. Thanks.

Everything in the trailer looks like it came from the same episode.

The pilot is probably going to play a lot like the first Amazing Spider-Man film.

Ultimate Member

I wonder how long it's going to take for Cisco and Caitlin to get their powers and become Vibe/Killer Frost?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wonder how long it's going to take for Cisco and Caitlin to get their powers and become Vibe/Killer Frost?
    I think they're about as likely to become Killer Frost and Vibe as Lyla and Anatoly are to become Harbinger and KGBeast on Arrow.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I think they're about as likely to become Killer Frost and Vibe as Lyla and Anatoly are to become Harbinger and KGBeast on Arrow.
    I get your point, but I think these two are far more likely to become some superpowered version of their comicbook selves. The latter two were introduced as bit characters on Arrow. Their names are a lot easier to see as mere homages. These two however were pretty carefully selected as series regulars starting at Day One, both working at ground zero for the seeming source of all metahumans in the Arrow/Flash universe so far. (Other than Mirakuru of course). Of all the Flash characters to choose from, they picked these two, who really are only linked notably to the Flash by nature of their powers. They feel a bit too random of choices if their powered selves aren't part of the overall plan here.

Ultimate Member

Plus in Caitlin's case, there's the obvious emotional drama of Barry's close friend going crazy and becoming a psychotic supervillain (like the Oliver/Slade conflict). I can see the showrunners running with that idea.

BANNED

Seemed Kind of at odds with the arrowverse since arrow is kind of gritty and "realistic" . Flash is all superpowers and supervillains.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Seemed Kind of at odds with the arrowverse since arrow is kind of gritty and "realistic" . Flash is all superpowers and supervillains.
    You say that like it's something wrong

Me? I'm more excited than ever to watch a show that fully embraces the source material.
    Last edited by Miraclo__Pill; 05-15-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Ultimate Member

Plus, Arrow did just get done doing super-powered bad guys as well. The difference is that Starling City didn't have this big bang incident (my Static reference for the day) to give lots of people superpowers.