Page 658 of 827 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662668708758 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 12392
    Retired

But in the comics, Barry never had a chin guard until recently, so the lack of chin thing makes it look more comic accurate to me. I always liked the way Carmine Infantino and Joe Giella drew the cowl, and this looks similar to that. Anyway, I believe they've indicated the chin warmer will be returning at some point in the season--so those that like it will be happy, and I'll be disgruntled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But in the comics, Barry never had a chin guard until recently, so the lack of chin thing makes it look more comic accurate to me. I always liked the way Carmine Infantino and Joe Giella drew the cowl, and this looks similar to that. Anyway, I believe they've indicated the chin warmer will be returning at some point in the season--so those that like it will be happy, and I'll be disgruntled.
    It is definitely more comic accurate, but after several seasons of the live action suit having a chin strap, it's kind of jarring seeing a costume without it .

Retired

In live action, it's hard for me not to think about the actors who have to wear these suits, and the chin guard always made me wonder how uncomfortable that must be and how hard it is to act while you have this thing on your chin.

Looks cool. Also the very next ep after this one ("All Doll'd Up") will be called "The Icicle Cometh" which is were we'll meet Caitlin's father. Given the title I'm guessing he'll be some sort of re-working of The Icicle.

Retired

The problem for the Rogues Gallery is the show gives a few villains the chance to shine over several episodes, while others only get one episode and they're done. Cicada and Icicle will probably have enough time to develop their characters, but I worry that Rag Doll will be only there as a villain of the week--and Rag Doll (like Shade) should have a whole season.

The problem for the Rogues Gallery is the show gives a few villains the chance to shine over several episodes, while others only get one episode and they're done. Cicada and Icicle will probably have enough time to develop their characters, but I worry that Rag Doll will be only there as a villain of the week--and Rag Doll (like Shade) should have a whole season.
    I think what would be better is if they are going to do 23 episodes a season, instead of having one season long villain with some villain of the weeks thrown in, is to do a four to six episode story on one villain and then
    move onto another villain so we end up with four or five villain stories each season. Then we don't get bored with dragging out the main villain all season and we get a good character development for each villain.

Well, we're supposed to be getting a new version of The Rogues this season, so maybe that can help bolster the show's villain development.

The Rogues are probably one of the biggest elements of the Flash mythos that they've bungled.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we're supposed to be getting a new version of The Rogues this season, so maybe that can help bolster the show's villain development.

The Rogues are probably one of the biggest elements of the Flash mythos that they've bungled.
    In fairness, it's a hard idea to execute in live action. Low level repeat villains aren't much of a thing in live shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Better look at the new suit:
    This looks much more natural and comfortable than what they've been using. To bad I have no faith in them to carry out a story over 23 episodes. Don't expect to watch this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, it's a hard idea to execute in live action. Low level repeat villains aren't much of a thing in live shows.
    I mean, they were building up to Cold having his own gang of criminals and evil Metahumans back in season 1, but it got completely dropped as they moved him and Heat Wave onto Legends.

Then they had Mirror Master and Top as the "New Rogues" but didn't really do anything with that.

The show hasn't really had it's big "Rogues" episode yet, which was something the John Wesley Shipp show was planning to do for it's season 2 premier.

Retired

So what does everyone think about the crossover being "Elseworlds?"

So what does everyone think about the crossover being "Elseworlds?"
    It implies to me that Batwoman might be on her own Earth instead of Supergirl's, or that at the very least different dimensions and worlds will be a big part of the crossover.

Retired

I wonder if all the shows will have their cliffhanger ending for the break the week before and then this crossover will be totally out of continuity or if FLASH will serve to introduce the other Elseworlds. And if it's plural, does that mean we'll see more than one other world?

If the Batwoman world is a different Earth--everyone else could die by the end of the crossover (including Bruce Wayne?), leaving Batwoman alone on her world to fight crime.

Incredible Member

Barry uses the Flash ring!