Page 51 of 827 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    Retired

Yeah, Caitlin--who I call Jennifer Garner girl--is kind of annoying. But lab boy is even worse. He's the poor man's Julio Mendez.

According to IMDB, Amanda Pays is supposed to show up later as Dr. Tina McGee. Can this be true? Are the walls between realities beginning to fade?

Fantastic Member

the lab girl, i Feel is the scapegoat introduction person to Firestorm. Her fiancee was amed Ronnie, and he was "kiled" in a particle accelerator

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

LOL.

I can't take Arrow seriously at all anymore. It's like, **** dude, if you're having such a tough time then why don't you just call Barry? He can be here in five minutes, catch the guy in ten, and we could all be eating dinner in fifteen.

"Diggle! Slade's broken free. We need to mobilize the team and--"

"It's cool, Oliver. I called Barry."

"Wha--"

"Oh, he caught him. Ha, he posted a selfie of himself and Slade at Strikers."

"Strikers is in Metropoli--"

"Fastest man alive, Ollie."

"But--"

"Goodnight."
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 10-16-2014 at 06:53 PM.

I have to say it The Flash has been outstanding so far, and it shows you can have a fun family superhero show. Hats off to all the folks making this happen it's a must watch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post

The science girl in Star labs is utterly utterly annoying and horrible: I can't remember her name because I just automatically call her Fitzsimmons (based off the two awful Agents of Shield characters).
    I'll pretend i never read that...

Knowing such a viewpoint exists out there is too much of a disappointment for me to accept.

[At least Felicity wasn't included, there's some solace and hope to be found in that]
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-16-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    To borrow from an old Yiddish proverb: DC makes plans and God laughs.

I think they should stay loyal to what works now, rather than what they hope might work at some point down the line.
    It's working. It's perfectly okay if they tweek the show to appeal to fans outside of a comics audience. The Flash thus far, has been the surprise of the season for me. No lie, I thought this show was going to suck.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I haven't looked through 29 pages of posts to see the general consensus on this. Regardless, I've really enjoyed this show so far. The supporting cast of Arrow never caught on with me, but so far I'm liking all of the characters in Flash. I keep wondering things like when Firestorm will show up or when Caitlin will become Killer Frost. etc... That's probably a season or two away, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    LOL.

I can't take Arrow seriously at all anymore. It's like, **** dude, if you're having such a tough time then why don't you just call Barry? He can be here in five minutes, catch the guy in ten, and we could all be eating dinner in fifteen.

"Wha--"

"But--"

"Goodnight."
    Then how do u read comics at all?

Batman: Alfred call the Robins, The League of Assassins is attacking Gotham.
    Alfred: I already called Clark.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The show is following comics tradition in that so far, the criminals all seem to be bank/jewel robbers, as the Rogues all originally were.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Then how do u read comics at all?

Batman: Alfred call the Robins, The League of Assassins is attacking Gotham.
    Alfred: I already called Clark.
    Why doesn't he just call Clark? You got Superman on your Rolodex, you call that S.O.B.

Incredible Member

When Barry came to meet with Ollie, Ollie more or less told him- "Way to go, man. Go and be the protector of your city, and I'll handle mine." I'd like to think there's a personal pride at work in each hero that limits the times they feel the need to call in extra help. JaggedFel is right- if all you ever had to do was call Superman then there wouldn't need to be any other superheroes but him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yeah, Caitlin--who I call Jennifer Garner girl--is kind of annoying. But lab boy is even worse. He's the poor man's Julio Mendez.

According to IMDB, Amanda Pays is supposed to show up later as Dr. Tina McGee. Can this be true? Are the walls between realities beginning to fade?
    Last I checked yeah she's supposed to show up in the same role that she had in the last Flash tv show.

Incredible Member

Thinking that Barry could just show up anytime Oliver has a problem in his city presumes that there's nothing already keeping Barry busy in his. Barry could easily handle most of Oliver's foes, true, but its not like he's got nothing better to do than hang around Starling City taking care of them for Ollie. He's got superpowered foes only he can handle keeping him occupied, and no superhero can be on call 24/7 without burning out, so yeah, I still find it completely realistic that Oliver's still faced with credible threats of his own. Barry's still just one man.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    LOL.

"Wha--"

"But--"

"Goodnight."
    "It's not your city, not your jurisdiction, don't involve yourself or there will be repercussions."
    They talk like this in comic.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    When Barry came to meet with Ollie, Ollie more or less told him- "Way to go, man. Go and be the protector of your city, and I'll handle mine." I'd like to think there's a personal pride at work in each hero that limits the times they feel the need to call in extra help. JaggedFel is right- if all you ever had to do was call Superman then there wouldn't need to be any other superheroes but him.
    Very much, yes.

I can understand the way of thinking, but at times, these heroes call each other for advice, or they team up to help each other. Sure, there's a comic book monthly, is there not, where it's Superman and Batman, together, helping each other, or getting mixed up in each others' problems. And when you factors in hostages, Kryptonite, maybe a smarter foe like Al Ghul, then that makes things that bit harder for Clark to really make a difference, or help out. And Superman's a bit too much of a shining beacon, so to investigate in a place like Gotham, I would say, for the most part. Clark might be needed more than the Man of Steel.

And, yeah, Oliver might want to deal with Starling City, while Barry might want to focus on Central City, and all the superpowered people he'd need to help, fight, capture, all that. Might need to hone his skills a bit more as well, as you saw in Fastest Man Alive, with the overshooting, the metabolism thing, the fainting, the trouble with Multiplex, all that.

Needs to get used to the superhero thing, his powers, and all that.