Page 53 of 827 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wasn't really trying to answer the question--just kidding around. But when I try to think about it, I can't come up with a good answer. There's something off about her, but I can't put my finger on it. I don't feel like she's really in the scene with the other actors.

To me they are like siblings. I don't remember anything about them being friends before Barry's mother was murdered. But they are supposed to be little kids living in the same house with one man acting as their father. To me that's a brother and sister relationship. It's not like they are flat mates. The fact that they were both around 12 (I'm guessing) when they ended up as a family is the important detail. And they grew up together, went through puberty together, in a brother and sister situation.

If Greg Brady had shown a sexual interest in Marcia Brady, I would have felt the same way. Even though they were both in high school by the time they came to live in the same house together and they were not related by blood. I'm sure Greg had a lot of sleepless nights thinking about his step-sister. She was hot. But I'm sure Greg and Marcia never did anything about it--although they probably wound up in years of therapy. Barry Williams and Maureen McCormick is a different story.
    kneeling over mary's body Joe was asked about the victims and he replied his daughter was friends with their son.
    Or something like that. Do you honestly think joe would have taken in just some random kid from a victim?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Do you honestly think joe would have taken in just some random kid from a victim?
    It's Jesse L. Martin--he radiates nobility. That's his super-power.

Is it just me, or should Barry have a relatively easy time defeating people like Mist and Heatwave? Just run fast enough to smother flames - though I'd worry about that lending too much oxygen to the flame and thus increasing it?

Also, am I correct in saying Jesse L. Martin played Ironside, in the 2013 reboot, from NBC?

Same with Mist. Would the real danger be sending the poisonous gas somewhere else and hurting people, perhaps poisoning them? Would Barry not be able to simply, once again, run fast enough to dissipate them, and then trap them in a container, a vacuum cleaner, or bottle? Ala, Spider-Man and the Sandman.

Incredible Member

I wasn't really trying to answer the question--just kidding around. But when I try to think about it, I can't come up with a good answer. There's something off about her, but I can't put my finger on it. I don't feel like she's really in the scene with the other actors.

To me they are like siblings. I don't remember anything about them being friends before Barry's mother was murdered. But they are supposed to be little kids living in the same house with one man acting as their father. To me that's a brother and sister relationship. It's not like they are flat mates. The fact that they were both around 12 (I'm guessing) when they ended up as a family is the important detail. And they grew up together, went through puberty together, in a brother and sister situation.

If Greg Brady had shown a sexual interest in Marcia Brady, I would have felt the same way. Even though they were both in high school by the time they came to live in the same house together and they were not related by blood. I'm sure Greg had a lot of sleepless nights thinking about his step-sister. She was hot. But I'm sure Greg and Marcia never did anything about it--although they probably wound up in years of therapy. Barry Williams and Maureen McCormick is a different story.
    No, its only a brother/sister relationship if they view themselves as brother and sister, which nothing in the show so far has indicated they do, other than having an obviously close relationship. Detective West may have been a father figure to Barry since taking him in, but that's NOT the same thing as being a father. The moment in the last episode where Barry says West has been like a father to him wouldn't have been nearly as impactful if all three characters (West, Barry and Iris) had assumed that to be true for the past decade. That moment was treated like an epiphany, the first time the two characters had acknowledged their relationship in this light, so its simply not true to say Barry grew up in the West household treating Detective West like his father and Iris like his sister.

Barry wasn't raised with Iris from kindergarten or whatever. His mom was killed when he was eleven. That's eleven years growing an identity as an Allen rather than a West. Its been repeatedly confirmed in both Arrow and this show that Barry has always known who his father is, believed in his father's innocence, and wanted his father back in his life. He has never been looking for a replacement father, and acknowledging that West has filled that role to some degree in his life still isn't the same as acknowledging that he views himself as a West rather than an Allen. Yes, he and Iris spent the his pre-teen and teenage years living across the hall from each other but proximity doesn't make you siblings. A sibling bond makes you siblings.

The only thing that would make Barry's feelings for Iris creepy or gross is some indication that Barry views her as a sister, and there has been absolutely nothing to indicate that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Thinking that Barry could just show up anytime Oliver has a problem in his city presumes that there's nothing already keeping Barry busy in his. Barry could easily handle most of Oliver's foes, true, but its not like he's got nothing better to do than hang around Starling City taking care of them for Ollie. He's got superpowered foes only he can handle keeping him occupied, and no superhero can be on call 24/7 without burning out, so yeah, I still find it completely realistic that Oliver's still faced with credible threats of his own. Barry's still just one man.
    Yeah, Barry will have enough to do taking care of this show's version of meteor freaks and living his life.

Tho I do wanna see Team Flash and Team Arrow interact mainly because I think it would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yeah, Barry will have enough to do taking care of this show's version of meteor freaks and living his life.

Tho I do wanna see Team Flash and Team Arrow interact mainly because I think it would be funny.
    Should watch Season 3, Episode 8 of Arrow and Season 1, Episode 8 of The Flash, then...

http://screenrant.com/flash-set-phot...minic-purcell/

Set photos of Heatwave and Captain Cold. May you enjoy.

With a character like the Flash, they can easily rush into things, but I'm glad they're taking the time to show how he copes with his powers, actually being in a real fist fight (as opposed to the beatings he took as a kid), and deciding whether or not he should be saving lives, fighting villains, or what. Joe had some good points, but I loved Barry basically telling him what he needs to do. I'm looking forward to him actually going public and being known as the Flash. Maybe Iris will have something to do with the name (Cisco is surprisingly silent on it), as she is kind of like Lois Lane...at least the Erica Durance Smallville version...here.

