Page 631 of 827 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 12392
    Astonishing Member

Certainly also true for Superman types. I guess the issue is how egregious the plot behavior is. To get floated into the sky because you are just standing there - OH, for God's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Really disappointed in the show. This plot line is boring. Ralph was fun but as a major player, doesn't add much. DeVoe isn't a villain that I can really care about. Pulling some trick turn to Harry - that's cheap.

Other shows have done the season long villain much better. In some shows, it kills the show. It's debatable that Negan is killing Walking Dead. X-Files endless alien threat attracted some and turned off many.

You get the point. I'm watching the show on fast forward lately, just to keep up and reading re-caps. It's not worth an hour of real life time.

If I see Barry let some normal speed villain take him out again because he is just standing there making a speech, I'll just have a hissy fit (or really turn it off).
    so you were a fan of his show, or were... but obviously not his comics. A major part of of Flash's rogues are normal speed villains. Captain Cold, Heatwave, Trickster, like 80% of his villains are non speedsters.

I love how people complain about this and then its like... "well if he were logical he would use his speed take out every villain instantly and be done with them" Which would make the show incredibly boring and would have ended after three episodes because people would be bored and ratings would drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    So are we supposed to believe that's Evil Harrison Wells instead of Harry. Cause I ain't buying it.
    Maybe he's channeling Thawne due to the use of the thinking cap, like it's opening a door in his mind that Thawne can get in and influence.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man I am just getting so sick of Barry and his attitude. He is just such an ass. As many times as he screws up over and over and yet he still comes off as jerk thinking he knows best about everything. He knows best about NOTHING, and almost every plan he comes up with fails in one way or another but he still expects everyone to follow his lead. Why would they?

I love Ralph, but they need to tone the comedy down a bit and show more of the private investigator/former cop Ralph. He can be funny without being a clown.

While Barry has his butt planted firmly on his high horse in this episode, I can't be too mad at him because he's written to be just as sick of Ralph as I am. Every week there's some new character flaw for Ralph to annoy the team with. It's gotten a bit much for me.

I'm also a little salty because Joe hasn't been given anything to do for months now. I hope he's not next up on the chopping block.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Well DeVoe is certainly fucked up.
    Nice breather episode, and like next year, E18 will severely turn up the stakes.

Astonishing Member

I liked the comics but the Rogues were silly, I grant you. The problem with facing FTL heroes is that they are FTL. There's no way around it. I think that seeing the conversation as compared to a comic book panel emphasizes the plot induced stupidity. It's the same with Gotham. I've watched some of the gun fights and stand offs and cringed. Having done some FOF and competitions in similar set ups, I think my old bones could win the fights while Jim and Harv are jawing away.

BANNED

my name is Barry Allen and I am the slowest man alive even though I am the fastest man alive. that was the premise used in the comics as Barry before getting his speed was the slowest man and that was his essential nature so much that the trait almost got him killed in the brave and bold series with Hal as the emo star amplified his core nature slowing him down so anytime he is caught napping can be put down to this trait of his coming up in spite of the speed force.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 04-12-2018 at 08:06 PM.

So Kevin Smith's directed more Flash than any other Arrowverse show. I wonder why that is? Seeing Jay and Silent Bob was hilarious.

I understand that they wanted to go for Barry's seriousness in the field and its uses versus Ralph's jokes which not only help him as a defense mechanism but allow him to think outside the box, but...Ralph was being too much of a goofball. Ducking his head inside his body to avoid DeVoe? Uh, sure. For what it's worth, I do think they should take their improv show to Washington and call themselves the "DC Comics".

That stuff with Marlize was chilling. I've found myself wondering what a lot of these scenes would look like if DeVoe kept his original body and wasn't played by different actors (and actresses). Here's hoping Neil Sandilands returns for the final battle.

Crucifer! Here I was thinking how unlikely it would be to get a full-on supernatural villain as a full season Flash Big Bad, and yet here's a vampire in another dimension! Maybe that's not so far out of the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Cisco being offered a job as Breacher?

NO! DON'T LEAVE!
    Can't Cisco, ya know, commute? This is an interesting development for him, I wonder where it'll take him. Also he didn't seem to react to it (or maybe he hasn't put two and two together yet), but if he's anything like Breacher, Cisco will start to lose his powers when he gets older as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So Kevin Smith's directed more Flash than any other Arrowverse show. I wonder why that is? Seeing Jay and Silent Bob was hilarious.
    Actually Keven Smith has directed 3 episodes of Flash, "Runaway Dinosaur", "Killer Frost", and "Null and Annoyed" and 3 episodes of Supergirl, "Supergirl Lives", "Distant Sun", and "Damage".
    Just no Arrow or DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Retired

Watching the other shows gives me a better appreciation for LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. It’s not that I want the other shows to strike the same tone, but LEGENDS has an identity and it has the courage to be its own thing. The others don’t know what they want to be and keep ducking from bold directions.

This FLASH ep demonstrates that very well. Both the comedy and the drama is watered down. The Elongated Man is my favourite comic book character and I think Hartley Sawyer is the perfect actor to play him. But even I have to admit it’s not working. And the reason for that is Ralph is written differently every time he appears. So it’s impossible for the actor to realize a credible persona, because each episode gives him a different motivation.

The last time we saw Ralph he was glum and running scared. This time he’s doing improv and lightening the mood. Next time, who knows what Dibny we’ll get.

The best Ralph scene was him as Joe. It was refreshing to see Jesse L. Martin play this character. Which just demonstrates how dull Joe West has become and what Martin can do when he has different material to play.

I liked the side pieces more than the main plots. The Jay and Silent Bob stuff cracked me up. Everything with Marlize was great—but the western twang the other actress uses for DeVoe continues to annoy me. And the bit at the end stole the show. Every time these great things happened, it just made the rest more painful.

Null might be the most boring villain yet. I had the expectation that both bus metas would show up as a duo—Null and Void. Giving a whole episode to Null was a wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Watching the other shows gives me a better appreciation for LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. It’s not that I want the other shows to strike the same tone, but LEGENDS has an identity and it has the courage to be its own thing. The others don’t know what they want to be and keep ducking from bold directions.
    I think they all know what they want to be to some degree or another, a Superhero drama with their own separate "niche," there are just numerous ways for that to be expressed or conveyed.

BANNED

I'm a little confused why Barry was more concerned about Ralph being a joker last week than he seems to be about Ralph tilting toward murder this week.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I like the classic villian introduced makes a good foil to the cast.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'm a little confused why Barry was more concerned about Ralph being a joker last week than he seems to be about Ralph tilting toward murder this week.
    Flash has ended the lives of Girder, Blackout and Gray, just off the top of my head.

He's just mad that Ralph's talking about it. That's just supposed to be implied :P