Page 676 of 827 FirstFirst ... 176576626666672673674675676677678679680686726776 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I wonder what the Time Bureau on Legends of Tomorrow feels about speedsters going back and forth through time?
    Yeah, well, good luck dictating that to them. Half the time Barry's time traveled, it was on accident.

But being some of the few beings NOT needing what I presume to be VERY expensive technology to time travel, makes me think they would want to stay on their good side (the good ones, that is).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    another speedster villain for the season bad guy, goddammit!
    It's not really...ANOTHER.

Retired

Rebooted Legion of Super-Heroes or rebooted Legion of Doom?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I imagine she is working with Thawne with the promise that he can save/bring back her dad

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

This was a GREAT episode. One of the show's best. Has Tom Cavanaugh ever directed an ep before? He's fantastic!

Nora's coded language that survives changes in the timeline is a really cool addition to the rules of time travel. I feel like you could build so much on that premise.

Sherloque calls Nora "clever girl" with the same inflection and facial mannerisms as Thawne-Wells earlier in the episode. The real question is, does this indicate Thawne has already taken over Sherloque's identity or is coming in the future? Or is it a red herring?

I thought Team Flash's plan was clever, coherent and well executed. Of course, it didn't work, it's the mid-season finale! But almost. Missed it by this much, as Maxwell Smart says...

Zoom got grabbed by the time wraith before the rest of his story plays out in Season 2, does that change anything or did he just get held back and he re-entered the timeline unscathed?

Retired

Cavanagh directed a couple of episodes last season, but the amazing thing about this one is he played some different versions of Wells/Thawne. That must have been a challenge for him--also for hair and make-up.

It seems strange that Wellsobard makes a point of giving Nora a bottle of water when he meets her. I've seen enough procedurals to know that's how you get DNA evidence. But Nora is never shown drinking the water, so I'm not sure what was accomplished there.

I don't think Sherloque is Thawne yet--but it's the kind of thing they would do, maybe when Sherloque gets close to figuring everything out then Thawne kills him and takes over his body. Even more evil would be if Thawne killed Nora and took over her body.

The team didn't need to go back in time on that wild goose chase--they have an obvious means of neutralizing Cicada right in front of them--Grace. She's the key. And what other character spent a long time in a coma after being hit by dark matter? When Grace wakes up will she have the power to stop Cicada?

It was also interesting to see the Doctor get her own origin story of sorts, on the night of the particle accelerator explosion. I don't trust her.

Cavanagh directed a couple of episodes last season, but the amazing thing about this one is he played some different versions of Wells/Thawne. That must have been a challenge for him--also for hair and make-up.
    Yeah, it's crazy how well he goes back and forth between these different characters.

It seems strange that Wellsobard makes a point of giving Nora a bottle of water when he meets her. I've seen enough procedurals to know that's how you get DNA evidence. But Nora is never shown drinking the water, so I'm not sure what was accomplished there.
    Either that, or he was just trying to stick it to Barry. "Your dad thinks I'm a terrible person, but would a terrible person offer you water?"

I don't think Sherloque is Thawne yet--but it's the kind of thing they would do, maybe when Sherloque gets close to figuring everything out then Thawne kills him and takes over his body. Even more evil would be if Thawne killed Nora and took over her body.
    Oh, man, that would be twisted.

The team didn't need to go back in time on that wild goose chase--they have an obvious means of neutralizing Cicada right in front of them--Grace. She's the key. And what other character spent a long time in a coma after being hit by dark matter? When Grace wakes up will she have the power to stop Cicada?
    Ha, I hadn't thought of that. You're probably right. That will be the key in the end. At any rate, I liked their plan, even as I knew it was doomed to fail (mid-season finale and all).

Truth be told, I'm kind of bored by Cicada and much more interested in Nora's connection to Thawne.

It was also interesting to see the Doctor get her own origin story of sorts, on the night of the particle accelerator explosion. I don't trust her.
    She's okay with Cicada's murder spree, so yeah, not trustworthy in the slightest.

Retired

I would have been happy to see Cicada come to an end in this episode, but there are loose ends with him that need to be tied up, so I guess they couldn't do that yet.

Astonishing Member

Have we seen any evidence besides her own word that Nora is Barry and Iris' daughter? Is it at all possible that Nora is a Thawne? Or like Bart in the comics really a grandkid with both Thawne and Allen parents? Maybe claiming to be Flash's daughter rather than granddaughter was a way to hide the Thawne part.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I wonder what the Time Bureau on Legends of Tomorrow feels about speedsters going back and forth through time?
    At this point, things are so goofy on that show for them to even notice.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Have we seen any evidence besides her own word that Nora is Barry and Iris' daughter? Is it at all possible that Nora is a Thawne? Or like Bart in the comics really a grandkid with both Thawne and Allen parents? Maybe claiming to be Flash's daughter rather than granddaughter was a way to hide the Thawne part.
    Are there any Thawne descendants in THE FLASH's timeline? To be honest, I'm still not quite clear how Eobard Thawne exists, given Eddie's death in S1.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Pretty sure they DNA tested her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

Wasn't Barry in a coma for months after the particle accelerator explosion until his body adjusted to the changes? When Grace does wake up I don't think she would really be immune to Cicada's dagger he just won't be able to attack her cause she's family and the whole reason he's on a meta killing spree is because of her.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I vote Legion of Super Heroes based off of Nora saying that The Flash's lightning bolt is cooler than Lightning Lad's.

When Thawne was guessing about Nora, I recognize Jesse Quick and Danica Williams (the Flash of Earth 12), but I was confused when he mentioned the name Lawrence.

I liked it when Thawne called Nora "Dawn." It makes me wonder the reason why Nora is helping him is that something happened to her brother and she blames herself.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Wasn't Barry in a coma for months after the particle accelerator explosion until his body adjusted to the changes?
    That's what I was hinting at.

With Nora, I wondered if she could be a clone or something. Maybe Thawne made her in a lab using DNA from Barry and Iris. So he's her "father."

Someone had the theory that the two different colours of lightning represent two different kinds of speed powers. She has Barry's powers, but she also has this reverse-time power which maybe doesn't come naturally but was manufactured for her.