I liked the scene where Barry revealed his feelings for her, but I couldn't help but think how funny it must have been from a normal person's perspective, him moving and talking super fast.

I don't like the Team Flash bit. All those people in his ear telling him what to do, like he's too stupid to figure things out for himself. And with Team Arrow, that group has been built up over two seasons, the characters and the actors have established a relationship with Arrow/Arnell--so the chemistry works. This ensemble is too forced.
    I'm wondering if they're going to go the opposite route as Arrow and actually start picking off members of his team. Not sure how long Wells will last, and if Caitlin is going to become the villain Killer Frost, maybe she'll be sent away at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Had a thought about villains. As more meta bad guys show up, especially the classics like Captain Cold and Mirror Master and Grodd, surely they won't all last one episode and then die, so what prison could hold them? I think Oliver Queen might have some good advice to offer in that department since he and ARGUS have a pretty secure one designed for just that type of criminal on the island of Lian Yu where Deathstroke is currently cooling his heels. Anyone think the two shows might occasionally tie in that way?
    I'm thinking/hoping that's what Iron Heights will eventually become. Joe even talked about how difficult it is for normal cops to fight metahumans, so what about containing them?

Retired

I was thinking today that the cast for this first season of THE FLASH could end up like the cast of THESE FRIENDS OF MINE--which was renamed ELLEN. The only other cast member besides Ellen DeGeneres to return for the second season was Arye Grosss--and he eventually left the cast, as well.

Jesse L. Martin is such an in demand actor--how long would he stay around if a better offer came his way? If detective Joe leaves, will his daughter stay in Central City? Tom Cavanaugh's evil version of Professor X could be a one season villain. And if he leaves, will his lab sidekicks stick around?

Some of the actors could be cut back to recurring status if not completely axed from the show.

I think only Grant Gustin is a sure thing as far as cast members go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    http://screenrant.com/flash-set-phot...minic-purcell/

Set photos of Heatwave and Captain Cold. May you enjoy.
    Just had a nerdgasm.
    Last edited by nightrider; 10-18-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Incredible Member

I was thinking today that the cast for this first season of THE FLASH could end up like the cast of THESE FRIENDS OF MINE--which was renamed ELLEN. The only other cast member besides Ellen DeGeneres to return for the second season was Arye Grosss--and he eventually left the cast, as well.

Jesse L. Martin is such an in demand actor--how long would he stay around if a better offer came his way? If detective Joe leaves, will his daughter stay in Central City? Tom Cavanaugh's evil version of Professor X could be a one season villain. And if he leaves, will his lab sidekicks stick around?

Some of the actors could be cut back to recurring status if not completely axed from the show.

I think only Grant Gustin is a sure thing as far as cast members go.
    In terms of characters, Cisco will likely become Vibe eventually, while Caitlin will most likely become Killer Frost. Iris is clrearly being set up as a long term love interest for Barry, and I'm guessing Jesse L. Martin is likely under contract, and wouldn't be able to just walk away. It wouldn't surprise me, though, if they killed him like Captain Stacey, since Arrow has so far refrained from offing Quentin Lance. Eddie Thawne will likely stick around for a little while anyways. Harrison Wells is more up in the air, though, depending on what his storyline is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I would have thought after all these years Iris would have suspected pretty easily that Barry has feelings for her. In the first episode there is a scene where Iris says it's okay for Barry to confine in her about his girl problems. At that moment it felt a little lame that they were going with the angle of Iris being the dumb girl that is completely oblivious to something quite obvious. The two of them having lived together for 10 or 15 years makes the issue worse.
    It's hard to say. Barry (until he got his powers and woke from his coma) was a shy awkward guy. I'm guessing that he doesn't make friends easily and Iris is one of his best and most likely only friend. If anything she probably mistakes his adoration of her for just the usual gratitude of her being his friend and being there for him. When everyone else just dismissed him as a dweeb and a weirdo.

Iris in the books has been historically portrayed as the kind of woman who can have any man she wants and is used to men drooling over her. And Candice Patton is pretty much following that pattern in her portrayal of Iris on the tv show. If anything she's mistaken any interest that Barry has in her for the usual male attention she receives.

I don't know if this is a good comparison or not. But in many ways watching Barry and Iris on The Flash. I am reminded of Cher and Josh Lucas from the film 'Clueless'--based on the Jane Austen novel Emma. The premise of the movie also involved a step brother and sister by way of marriage who end up together after a series of mis-understandings.

Astonishing Member

When I saw that scene, I wasn't sure if they were going for the 'she doesn't realize it' angle or if they were going for a 'she's trying to tactfully change the conversation because she does know what he's going to say and isn't ready to discuss it' . as for the brother/sister vibe, it could still go either way. Right now I'm not really feeling it, but it could change depending on how he characters develop.

Mighty Member

Ronnie makes his debut tonight too in a flashback.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 3 "Things You Can't Outrun" was decent. What kind of restaurant has bullet proof windows? I liked the reference to the Flash Museum. Nice showing of The Mist's powers and the actor that played him was pretty creepy. Firestorm origin story sort of. Jesse L. Martin is good as Detective West. Really enjoying Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Wells and I think his story is by far the most interesting thing going on. The only thing I'm not really enjoying is some of the drama feels really forced which honestly I except from CW. Looking forward to Captain Cold next week!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison