Page 615 of 827 FirstFirst ... 115515565605611612613614615616617618619625665715 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 12392
    Astonishing Member

From what I remember reading Elongated Man at the least has said he could shapeshift in the comics but I don't think I've ever actually seen a story with him actually do it.

I remember the Justice League Unlimited cartoon similarly touched on that with Ralph complaining "Why's everyone talk about Plastic Man? I once hid myself as a vase for 3 days! Nobody found me!" or something to that amount. So at the very least it hasn't come COMPLETELY from nowhere.

Ironically Plasticman's one "weakness" in the comics is that he usually CAN'T change his colors as well (unlike his son Offspring) as opposed to what Ralph did here in the show.

I'm assuming the other bus meta's aren't actually dead. At least if they are it'd be really anti-climactic. I'm assuming like with Becky they're just extensions of DeVoe for now and that his way of "curing' the world amounts to making everyone LITERALLY him.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

I'm assuming the other bus meta's aren't actually dead. At least if they are it'd be really anti-climactic. I'm assuming like with Becky they're just extensions of DeVoe for now and that his way of "curing' the world amounts to making everyone LITERALLY him.
    I will buy that. Along with a deus ex-ish Maguffin that allows the team to delete certain secret identity information from their memories before they are set free or back in jail or wherever.

Retired

How many bus metas are there? How many have turned up? How many (if any) have yet to appear?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    From what I remember reading Elongated Man at the least has said he could shapeshift in the comics but I don't think I've ever actually seen a story with him actually do it.
    Ralph became a super-villain called the Molder in THE FLASH 252 (August '77) and 253 (September '77). He was unrecognizable to the Flash.

Post-Crisis, Ralph did more things like Plastic Man--taking the shape of objects. Given the nature of their powers, there's no reason Plas and Ralph shouldn't shape shift into other people--but it's a stretch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    How many bus metas are there? How many have turned up? How many (if any) have yet to appear?
    There are 12; eight have appeared so far so that leaves four more left. The next episode is titled subject 9 for a reason, she's the ninth bus meta to be found

The current list of Bus Metas in order of appearance:

1. Kilg%re
    2. Hazard
    3. Elongated Man
    4. Weeper
    5. Black Bison
    6. Brainstorm
    7. Fallout
    8. Dwarfstar

Fiddler will make #9, as Elmo and the next episode title alludes too.

I'm guessing, with the confirmed future villains, Pyro and Hyrax will be two more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The current list of Bus Metas in order of appearance:

1. Kilg%re
    2. Hazard
    3. Elongated Man
    4. Weeper
    5. Black Bison
    6. Brainstorm
    7. Fallout
    8. Dwarfstar

Fiddler will make #9, as Elmo and the next episode title alludes too.

I'm guessing, with the confirmed future villains, Pyro and Hyrax will be two more.
    I don't recall Hyrax being a metahuman though, unless they alter her origin somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I don't recall Hyrax being a metahuman though, unless they alter her origin somehow
    I wouldn't be surprised if they give her powers in this to make her a Bus Meta.

This episode...the ending bothered me. It felt rushed. Plus, I didn't like it on a logical level. If Ralph could barely impersonate Wolff for a day, how could he keep up this ruse of impersonating DeVoe on a longer basis? Surely, the police would want to question him, it'd be a longer process than just him showing up. Plus, wouldn't his wife say that's not her husband/he hasn't been home?!
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Plus, wouldn't his wife say that's not her husband/he hasn't been home?!
    Not if she's no longer inclined to defend him.

But honestly, it's just one of those questions the creative team doesn't want you to ask. Courtroom dramas in general tend to take a lot of things for granted - it's not just limited to Flash. Take any episode of Matlock, for example.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Not if she's no longer inclined to defend him.

But honestly, it's just one of those questions the creative team doesn't want you to ask. Courtroom dramas in general tend to take a lot of things for granted - it's not just limited to Flash. Take any episode of Matlock, for example.
    Real life practice of the law usually makes for poor drama, especially in one-hour weekly doses.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Retired

The thing is "Trial of the Flash" was loaded full of ridiculous things that shouldn't happen in a court of law. So you can't really question the logic of how Barry got out of prison without addressing how he got in prison. If you accept one, then you have to accept the other. It's a wash.

When I stumble on these things as I'm watching the show, I instantly come up with my own answers in-universe. It's only when I can't find any answer that fits within the show's reality that I'm apt to think they really fumbled the ball.

