Page 561 of 827 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571611661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 12392

How could they give the Flash suit visors and not give him the white eyes? I know that was a Wally thing (not that it's stopped the show before), but it would've been a nice nod to the comics.

Man, that Flash suit was as absurdly teched out as the Spider-Man suit from Homecoming. Although I guess I could see some sense in the additions Cisco made to it (including his voice) given they seemed practical for the stuff Barry deals with on a daily basis.

I love how Caitlin is now essentially the relationship expert of Team Flash .

How did Barry miss the news that Oliver was outed as the Green Arrow? I guess he must not watch much TV other then what's on his DVR (and we now know Barry watches Game of Thrones).

I don't blame Iris for being mad at Barry. I mean, even we were pointing out how it felt like Barry went into the Speed Force less because he had too and more just to assuage his own constant guilt over causing Flashpoint, and it was all in the span of a few minutes where he basically decided to abandon his fiancee and team.

I guess that's the closest Gypsy's come to outright admitting she loves Cisco. And that dress at the end...Cisco is a very lucky man.

Poor Wally. That's a Guardian-level showing right there .

Kilg%re is a lot less threatening when he's not a giant-robot thing. The only reason Barry had any trouble with him here is because of all the tech in his suit. Wally could probably have taken him down if Barry's suit blast hadn't easily knocked him out.

I see where they were going with the Tower of Babel nod since "Babel Mode" was apparently a fail-safe in-case Barry went evil again. Though it makes me wonder if Oliver, our actual Batman-analogue, has any specialty arrows designed to take out other Superheroes?

I'm kind of surprised it took four seasons for us to meet Warden Wolfe given how many times we've been to Iron Heights. He doesn't seem as intimidating in the comics, but that last shot of him at the end seemed a little suspicious. Could he be one of the Metas Thinker created?

So The Thinker gave 12 people Metahuman powers...is he trying to build an army or form his own Rogues group? And it seems like he's counting on The Flash catching all of them .

Retired

I liked Wally this episode. He has a good haircut--his hair has gone a bit red--and he's not angst-ridden like he used to be. He's reasonably bothered by the fact that Barry is hogging all the action, as he should. And Cisco ought to have designed a new suit for Wally--that mask needs to go.

So it was troubling when yet again Kid Flash got taken out of action.

Given her track record, why would anyone listen to Caitlin's relationship advice?

The Thinker might be a worthy adversary, but I can already tell he's not going to be a lot of fun. It's like every season, the main villain becomes less fun than the season before. We went from Tom Cavanagh/Matt Letscher to Ryan Handley/Teddy Sears to Andre Tricoteux/sad Grant Gustin plus special effects--and now Neil Sandilands in low light being all sombre and humourless.

Ultimate Member

Cisco and Gypsy, finally. And her in that dress, WOW just WOW!! Don't screw it up Cisco.

The Caitlin stuff continues to be tedious.

The couples therapy was, a mixed bag.

Wally being used as nothing more than a glorified punching bag is disappointing.

The Thinker seems like a potentially cool villain.

All in all, ok episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The Thinker might be a worthy adversary, but I can already tell he's not going to be a lot of fun. It's like every season, the main villain becomes less fun than the season before. We went from Tom Cavanagh/Matt Letscher to Ryan Handley/Teddy Sears to Andre Tricoteux/sad Grant Gustin plus special effects--and now Neil Sandilands in low light being all sombre and humourless.
    A villain can be fun and still somber and humorless. Besides, with all of the fun and goofy stuff going on in the show right now it's good to have something to counter it and maintain the seriousness of the show.

How about a real issue--if there's no technology anywhere near Deacon how could Devoe view live surveillance footage of him?

Retired

The warden is up to no good. I think the only good warden I ever saw on TV was Warden Crichton.

When i read the Flash comic "The Kilg%re" i never would've pictured it being Harvey Weinstein.

Fun episode except the weak villain interpretation. The opening Barry cooking scene and homage to Risky Business and watching all his favorite shows in fast forward, "Aww Jon Snow died/oh! he's alive!"

