Page 557 of 827 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Apparently this premiere set a series low record for the show in terms of ratings
    Supergirl's weren't much better (or Gotham's).
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    He thought of Iris and how much he loved her and was instantly cured. Don't expect anything better from this show.
    I would've been more surprised if that wasn't how they got Barry out of his funk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Clearly Iris worked out what would get the Flash back into action, but she never had the chance to lay out her thinking for the audience. I'm guessing that this is playing on the link that the speedsters have to their significant others. Barry is always running home to Iris. She is his lodestar. He is so connected to her that when she is in danger he will find her and save her, no matter what. Iris gets it and knows that to save Barry she has to put herself in danger.

But the show never gives us that. I have to work that out for myself and I still don't know if I've guessed right.
    I think that was pretty clearly what they were going for here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Barry said a few lines that he had said in past seasons. I think barrys mind was twisted by the speed force and he was seeing time out of order. iris in trouble grounded his mind back to the present. Thats how i saw it
    Basically this. He seemed to be constantly shifting from different moments in his life, from denying his father killed his mother, saying he's not like Oliver, or stuff other people have said to him.

The stuff about not killing anyone and needing more diapers is the only stuff that's never come up before, probably because it hasn't happened yet.

I love this series so much. Joy flowed over me having the series back/the team back. Caitlin/Cisco summed it up, "We back, baby".

Loved all of the Caitlin scenes and the Caitlin/Cisco scenes, very nice to have her back contributing to the team and that Caitlin/Cisco bromance going strong.

Just give me more Jesse Quick, bring some version of Wells back and keep the team together and i'll be happy no matter where we end up.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

This show has gotten mind numbingly dumb. There's zero repercussions for anything. Barry goes in the speed force...because...who really cares, Barry comes back insane...5 minutes later better than ever....and no speed force going crazy...because, the writers don't care? The villain was dumb, Iris was written horribly. This show needs new writers quick, or it wont last another 2 seasons

Astonishing Member

Pretty dumb episode. No use to go over all that made no sense. My only comment is why are the Flashes so slow or incompetent with the use of their powers. It's also the case on Supergirl.

Fire the writers.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

No Wells appearance yet. Are we simply going to have Harry (Earth-2) back as a regular, or are we getting a new Wells variant(s)?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    No Wells appearance yet. Are we simply going to have Harry (Earth-2) back as a regular, or are we getting a new Wells variant(s)?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    We've gotten a new Wells for each season, so I would imagine they'd keep the streak up rather then just bringing back Harry.

Granted, I'm still not sure how they can do anything new with the Wells' at this point (short of gender-flipping), but I'm prepared to be surprised .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What's the point of Wally being in this show? It feels like this show is completely against giving him any kind of shine. This would have been the perfect opportunity to have him step up but they buried him instead. Would it have killed them to let Wally take the reigns for an episode or two without needing Barry to fix everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's the point of Wally being in this show? It feels like this show is completely against giving him any kind of shine. This would have been the perfect opportunity to have him step up but they buried him instead. Would it have killed them to let Wally take the reigns for an episode or two without needing Barry to fix everything?
    To be The Flash's sidekick (I mean, they still have him calling himself Kid Flash and still wearing the same suit).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be The Flash's sidekick (I mean, they still have him calling himself Kid Flash and still wearing the same suit).
    Roy and the rest of team arrow were treated better than Wally. They had that three part arc with Brick to show they were capable of defending Starling City from a major threat without Ollie's help. Wally is getting the Krillin treatment.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Would it have killed them to let Wally take the reigns for an episode or two without needing Barry to fix everything?
    Well, they're obviously not to leave out Grant Gustin for an episode or two for creative reasons. I guess Barry could have explored the Speed Force for half the episode, while Wally and gang fought crime in Central City, but he already had done that in the past.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

In the story, they can jump around in time. So they can do a show, even several shows, where one of the plots is about Barry in the past, while the plot in the present is about Wallly or Iris or Cisco.

When ARROW had its routine five year flashbacks, they could always do an episode where Oliver was absent in the present--yet Stephen Amell would still appear in the flashbacks. There were even some ARROW episodes where the flashback was the main part of the show.

So needing to have Grant Gustin in the first episode is no excuse. But the advance promos made it clear months ago that he was going to get out of the Speed Force in the first episode, so I didn't feel let down, because I knew what was going to happen. However, those admirable people who manage to avoid promos have good reason to feel chagrined.

Of course, they could have also done flash forwards to assure people that Barry would eventually get out--in case the audience was worried about that. What about the Gideon room at STAR Labs? It would have been cool, if they kept showing Iris go in there to check the newspaper to see what it was saying about the future. If it showed the Flash, then she would have some confidence that Barry was going to get out of the Speed Force eventually.

I felt that Barry going into the Speed Force was like the ending of spoilers:
    ALL STAR SUPERMAN
    end of spoilers. At least maybe they were trying to achieve that emotional pay-off. But it didn't work out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We've gotten a new Wells for each season, so I would imagine they'd keep the streak up rather then just bringing back Harry.

Granted, I'm still not sure how they can do anything new with the Wells' at this point (short of gender-flipping), but I'm prepared to be surprised .
    Tom Cavanaugh is still in the opening credits, so I'm pretty sure that he'll return as some iteration of Wells.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

He was pretty much useless in the 2nd half of last season also. I would almost rather they go with bad heart plotline the original Wally has in the comics so at least there would be a reason Wally on the show doesn't do much. Make it so he can only join in when thee is no other choice and maybe he ends up in the hospital when he pushes himself to hard.

well I decided to drop the Flash from my DVR and after being let down by season 3. this premiere of season 4 was the nail in the coffin for me.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    well I decided to drop the Flash from my DVR and after being let down by season 3. this premiere of season 4 was the nail in the coffin for me.
    Okay bye Then
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"