Page 57 of 827 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Also, does anyone else think that Eddie Thawne's voice sounds JUST LIKE Jack Bauer from 24?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Temporarily, perhaps, until they can provide the justice system with means of imprisonment with the means to handle metahuman villains.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    In which case...perhaps Harrison Wells has his...reasons...for wanting all those bad guys where he can see them?

I must say, the Mist is one scary character.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    He's the best of the three villains we've seen so far.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

Just saw the latest episode a couple of days late. Liked it a lot, there was some great emotion in there about remembering lost loved ones. Some might find it forced or overly melodramatic but I say just go with it. Couple of questions though--

There's suddenly an antidote for cyanide gas? And I'll bet no one ever hears of it again. It just existed for one brief moment in time.

Bigger question- if they're going to have meta-powered supervillains locked up inside sealed tubes in the new particle accelerator prison, how are they going to feed them? Surely most of them will need food and water like everybody else.

It will be nice having Firestorm around if that's where they're going. I was just wondering why Barry seemed to be the only one effected by the accident that didn't choose to use his new powers for evil.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I can't wait for Captain Cold and Heat Wave, but I also hope that Cold doesn't get the Villain Sue treatment like he does in comics.

I still think Mark Mardon is out there somewhere and will become the Weather Wizard.

Incredible Member

Also, couldn't Barry have rendered this villain practically powerless simply by wearing a gas mask?

Does anyone think that the Star Labs prison is destined for failure? Especially given how ethically questionable it seems?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Does anyone think that the Star Labs prison is destined for failure? Especially given how ethically questionable it seems?
    I know, ethically as well as legally. Apparently metahumans are not entitled to due process. I still wonder if Barry and company will find out from Oliver about ARGUS' underground supermax on Lian Yu. They circumvent the law all the time.

i can see them eventually converting Iron Heights into a super prison.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    In which case...perhaps Harrison Wells has his...reasons...for wanting all those bad guys where he can see them?

That idea wasn't his
    Last edited by AJBopp; 10-23-2014 at 08:40 PM.

BANNED

I figured I'd give the a show three chances to show it had something to offer and it's failed miserably. I'm glad they're are still some people who like superheroes done in bubblegum style but I'm not one for horrible writing and plotting for the most part .

"have you heard I'd the Donelli crime family??"the cop asks the detective. Uh, right.

Let me just whip up this antidote to poison gas in a couple of minutes...

Did you know that gas can float around at 200-300 miles per hour on a calm night?

This kind of immature approach to dialog and plotting is why I won't be watching the fourth episode. Take me to Gotham where creators know how to write engaging, gripping shows. Gorham is showing once again that even without batman that is still the place with the most engaging stories and characters.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 10-24-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I LOVE the Villian of the week set-up.
    It recalls the comics of my youth.
    Looking forward to CAPTAIN COLD and HEAT WAVE.

man with a plan

Forgive me if this is already answered... made it through 13 pages before I figured I'd just ask. How come villains are able to hit the Flash? If they were super fast, it would be one thing, but for example in the latest episode (Things You Can't Outrun), Barry shows up and inspects a body and he is so fast that it seems time is stopped for everyone else. Then he confronts the villain, and the dude hauls off and hits him. Why not just take a leisurely step to the side, clip his fingernails, do some shopping and come back to say, "Missed me?" Breaks the suspension of disbelief for me. Same happened the first time he got jumped by the replicating man.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I LOVE the Villian of the week set-up.
    It recalls the comics of my youth.
    Yeah...it's delightfully old-school, while somehow being contemporary and modern at the same time. That's a difficult balance to strike.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member

Was the husband of the female scientist (who I think will become Killer Frost) named Ronnie. While I was watching I didn't catch if his name was Ronnie or Ryan. If the former, I'm presuming he is going to be Firestorm.