Not sure how that "Barry, you're not the Flash. We are" Iris line sits with me yet but it looks like this Iris leader thing, is an actual thing unlike how i thought it was going to be.

Caitlin/Cisco bromance continues to be awesome. Very happy with the Caitlin inclusion so far in this early season.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-18-2017 at 02:39 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Retired

I didn't like the Iris Ex Machina ending. This looks like it might become a habit and I want to discourage it, if Iris is always the one in the final crunch who comes up with the solution and gives Barry the pep to save the day.

It's bad. It's bad because it threatens to destroy Iris by making her another Felicity. And it's bad because at least Felicity has some skills that justify her position on the team, where Iris has no reason to be a wunderkind.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Iris was one of the weakest parts of the premiere. What qualified her to be Oracle suddenly? While Iris was a weak part of the episode... the "Team Flash" concept is the weakest part of the show. It will always prevent me from enjoying it as much as I should.
    Iris is the least qualified person on Team Flash, being neither a scientist nor in law enforcement. Being a rookie reporter (and it seems she's not even that anymore) does not qualify her to run Team Flash (if that's what she's supposed to be doing). And it certainly does not justify her telling the Fastest Man Alive that he's not the Flash -- "We are the Flash."

I'm not saying I'm ready to drop the show over this, but I will say that it annoys me.

Sandy Hausler

The difference between iris and felicity is that iris is comic cannon while felicity is fanfic turned reality and going against the actual relationship of Oliver and black canary
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    The difference between iris and felicity is that iris is comic cannon while felicity is fanfic turned reality and going against the actual relationship of Oliver and black canary
    Honestly I have no problem with the characters going in opposite directions like Barry and Tina in 90's Flash or Oliver and Chloe on Smallville but my issue with Olicity was the show became about them and mostly Felicity to boot.

Retired

The best Flash stories had an A plot, a B plot and maybe a C plot. So the love interest didn't always have to be in the A plot. And sometimes, if Iris was in the B plot and Barry in the A plot, those two plots could intersect and Iris might have some valuable information from her plot that helped Barry in his plot. The problem for the TV show is they're already dedicatng B and C and D plots to Vibe, Frosty and Joe. Wally gets left out in the cold. And Iris has to be in the A plot to stay relevant. Heaven help us when Harrison and Elongated Man show up and demand screen time.

Ultimate Member

Is it just be or have they been giving Caitlin less "buttoned up" outfits to wear this season?

The warden is up to no good. I think the only good warden I ever saw on TV was Warden Crichton.
    I mean, if they're true to the comics then there's definitely something going on with Wolfe.

Although we might not get to see it in action until Barry ends up locked in Iron Heights.
    I didn't like the Iris Ex Machina ending. This looks like it might become a habit and I want to discourage it, if Iris is always the one in the final crunch who comes up with the solution and gives Barry the pep to save the day.
    Well, if it's not her it would probably have been Cisco or Caitlin. Got to justify that Team Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Iris is the least qualified person on Team Flash, being neither a scientist nor in law enforcement. Being a rookie reporter (and it seems she's not even that anymore) does not qualify her to run Team Flash (if that's what she's supposed to be doing). And it certainly does not justify her telling the Fastest Man Alive that he's not the Flash -- "We are the Flash."
    Well, Iris seems to have taken over the team by virtue of her go-getter attitude and being Barry's lover.

That might not be a good justification, but in the wake of Barry being gone I could see her rallying the team and then taking charge with that hole in their group.

As far as the whole "We are The Flash" thing...I think it made sense with Iris explained it, where if they're getting married it means The Flash is as important to Iris as it is to Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Is it just be or have they been giving Caitlin less "buttoned up" outfits to wear this season?
    Well, she's not wearing pencil skirts anymore .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's not wearing pencil skirts anymore .
    Nope. Her wonderful legs appear to be on display every scene she is in now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

The couples therapy scenes was hilarious