Page 589 of 827 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    just punch him in the junk and break his wheelchair
    Honestly I was thinking of something along those lines. While Devoe is indeed a formidable foe he does have a glaring weakness. But of course being the guy he is Barry would never do that.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Retired

I'm wondering if the fastest daughter alive showed up for her parents' (or grandparents') wedding.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 11-27-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Retired

Jessica Parker Kennedy--who looks much younger than she is--played the girl. I have to think she's bound to appear in an upcomig episode of THE FLASH. It would make no sense to hire an actress of her experience for a bit part.

William Katt--the Greatest American Hero--played the minister who gave his life for a dramatic plot development.

IMDb doesn't list who played Captain Singh's companion, but he looked familiar. Has he been on THE FLASH before--can't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Jessica Parker Kennedy--who looks much younger than she is--played the girl. I have to think she's bound to appear in an upcomig episode of THE FLASH. It would make no sense to hire an actress of her experience for a bit part.
    I definitely think we'll see her again, if only to discover who she is and her exact relationship with Barry and Iris.

William Katt--the Greatest American Hero--played the minister who gave his life for a dramatic plot development.
    I thought the actor playing the minister was probably someone important..

IMDb doesn't list who played Captain Singh's companion, but he looked familiar. Has he been on THE FLASH before--can't recall.
    I assumed it was the same actor who played Captain Singh's husband in his one appearance in season 1, where he visited Singh in the hospital after Weather Wizard injured him.

Retired

I think there will be twins--"We're going to need more diapers"--but I don't think they will be silly enough to name them Don and Dawn (the names sound exactly the same). I believe it would be too difficult to explain grandchildren and that complicated back story.

Maybe they will fudge the relationships--as with Wally being a brother rather than a nephew--and the girl will be an amalgam of Dawn and Jenni. So she'll be Dawn Allen, but her super-hero identity will be XS. While the son will probably be named Bart Allen after his dad.

That's just my hunch. But, of course, this is all in a possible future timeline that may never happen.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the actor playing the minister was probably someone important..
    I thought it might have been Tony Dow, but the voice wasn't right. Never would have guessed it was Ralph Hinkley. Man, he got old.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Could be Iris West II, Wally's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Could be Iris West II, Wally's daughter.
    Except, for that kind of thing, they would normally have Wally still paired up with someone. Instead, he got dumped by Jessie, and is currently (as far as has been shown), single.

Retired

The simplest explanation is usually the best. So better that she's their daughter then bringing in some more convoluted reason for her being at the wedding. And the way she related to Barry was like a daughter. In fact, the actress did a good job of acting like a West-Allen.

While under normal circumstances I prefer Barry to have some compassion and not cause the deaths of his enemies, it didn't really fit this time, where all around him Nazis are being killed by his team-mates. And there has to be a special rule for Nazis--even Superman is permitted to kill them in the heat of battle. Wellsobard was a super-Nazi, so he doesn't deserve to be spared--he likely caused the death of billions on Earth-X and possibly hundreds in Earth-1 Central City. Letting him go is aiding and abetting.

But I guess we're not supposed to examine Barry's actions too closely--if we did, then we might be led to think that he's assisted in genocide.

I liked Supergirl echoing "General, would you care to step outside" from SUPERMAN II.

The simplest explanation is usually the best. So better that she's their daughter then bringing in some more convoluted reason for her being at the wedding. And the way she related to Barry was like a daughter. In fact, the actress did a good job of acting like a West-Allen.

While under normal circumstances I prefer Barry to have some compassion and not cause the deaths of his enemies, it didn't really fit this time, where all around him Nazis are being killed by his team-mates. And there has to be a special rule for Nazis--even Superman is permitted to kill them in the heat of battle. Wellsobard was a super-Nazi, so he doesn't deserve to be spared--he likely caused the death of billions on Earth-X and possibly hundreds in Earth-1 Central City. Letting him go is aiding and abetting.

But I guess we're not supposed to examine Barry's actions too closely--if we did, then we might be led to think that he's assisted in genocide.

I liked Supergirl echoing "General, would you care to step outside" from SUPERMAN II.
    Thawne, I think, merely used Earth X as his latest scheme. Note how he openly disparaged Hitler, and even threatened to kill their current Fuherer, and only stopped because Nazi Kara had a hold of his wrist. The whole Nazi agenda of "promoting the Aryan race" was probably just a tool for him to build up ways to deal with Barry.

Retired

It depends when Thawne got to Earth-X. Given he's a time-traveller he could have arrived at any time in the history of the Nazis. Could have helped them win the war and drop the bomb. In which case, he'd have the blood of billions on his hands (given the Nazis must have wiped out everyone they thought was defective on Earth--which conservatively would be half the Earth's population).

If he got there within the last ten years and didn't give the Nazis as much assistance in the conquest of the planet, then his crimes are lessened. So he's maybe responsible for the death of millions and not billions.

And it was Barry who let him go after they went back in time to ensure Nora's death in Flashpoint. So Barry allowed a serial killer to escape and continue killing many more people.

It depends when Thawne got to Earth-X. Given he's a time-traveller he could have arrived at any time in the history of the Nazis. Could have helped them win the war and drop the bomb. In which case, he'd have the blood of billions on his hands (given the Nazis must have wiped out everyone they thought was defective on Earth--which conservatively would be half the Earth's population).

If he got there within the last ten years and didn't give the Nazis as much assistance in the conquest of the planet, then his crimes are lessened. So he's maybe responsible for the death of millions and not billions.

And it was Barry who let him go after they went back in time to ensure Nora's death in Flashpoint. So Barry allowed a serial killer to escape and continue killing many more people.
    In short, Plot Induced Stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, for that kind of thing, they would normally have Wally still paired up with someone. Instead, he got dumped by Jessie, and is currently (as far as has been shown), single.
    If she's a time traveler, we don't know how far in the future she's from. Wally may meet the mother five years from now.

The simplest explanation is usually the best. So better that she's their daughter then bringing in some more convoluted reason for her being at the wedding. And the way she related to Barry was like a daughter. In fact, the actress did a good job of acting like a West-Allen
    Really? She seems to relate more like a star-struck fan than a daughter. *shrugs*