Page 678 of 827 FirstFirst ... 178578628668674675676677678679680681682688728778 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 12392
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There was a guy in the crowd for the STAR labs collider ceremony that I don't think was there in the original episode, but he looked familiar although I couldn't place his face. It seemed to me we wouldn't have seen him if he wasn't supposed to be somebody important to the show.
    He's standing next to Caitlin at about 0:10 in this scene cilp--

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Oh, also, was Barry's suit tweaked again? Maybe I'm getting used to the new one but it looked much better at the end there, especially the cowl.
    Watching the scene of him confronting Cicada again, the cowl does look better. It doesn't make his head look like Hector Hammond.

I don't think Sherloque is Thawne or will become Thawne. In fact I think this episode finally made his purpose clear: he's the only one who has figured out Nora hasn't exactly been forthcoming, and he will be the only one to figure out what she's been hiding. We the audience now know it has something to do with the Thawne in 2049 but Sherloque is somehow going to bring that info to light for Team Flash. He really is a detective, and one who loves a good mystery. What we saw at the end was him trying to solve that mystery.

As for Nora's real relationship to Thawne 2049? I learned the hard way not to try and outthink this show (still wish Savitar was a resurrected Eddie but I digress). It'll do the most obvious, simplest thing. Indeed this board has come up with some great theories that the writers IMO should pull out a pen and paper and take notes. No, Nora has a habit of biting off far more than she can chew. I think she turned to the only speedster left, Thawne, for help, thinking she could handle him, and not knowing how big of a monster he truly is. Obviously he kept the info of killing her grandmother from her and I think that ending was just her about to chew him out. No gender bent Inertia, no granddaughter pretending to be daughter, none of that. Sadly, while I love this show, I have to admit that its not clever enough to do any of that. *shrugs*

Retired

I think the writers are capable of being clever, but they don't want to get too far ahead of the collective audience. While there are some people who watch this show intently and spend the rest of the week thinking about it, there are others who turn it on, take it in and then get overtaken by other things in the week. So if they make the show too involved and too clever, it becomes something just for a portion of the audience and not all.

I've learned the hard way not to get too attached to any Wells. I started out not liking H.R. and ended up caring a lot for the lug--even when his death was telegraphed far ahead of when it happened. And Sherloque is simply the most disposable character.

They got me with the song, I thought Tom was going to show up.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Amazo... you have failed this... city!

Man, I'm loving this crossover so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

This crossover is fantastic so far! Man Tyler is an excellent Superman. I need me some more John Wesley Shipp though!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

I never realized how much Iris dislike's Oliver.

Retired

It's funny because Iris has a big crush on Oliver in normal reality. It's been referenced a few times on the show. But that's because of his body. Now she has the body--she just knows that body as Barry Allen. Oliver Queen isn't interesting to her when he has a Grant Gustin body. I guess that's why it took her so long to fall in love with Barry. Her type was usually the Rick Cosnett, Stephen Amell type.

I always like it when Iris puts on her cheerleader outfit. She probably dated the quarterback in high school.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Where did Nora go during the crossover event? She wasn't even mentioned.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Where did Nora go during the crossover event? She wasn't even mentioned.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    These crossover events sometimes do weird things like that, BA.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This crossover is fantastic so far! Man Tyler is an excellent Superman. I need me some more John Wesley Shipp though!
    Agreed.... But having just finished rewatching Smallville just before this Crossover, I made this meme summarising my thoughts:
    1381523D-AAA3-4840-9769-19F2ABEA4E31.jpg
    Could just be because Smallville though
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

That episode was absolutely fantastic. It had funny moments (seriously, Grant and Stephen must have had a blast on that one behind the camera, it was hard to see what was script and what might have been bloopers left in^^), the Amazo fight was awesome (wasn't it even the same construction site like last year?), it was great to see Tyler as Supes again (perfect chemistry with Lois Lane).

The ONLY thing that was kind of a disappointment is that it is now 100% sure that Batwoman won't be from Supergirl's Earth. Really a shame. Earth 1 has enough heroes as it is!

Retired

A Lois Lane-Kara Danvers-Iris West adventure in journalism is the team-up I need to see. I want Lois to play the Oliver Queen role, the experienced mentor who has seen it all, showing Kara and Iris how it's done.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Man, why isn't the Flash always this fun? I hate to say it but it might actually be Iris. I actually like the character fine and Candice Patton does a very good job with her but, man, Iris sucked the life out of this episode everytime she showed up on screen. I get what they were going for with her here but, yeesh, she is just such a drag... and worse she drags everyone else along with her. All the fun times with Barry and Oliver, not to mention all the stuff on Earth 38, just evaporate at the first sight of Iris.

I like the character in theory and I like that she and Barry have a good marriage (funny, since I initially thought that Gustin and her had no chemistry at all) but the Flash works best when it's - if you'll excuse the pun - zippy and fun and when it's borrowing some of that bonkers, Silver Age madness from Legends and the way hat Iris is written does nothing but drain the show of its energy. The most annoying thing is that this isn't a massively difficult problem to fix: give her a bit more of a sense of humour, have her go back to being a reporter full-time and throw in some Lois-Lane-type sass and voila things are automatically like 500X better.

On another note, man, Hoechlin is great as Superman. I don't want him to take away from Kara over on Supergirl so how about moving him and Lois to Earth 1 and giving him a show once Arrow ends or something? What with the DCEU pretty much abandoning Superman, if rumours are to be believed, a full on Siuperman show (done right, of course) would definitely hit the spot. Though, they would have to do something with the way his cape is attached to the suit. It's such a great looking suit otherwise but those weird strap thins just look cheap as hell. Kara doesn't have them so I'm not sure why Clark does.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.