Sure, in the real world an appeals court isn't going to get Barry out of jail--that's just to start the process. But in this world, the judge can do all kinds of things that he can't in the real world (the trial itself should have triggered a mistrial or gave grounds for appeal, given the behaviour of the judge). In the real world, the police would investigate the DeVoe is alive claims further, but this is in the same world where the corpse of DeVoe somehow could get Barry convicted, even though the forensics should not have stood up in court.

The miracles in Central City do throw everything into question. On ARROW, we saw the Vigilante get completely destroyed by the particle-accelerator and yet somehow his molecules came back together and he was alive. So no matter what you to do to a human body in Central City--that doesn't mean anyone is dead. Which should throw out every murder conviction--because how can you be sure that anyone is dead dead? But that's a fundamental part of THE FLASH--we have to overlook this lapse in logic for the show to exist.

The thing is "Trial of the Flash" was loaded full of ridiculous things that shouldn't happen in a court of law. So you can't really question the logic of how Barry got out of prison without addressing how he got in prison. If you accept one, then you have to accept the other. It's a wash.

When I stumble on these things as I'm watching the show, I instantly come up with my own answers in-universe. It's only when I can't find any answer that fits within the show's reality that I'm apt to think they really fumbled the ball.

Sure, in the real world an appeals court isn't going to get Barry out of jail--that's just to start the process. But in this world, the judge can do all kinds of things that he can't in the real world (the trial itself should have triggered a mistrial or gave grounds for appeal, given the behaviour of the judge). In the real world, the police would investigate the DeVoe is alive claims further, but this is in the same world where the corpse of DeVoe somehow could get Barry convicted, even though the forensics should not have stood up in court.

The miracles in Central City do throw everything into question. On ARROW, we saw the Vigilante get completely destroyed by the particle-accelerator and yet somehow his molecules came back together and he was alive. So no matter what you to do to a human body in Central City--that doesn't mean anyone is dead. Which should throw out every murder conviction--because how can you be sure that anyone is dead dead? But that's a fundamental part of THE FLASH--we have to overlook this lapse in logic for the show to exist.
    This is a tv show the writers right and as much as we all may hate it then can tend to foger things and lets not forget they only have 40-43 mins an episode so we can't have them go through hours and days of court drama. Hell court room dramas and police shows don't even do that. Watch damn near any Law and Order show and you have MAYBE ten minutes of court room stuff.

I think its with in the realm of believably that this could happen. You can't have a murder trial about some one if it appears they are alive. Having him come into the court room talking to the judge as well as the Mechanic's own disbelief and emotion in her face and eyes seeing him was probably enough for the judge to call it what it was. I kind of got the feeling they were going on that maybe he had meta abilities which kept him alive or potentially they had a meta that took his form and acted the part of being dead or something along those lines.

That said, thinking back on it... they have a chance to go through many worlds correct? Why did they never think to go to one of the other earths find another Clifford Devoe and see if he would play the part? This way his DNA would be the same for tests. They were able to pick from the universe of wells, even having a council of wells, what stopped them from doing the same with a devoe from an alt world?

Retired

The part of "The Trial of the Flash" that really tried my patience was when the judge passed sentence on Barry and said that never in his thiry years on the bench had he ever seen a case of such inhumanity.

That was too over the top--you're telling me that this judge never saw a crime as heinous as the DeVoe murder in thirty years. I find that hard to believe. And the judge was so irresponsible in these remarks that I wanted to see him eat those words.

"True Colors" didn't deliver on that. It's the same judge, but he seems to have neatly forgotten what he said before and now it's all good. No big deal--forget about those past remarks, there was no malice in it. Sweep it under the carpet.

The part of "The Trial of the Flash" that really tried my patience was when the judge passed sentence on Barry and said that never in his thiry years on the bench had he ever seen a case of such inhumanity.

That was too over the top--you're telling me that this judge never saw a crime as heinous as the DeVoe murder in thirty years. I find that hard to believe. And the judge was so irresponsible in these remarks that I wanted to see him eat those words.

"True Colors" didn't deliver on that. It's the same judge, but he seems to have neatly forgotten what he said before and now it's all good. No big deal--forget about those past remarks, there was no malice in it. Sweep it under the carpet.
    I think he meant that Barry showed inhumanity in his lack of remorse at the trial. Of course, we know that Barry didn't do anything but the judge doesn't...?

And yeah, a lot of things about this past episode with the courtroom scene bothered me. Same change, inexplicable change of heart.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

so who are the star defense attorneys in the DC world? Marvel has Matt Murdock and Jennifer Walters.