Page 506 of 827 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 12392
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

You guys are probably right, I'm being too hard on Barry. To be honest, I've been sick the past week, and perhaps not in the most charitable disposition. I really do enjoy the show.

My hope is actually that Savitar turns out to be Eddie Thawne, enacting his revenge for getting stuck in time limbo.

There's usually a second big twist, so I seriously doubt Savitar as Barry is the end of the story. But if it is Barry, I wouldn't like that one bit.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The promos for the episode stated specifically that Savitar's identity would be revealed. I can't believe they would advertise this as a reveal so resolutely and then pull a bait and switch.
    You mean like the Jay Garrick bait-and-switch? Sure, they'd never do anything like that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    You mean like the Jay Garrick bait-and-switch? Sure, they'd never do anything like that!
    There was no Jay Garrick bait-and-switch in the ads as far as I can recall. That is, they never stated flat out in the promos that so-and-so was Jay in when in fact that wasn't the case and turned around who the villain was.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    You guys are probably right, I'm being too hard on Barry. To be honest, I've been sick the past week, and perhaps not in the most charitable disposition. I really do enjoy the show.

My hope is actually that Savitar turns out to be Eddie Thawne, enacting his revenge for getting stuck in time limbo.

There's usually a second big twist, so I seriously doubt Savitar as Barry is the end of the story. But if it is Barry, I wouldn't like that one bit.
    Fair enough. I hope you feel better and keep enjoying the show .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    This came to me, if Barry can take off Caitlin's clothes and she didn't even notice (she was under the influence), why can't he go fast enough to punch her in the nose while she is yapping.
    Honestly in all truth any punch from a speedster to a relatively normal being could/should kill them. It's not really been touched on in the show but it should be a thing in truth.

Granted we know Killer Frost has healing powers apparently so maybe she could survive a grievous injury.

wrong thread open, apologies to mods
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 05-05-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Evil dopple? These are..I cannot stand these types of stories. Mentioned it in the Logan thread. What a lame route to take that wasn't worth all of the 'guess who' build up, build up which was already clumsy to begin with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So Prey has nothing to do with the 2006 Xbox 360 game? I actually bought that when it was on sale for $10 at Walmart and quite enjoyed it.

EDIT: Didn't read my own wiki link. So the big deal was the lead character was Native American, and they changed that for the reboot? Huh.
    The new game doesn't seem to have anything at all in common with the new one, other than the name. Doesn't seem like a reboot at all.
    Anyway, I remember Prey 2006 as a rather unpleasant affair that mutates your love interest into some multiple stage boss monster and forces you to kill her with her screaming for help the entire fight.

So my area is having our own comic con May 13-14th that has gotten pretty big over the years. Among some of the celebs coming this year are John Wesley Shipp who played Barry's Dad and Jay Garrick and Violett Beane who plays Jesse Quick. It's 40 bucks each for a pic and autograph from them. I am thinking about doing one. Who would you guys pick? I am think I am leaning towards Violett cause you know me being a dude and all ha. But all jokes aside who would y'all pick if you could only pick one to get an autograph and pic with? Also it's weird Grant hasn't came to our comic con since he is from this area of Virginia and his folks still live here.

So, just thinking on it...the future's already been changed.

The future Barry our Barry met up with said he never found out who Savitar was, while present Barry was able to figure it out. The rest of the team also didn't know but, from the preview, are also going to be let in on the knowledge that an evil future version of Barry is Savitar.

And they're also enlisting Tracy to build the speed trap for Savitar far earlier then they did in the other timeline.

The problem seems to be that Savitar is able to anticipate or know any decision Barry makes, as if his mind adjusts to whatever changes Barry tries making so he can send Killer Frost to prevent it.

It reminds me of that line from Sonic the Hedgehog to Metal Sonic: "You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you, since I know everything you're going to do! Strange, isn't it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    So my area is having our own comic con May 13-14th that has gotten pretty big over the years. Among some of the celebs coming this year are John Wesley Shipp who played Barry's Dad and Jay Garrick and Violett Beane who plays Jesse Quick. It's 40 bucks each for a pic and autograph from them. I am thinking about doing one. Who would you guys pick? I am think I am leaning towards Violett cause you know me being a dude and all ha. But all jokes aside who would y'all pick if you could only pick one to get an autograph and pic with? Also it's weird Grant hasn't came to our comic con since he is from this area of Virginia and his folks still live here.
    I like Violett, but John/Jay all the way .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Barry being Savitar is hilarious. Barry screwed up so much to the point he literally became his own worst enemy.

Astonishing Member

Just let this be finished off and not hang on for next season. Also, change out the writers for ones with some brains about plotting and using powers. The show is getting ridiculous. Agents of Shield turned around and Arrow has been doing OK. Save the Flash, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The new game doesn't seem to have anything at all in common with the new one, other than the name. Doesn't seem like a reboot at all.
    Anyway, I remember Prey 2006 as a rather unpleasant affair that mutates your love interest into some multiple stage boss monster and forces you to kill her with her screaming for help the entire fight.
    Well, re-imagining. I remember liking the game but thinking the graphics were crude even for the time period.

Anywho I'll move this to the appropriate thread. My fault for having multiple threads open.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Evil dopple? These are..I cannot stand these types of stories. Mentioned it in the Logan thread. What a lame route to take that wasn't worth all of the 'guess who' build up, build up which was already clumsy to begin with.
    I think the clumsiness comes when people were saying stuff along the lines of "You haven't met him yet". The how of it...kinda clever but I still wish it was someone else. If the theme is "Barry is his own worst enemy" we needed a whole season to understand that? Wrapping up Flashpoint would have been enough but...here we are.

Astonishing Member

I do continue to wonder if Flashpoint similarly led to Savitar's creation. As until this season Iris' name was still in the newspaper article of the future.

If Savitar was always part of the timeline her name would never have been on it.