Page 684 of 827 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694734784 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 12392
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would rather at the end of this storyline all the time travel shenanignas finally catch up with everyone and Nora accidently earases herself by messing around with the time stream. It would be a good way to finally put and end to all the time travel nonsense in this show by having it linked to something tragic like that. Think of all the drama they could squeeze out of Nora doing the slow fade because she screwed things up so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Kurt Busiek must be in bits over the demise of Bork. It was because he had so much love for Carl Bork's appearance in the Flash-Batman team-up, "But Bork Can Hurt You"--THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 81 (December 1968 - January 1969)--that Busiek brought back the big brawler to be a part of THE POWER COMPANY team.
    I ain't worried.

For one thing, I don't watch the show.

And I wouldn't say I had great love for that story, which is an incoherent mess. But I love the title. And that house ad!

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I enjoyed the stuff with Ralph and Caitlin/ Killer Frost and the Allen family stuff was decent but Cicada has proven to be just another terrible Flash Big Bad. The acting is atrocious and there's just nothing all that interesting about the character at all. If they're going to insist on having these Big Bads, they should just recast the Rogues and have them as the collective villain for the season. All of the main villains since Zoom have been flippin' awful and wear out their welcome long before the halfway point of the season.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think it might have worked better if Cicada was just the leader of a cult of people who all want metas dead with different people out doing the killing. People who have all had their lives ruined by metas in one way or another so you kind of feel bad for them. At least that way we would not have the constant "Barry has to do something stupid to give the bad guy time to get away" troupe. Cicada would still control his knife but he would let others use it. When they get taken down and captured Cicada calls the dagger back before team Flash can get their hands on it. You keep having new killers until the mind season break and then the real Cicada steps in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think it might have worked better if Cicada was just the leader of a cult of people who all want metas dead with different people out doing the killing. People who have all had their lives ruined by metas in one way or another so you kind of feel bad for them. At least that way we would not have the constant "Barry has to do something stupid to give the bad guy time to get away" troupe. Cicada would still control his knife but he would let others use it. When they get taken down and captured Cicada calls the dagger back before team Flash can get their hands on it. You keep having new killers until the mind season break and then the real Cicada steps in.
    That's also much closer to his comic book debut as well.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

The guy who played Bork was the guy who was in the Savitar suit for most of season 3.

Hartley Sawyer was on AfterBuzz TV this week and he said that Ralph and Caitlin are not getting together (no matter what some shippers might think), but that there is a long term plan for Sue to appear on the show.

I wonder if the director of record is really the director for all the scenes in a given episode. I don't think it can be, as they have to fillm things at different times and that director won't always be available. The last episode had some genius bits of direction and some bad bits of direction--so I find it hard to believe that the same director did everything.

For instance the shot of Wells reflected on the screen was absolutely inspired. But maybe this wasn't the director's idea. Given there's a permanent crew and a production staff, it could be that a lot of shots are determined without the director's input.

Astonishing Member

Random, crazy idea: With all this stuff about "meta-tech" being created, wouldn't it be neat if one of them was the H-Dial?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I did like seeing Peek-A-Boo again.
    And Ralph stretching from the Helicopter was neat.

Bork 1st appearance was in Brave and the Bold #81.

B&B81.jpg
    Last edited by signalman112; 01-25-2019 at 01:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

I hate to say this but some of the actors (Nora, for example) are pretty stilted and not convincing. Iris is another. I'm not picking on just the women as Killer Frost/C. is decent. Watching Supernatural and after all these years, the actors seem genuine in emotion as compared to the Flash crew. Supergirl and Arrow (while having plot stupidity at times) have better acting.

Retired

Other than LEGENDS, the actors on THE FLASH are my favourites. ARROW and SUPERGIRL have lost a lot of the actors I used to tune in to see. I could use more John Wesley Shipp on THE FLASH, but I'm grateful for the bits they give us each season.

I don't fault Jessica Parker Kennedy for the direction her character has taken. That seems to be what the producers, writers and directors want from her, but I think if she was asked to play Nora with more maturity and common sense, she could do that in a snap.

Maybe they should have explained better why her character is that way. With Impulse, he was like that because Bart was hyper-aged when he was only two, so he had the impulses of a two year old. There could be an in-story reason for why Nora acts like a twelve year old when she's supposed to be around twenty-five.

However, I can see this might be a problem for the writers, since they have to play their cards close to their vest for fear of giving away too many of Nora and Eobard's secrets. Right now, I'm just assuming because of how she was brought up and protected by Iris, this prevented Nora from developing in the normal fashion.

Just watched "Rent" on Fox. Jesse Martin came on at the end to sing with original cast members. He seemed to be doing okay. Hope he returns this season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

He's already back on set for THE FLASH--but his scenes won't appear for a few weeks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would rather at the end of this storyline all the time travel shenanignas finally catch up with everyone and Nora accidently earases herself by messing around with the time stream. It would be a good way to finally put and end to all the time travel nonsense in this show by having it linked to something tragic like that. Think of all the drama they could squeeze out of Nora doing the slow fade because she screwed things up so bad.
    I'm just wonder how reverse flash ended up in prison in the future. He was supposed to have been permanently removed by the time wraiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I'm just wonder how reverse flash ended up in prison in the future. He was supposed to have been permanently removed by the time wraiths.
    Well, the end of season one should have completely obliterated Thawne but he came back from that so why the hell not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Well, the end of season one should have completely obliterated Thawne but he came back from that so why the hell not?
    Which made Eddie's death pointless. Eddie was basically just a "man in a refrigerator". Just like women that die to move the male character's story along. Eddie had to die so Barry and Iris could hook up.