Page 639 of 827 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought this was one of the better episodes.

It’s interesting to contrast the psychiatrist scenes here with those earlier in the season. The previous scenes were played for comedy, where these were played straight. So you have the exact same three actors in almost the same scenario, yet with different direction they give every line a new inflection.

Credit to Donna Pescow (of SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER fame) in changing her performance. She was probably hired to do a comedic turn originally, but now adapts to the change in focus.

And Wentworth Miller earned his paycheque. It shows when you let top talent do their job. Miller made every word count. I think the psychological aspect of this story negates the ongoing debate on Barry’s speed.

However, it seems like the team should follow original Snart’s advice: "Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails . . . Throw away the plan."
    I used to love Donna Pescow and it was good to see her again. And don't forget her old hit show Angie!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I said it before. She is going to kill her husband because now she sees that he has become a monster. The way it is looking now she will probably kill herself in the process because she will feel the guilt of all the people they have killed.

Mark my words DeVoe dies at the hand of his wife in the season finale in some way.
    The problem is that Devoe becoming a monster was not a bug, but a feature. The plan from the start has been to kill the bus metas and steal their powers.

Now she gets cold feet because her husband is a little different? I hope we're not supposed to be sympathetic

It's not that she's getting cold feet. It's that her husband just told her that he has no human feelings any more. That includes any feelings he had for her.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's not that she's getting cold feet. It's that her husband just told her that he has no human feelings any more. That includes any feelings he had for her.
    Right. She was only on board out of love for him, but now that he's not reciprocating those feelings anymore, what's the point of her helping him carry out his plan?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Always great having Snart around in any form but, yeesh, when does this season end? I cannot get over how boring the Thinker storyline is. Please someone stop them from using a season-long villain next year.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Always great having Snart around in any form but, yeesh, when does this season end? I cannot get over how boring the Thinker storyline is. Please someone stop them from using a season-long villain next year.
    Right? The stuff with Ralph is *so* predictable, the "smart guy with no feelings" crap is cliched, and some of the smaller storylines that get wrapped up in 1 episode could have made great mini arcs stretched out over 3 or 4.

Retired

It’s unfortunate that the consensus on this season finds it underwhelming. On paper there are a lot of good ideas and some bits of this season were excellent.

I fear the producers will take the wrong lesson from this and go right back to original recipe Flash and another speedster villain.

Incredible Member

Just watched the episode. One question: If Flash can drop Goldberg off in China and run back again in a few seconds, why couldn't he just run Fallout to the Argus facility? Instead, they spend hours making and executing the great plan of...driving him there in a truck? It's this kind of ridiculous inconsistency that drives me crazy about the Flash in both his comics and TV identities. Still an entertaining show, but either he can run at a certain speed, or he can't.

Leo is a great grief counselor. He didn't even need to make a Ralph puppet this time! It's horrifying that he lost so many people under his command, but at least it gave him the clarity to advise Barry on dealing with Ralph's death. Ditto for Caitlin and Killer Frost. I would've liked to see Caitlin slowly bonding with KF more and more until they just become one, it's weird that she was an actual separate person.

It's kind of tragic, we've seen three different versions of Laurel Lance and NONE of them end up with Oliver Queen (in the case of Siren-X, he flat out didn't return her feelings). I'd like to see some alternate Earth where they are married.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Is it me or does it sound like DeVoe is calling Leo "Snot" instead of Snart?
    Yeah, it's like he was saying "Snaht". Or "Snot", I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Perhaps infinite, and perhaps the series finale of FLASH and the rest of the CW/Arrowverse will be a linewide crossover called....CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.

Mindtrip: the CW/Arrowverse is destroyed by the Crisis and is reborn as...the DCEU.
    Where everything is completely different and...Henry Allen is still arrested for murdering his wife. Nah, I'd like that future Crisis to involve the DCEU as another Earth (which then gets destroyed only to re-emerge/be rebooted as a more entertaining and consistent Earth).

It’s unfortunate that the consensus on this season finds it underwhelming. On paper there are a lot of good ideas and some bits of this season were excellent.

I fear the producers will take the wrong lesson from this and go right back to original recipe Flash and another speedster villain.
    I liked this season a lot. I think the right lesson is not to have a Big Bad always ten steps ahead who keeps winning/biding his time until the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Just watched the episode. One question: If Flash can drop Goldberg off in China and run back again in a few seconds, why couldn't he just run Fallout to the Argus facility? Instead, they spend hours making and executing the great plan of...driving him there in a truck?
    Maybe they didn't want to risk setting Fallout off if Flash trips/is attacked/drops him going that fast.

BANNED

maybe the thinker is going to get a unpleasant surprise when the elastic personality of Ralph asserts himself. on the other hand it could just mean that instead of devoe dying at team flash hands or his wife's he could be trapped forever in Ralph's body with Ralph constantly keeping him dormant which could be another killer frost like situation. Alternatively I think the thinker in his obsession to bring about the enlightenment may lush even Ralph's body beyond its limits and fry himself to oblivion. Already he shows signs of hubris which may prove fatal to his long term plans.

Retired

The Thinker is Johnny Witts—“The Crime-Boss Who Was Always One Step Ahead of Batman!” You’re never going to get ahead of him by being fast or having a plan. He always knows where you’ll be before you do.

The trick is not to do those things you would do. I can see why Barry’s speed is no help to him.

I wish they got that point across earlier in the season, so the stories would be about Team Flash going against their nature and winging it. Ralph could have been a more valuable asset for his ability to think outside the box. And the stories might have subverted expectations by having everyone on the team change their routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is definitely not a case of different abilities. This Laurel is using her powers in a fashion that the other versions didn't.
    There is no evidence that Earth-2 Black Siren also has super-hearing is what I'm saying.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Just watched the episode. One question: If Flash can drop Goldberg off in China and run back again in a few seconds, why couldn't he just run Fallout to the Argus facility? Instead, they spend hours making and executing the great plan of...driving him there in a truck? It's this kind of ridiculous inconsistency that drives me crazy about the Flash in both his comics and TV identities. Still an entertaining show, but either he can run at a certain speed, or he can't.
    I wondered why Cisco couldn't just Portal him there.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

The Thinker is Johnny Witts—“The Crime-Boss Who Was Always One Step Ahead of Batman!” You’re never going to get ahead of him by being fast or having a plan. He always knows where you’ll be before you do.
    WOW! A Johnny Witts mention. WOW!
    Long forgotten bat-villain of the early 70's.

What happen to Siren-X?
    Did Barry and Friends turn her over to Quentin Lance so he could try to reform her too, like he is trying to do with the Earth-2 Black Siren?

Retired

Wasn’t the point that Team Flash was not to know where ARGUS was taking Fallout? If they knew, that was something DeVoe could figure out. The plan was supposed to have so many levels of secrecy even the Thinker couldn’t calculate. Of course, they were wrong, but that was the plan.

So Barry and Cisco had to have some degree of ignorance.

But maybe when ARGUS picked up Fallout, they took Siren X, too. And she’s being held in a dark site.

I haven’t watched ARROW of late—plan to binge in the summer—but maybe Siren X will be the fall girl for any past Black Siren crimes. E2 Laurel will be allowed to pass as E1 Laurel, while E-X Laurel passes for E2.

But I like the idea of a Quentin Lance series where he slides from Earth to Earth, redeeming each Laurel he finds.