Page 6 of 827 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Plus, Arrow did just get done doing super-powered bad guys as well. The difference is that Starling City didn't have this big bang incident (my Static reference for the day) to give lots of people superpowers.
    I use White Event myself... Always liked the New Universe concept back in the eighties. But yeah, Central seems to be now the center of the universe. Is it me or Grant Gustin talks a little like Andrew Garfield? and his name sounds directly from the silver age?
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Is it me or Grant Gustin talks a little like Andrew Garfield? and his name sounds directly from the silver age?
    It's not just you. I imagine that isn't a coincidence. Barry Allen is being played like DC's Peter Parker here.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, he does sound like Garfield. I noticed that to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Meh, it wasn't so much that he was 'baby' faced, but the nervous 'dweeby' and lacking in self confidence ( even feigned) that was turn off for me. He just came across as a little boy, rather than a young man. That being said the nervous behavior appears to be gone in the trailer. Yeah he's still a nerd (that won't go away). But at least I didn't cringe watching him on the trailer.
    Well, he was lying so a bit of nervousness or lack of confidence could be explained that way. And I'm not sure if nervousness/lack of confidence is all that tied up into maturity, plenty of confident immature children and plenty of mature, responsible adults who lack confidence in the world.
    Anyways, I'm excited for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah, he does sound like Garfield. I noticed that to.
    Sounds like AND looks like!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Here's another mini interview with Candice Patton:

http://flashfans.org/post/8740550308...bout-the-flash

I am not looking forward to this show. But I like her a lot. She's witty and smart. She should get a guest part in Suits or White Colar

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think by the look of the trailer they can pull off most of the Rogues (Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Trickster, Heatwave, Pied Piper, Top, Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Dr. Alchemy, Abra Kadabra) on a CW budget. There are some that are probably just too costly like Grodd, Girder, and Tarpit. They are some lesser know one like Murmur, Plunder, Half Life, or even Double Down that could be used with a few tweaks.

Love triangle ahoy!

http://hwhills.com/new-flash-tv-show...rs-dished-out/

Can't say I'm shocked. CW (and all of television, really) loves their love triangles.

BANNED

Am I the only one who finds this paragraph loaded?

And I think much to the dismay of Barry because they are friends, and there may or may not be a girl who gets in the way. There’s a lot of tension.” What’s that – a girl? Could this be a love triangle forming? Well, Grant went on to confirm that “Barry’s in love with Iris, so that will be another fun dynamic.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post

Can't say I'm shocked. CW (and all of television, really) loves their love triangles.
    Well that aside, It had to happen given spoilers:
    Zoom's history as a stalker and then murder of Iris
    end of spoilers. I still doubt that Barry and Iris will ever be a couple on this show.

Press conference:

Last edited by Mia; 06-09-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks to Spiderbytez I just watched the pilot. What a great fun 46 minutes of television. I'll spoil it for any who want to know things. You can pm me if you wish. I can't share thelink because my tablet doesn't let me cut and paste. It is on my facebook page for now so if you want to leave me your name I can add you.

It has already been blocked by Warner Bros.

Sorry yall. I watched it before it got pulled.

BANNED

still excited

BANNED

Spoilers from the leaked pilot. Don't read if you want to be surprised.

spoilers:

-Basically a version of Reverse Flash killed Barry's mom when he was little. We clearly see yellow lightning and the image of someone in a yellow version of the Flash costume. Later upon gaining his powers Barry theorizes that the person who killed his mom may have been like him. But nothing comes of this.

-Barry was adopted by Iris West's father, who is an authority on the police force. Barry is pretty much a son to him. Iris views Barry as a brother, does not view him as a potential romantic interest. Mr West was also one of the detectives who arrived on Barry's mom's murder scene.

-Barry's accident is caused by physics experiment that is supposed to change the world by exponentially increasing human understanding of physics about a thousand times what had been previously discovered.

-The accident creates a storm which exposes the world to a myriad of unknown particles. Barry gets his usually struck by lightening schtick.

-The head scientist is rendered in a wheel chair and has been disgraced. Him and his two protégés our assisting Barry at Star Labs to learn about the limits to his powers. The geekier tech guy creates a suit. The female assistant appears to be a much more suitable protégé.

-Linda Park is already reporter

-There is a new hot shot cop on the police force called "Eddie Thawne". He appears to be playing the Hunter Zolomon role. Which makes the name swap weird because of the end of the episode. But Thawne seems nice enough and even treats Barry respectfully, he just happens to have a crush on Iris, and while Barry is in his coma the two start dating. Incidentally the coma lasts about 9 months.

-Weather Wizard was a cop who was believed to be killed in the storm that created Barry. He develops a God complex and begins committing a string of robberies.

-The head scientist believes Barry's fast recovery times could bring about revolutionary medical advances that can help millions of people. He chastises Barry for putting his life at risk in light of his potential. He claims "you are not a hero"

-This causes Barry to visit Arrow who gives him a nice pep talk and tells him to take his own advice and wear a mask.

-Barry with his new suit confronts Weather Wizard who creates an F5 tornado. Barry realizes his only shot is to unravel it by running around in the opposite direction. He pushes himself but gets knocked over by Weather Wizard. Then the head scientist gives him another pep talk saying he was wrong at that Barry is a hero, and screams run Barry. Barry successfully stops WW's tornado.

-Weather Wizard gets up and Iris West's father shoots him dead.

-Iris's dad learns about Barry's father and in a very ASM moment makes him swear that he won't reveal his secret to Iris because he wants to protect her. (It was already revealed that Iris wanted to be a cop but her father stopped her, so there was some rationale behind this). Barry agrees.

-The biggest developed occurs in an end credits scene. The head scientist at Star Labs (forgive me I forgot his name), reveals that he isn't really crippled, and rises out of his wheel chair. He goes to a hologram of a Newspaper headline. The paper is dated 2024 (so one decade), and says something to the effect of "Speedster Hero "THE FLASH" vanishes in CRISIS"
    end of spoilers

Edit to the original post:

spoilers:
    the headline read: Flash Missing, Vanishes in Crisis.

Under the headline there are two other neewsbites

1. Wayne Tech/Queen Inc Merger Complete.

2. Red Skies Vanish.

So all in all a pretty clear reference to COIE
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by lancerman; 06-24-2014 at 06:28 PM.

One thing you failed to mention was when spoilers:
    Barry and the Professor walk past the broken open cage with the name Grodd on it
    end of spoilers