Page 662 of 827 FirstFirst ... 162562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

I used to think Joe was worth his weight in gold in this show, but damn I underestimated his value

A meta human that kills other metas and steals their powers.
    Haven't we seen that somewhere?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A meta human that kills other metas and steals their powers.
    Haven't we seen that somewhere?
    In fairness, he doesn't seem to steal them so much as shut them down.

Is it just me, or was Caitlin just messing with Cisco for most of the episode?

Retired

I hope Jesse L. Martin is okay. I noticed he was sitting down most of this episode and last episode. An injury?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I used to think Joe was worth his weight in gold in this show, but damn I underestimated his value
    I absolutely love Joe West. Especially in a day and age where most father figures are either despicable or made to be an idiot.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I am really enjoying the scenes with Barry and XS, but have to be honest I don't really care about the Cisco/Caitlin/ Ralph stuff. Thankfully Ralph has only been used sparingly because I can only handle him in small doses.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I am really enjoying the scenes with Barry and XS, but have to be honest I don't really care about the Cisco/Caitlin/ Ralph stuff. Thankfully Ralph has only been used sparingly because I can only handle him in small doses.
    Eh, I don't know, to me it's more about how he's used. I haven't watched the second episode yet but he was pretty well handled in the season premier. Funny, fun and a good detective - pretty much classic Ralph. It's just when they write him as mopey Plastic Man that I start to lose patience.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Please don't let Cicada be the Arrowverse version of Don Allen. We don't need another 'good sibling/bad sibling' storyline

Retired

I'm sure people will complain about this FLASH season, just like they did last season--and in fact every season. But they can go whistle. There's never been a season of FLASH as bad as seasons 3 and 4 of ARROW. And we already see the writers trying to address the complaints of fans from the previous season. But I'm sure more complaints witll pop up, because it's Whac-A-Mole.

Complaint that Iris isn't doing her reporter thing addressed.

Complaint that Caitlin is always in the background addressed.

Complaint that Barry doesn't do his CSI routine addressed.

Complaint that Barry et al aren't smart enough and don't quickly detain the crook addressed.

Complaint that Cecile has psychic powers addressed.

Complaint that Ralph isn't written in a consistent way addressed.

Complaint that they keep too many secrets--this episode begins with Barry and Nora revealing their secret to everyone--addressed.

Complaint that they take too long to figure out who is the big bad--addressed (if Cicada really is the big bad).

It's only been two episodes and they've already taken care of so much baggage from previous episodes--and done it so smartly and simply that you wouldn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I hope Jesse L. Martin is okay. I noticed he was sitting down most of this episode and last episode. An injury?
    Yes. This. I noticed this too. The only time he stood he was leaning against a door frame (the other time he pretended to get up, then they switched the shot and it looks like a double going up the stairs). Last episode he was sitting a lot too (They walk in and he's already sleeping and says "This is where i come to nap"??? Then he still doesn't get up).

Anyway, hope he's ok.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm sure people will complain about this FLASH season, just like they did last season--and in fact every season. But they can go whistle. There's never been a season of FLASH as bad as seasons 3 and 4 of ARROW. And we already see the writers trying to address the complaints of fans from the previous season. But I'm sure more complaints witll pop up, because it's Whac-A-Mole.

Complaint that Iris isn't doing her reporter thing addressed.

Complaint that Caitlin is always in the background addressed.

Complaint that Barry doesn't do his CSI routine addressed.

Complaint that Barry et al aren't smart enough and don't quickly detain the crook addressed.

Complaint that Cecile has psychic powers addressed.

Complaint that Ralph isn't written in a consistent way addressed.

Complaint that they keep too many secrets--this episode begins with Barry and Nora revealing their secret to everyone--addressed.

Complaint that they take too long to figure out who is the big bad--addressed (if Cicada really is the big bad).

It's only been two episodes and they've already taken care of so much baggage from previous episodes--and done it so smartly and simply that you wouldn't even notice.
    This is true. I really enjoyed these two episodes (crappy baddie of the weeks aside) and am cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season. Also, it's been years since I read Blood Will Run so I can't remember too much about Cicada but I'm not 100% sure that he can carry an entire season - though if romours of it being broken down into smaller arcs are tue then that may not be a problem.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Does anyone else think any more members of the Legion of Superheroes will appear? We know XS is an member in the comics and Nora mentioned Lightning Lad. I'll be happy if even a couple of members appear for one or two episodes; maybe to check to see the timeline hasn't fallen appear, then they go back.

I would like to see Cosmic Boy and Star Boy, but since they have a budget, they'll probably go with Bouncing Boy (to represent different body shapes) and Karate Kid (easy to do, plus Cisco would a lot of movie jokes until Karate Kid threatens to remove Cisco's tongue without even using his hands).

Does anyone else want to see other members of the Legion?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Retired

I just assume that the Legion went through time and space to arrive on mid-21st century Earth-1 from 31st century Earth-38. Because the Legion are on Supergirl's Earth and XS is not an experienced time traveller.

Or else, all the Earths are merged after the Crisis in 2024. It seems like they are leading up to this kind of Crisis--but maybe Barry and Nora will prevent it from ever happening. However, if they change the timeline, Nora should be different after that. But that kind of logic hasn't got in the way of Barry or Eobard, so maybe Nora will retain all her memories of the old timeline but still get her dad back.

If they want to bring Jessica Parker Kennedy back as a series regular in future seasons--maybe the woman that Jay is training on Earth-3 is Nora's doppelganger.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What blows my mind is the actress who plays XS (Jessica Parker Kennedy) is actually older in real life than the rest of Team Flash. She is 34. She is older than both her TV parents.