Page 695 of 827 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695696697698699705745795 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Barry throwing Nora in that cell was awesome.
    Oh yeah. Finally she gets whats coming for her.

And we get......another 4 weeks break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And Falling Skies.
    Also her and DP were series regulars on a James Woods lawyer show with Jeri Ryan called Shark.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I've always been a little confused by Nora's "interference" with the time stream by punching the satellite. If she hadn't done that wouldn't Flash have failed and things much worse have happened? I don't know what her thing with Thawne is (yet), but all in all, it appears to me that she saved the world, unless I'm missing something (which is possible).
    Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. Would have been nice if they clarified, maybe the threat would have been stopped anyway?

Also, Nora's interference in the Groundhog Day ep also seemed to be for the better, in spite of Barry giving her Jay's line about the broken cup never being the same.

Fun freeze frame bonuses in this episode with Nora's journal. This in particular is a favorite entry of mine.

September 2, 2018

Back to school season! Dad and I had to save a school bus of kids from falling into the river today. Who knew learning how to vibrate a whole plane would come in so handy? The kids were totally fine, too, and one of them told me he was going to write an essay about how XS is his favorite hero. I'm someone's favorite hero!!!

I had Chipotle for the first time today!!! Man, that's some good shrap. I wish it was still around in 2049 - curse you, 2023 Chicken Plague! Fast food here is so different. It's fascinating to me that Subway sells sandwiches here. After they embraced the whole 'yoga mat chemical' thing and became a yoga empire, the sandwich artists all lost their jobs.

Gonna miss a lot of things when I go back to 2049. Obviously Mom and Dad and Team Flash but also the clunky old phones - they're still in the 'APP phase' here in 2018. Wish I could stay to see what it was like when QIX were introduced. I'm going to miss all the old cars, too. Especially the Teslas. And the old TV shows. It's so funny, they all think Game of Thrones ends in 2019. What else ... cheap Jitters coffee, O.G. S.T.A.R. Labs, Cisco's Playstation (he's going to have a blast with immersive gaming). I think I'll miss board game nights the most. Playing old school board games with Mom and Dad. Board games don't really exist in 2049. Playing games with Mom and Dad doesn't exist then, either.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 03-20-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Correction, it's QIX. I saw someone had a less blurry screenshot of Nora's journal and have corrected the text accordingly.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Barry's reaction seemed a bit extreme, considering how often he's given outright villains the benefit of the doubt. But I guess it just goes to show how emotionally he reacts to Thawne.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Barry's reaction seemed a bit extreme, considering how often he's given outright villains the benefit of the doubt. But I guess it just goes to show how emotionally he reacts to Thawne.
    Can't really blame him there.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

yes I was expecting him to feel a little more broken about it but it seemed like he took it in stride and just deposited her in the pipeline with minimum fuss. guess he has lost his capacity to feel shocked/betrayed that eobard has once again messed with his family. I would surmise that she would have to pull something very drastic if she has to redeem herself so wonder if she has to sacrifice herself to stop grace and undo the damage to the timeline her manipulations must have caused. it would be ironic if after the timeline is reset nobody remembers her and everything that occurred in this season is retconed to being erased. speaking about erasing grace seems to be another example of how her actions don't make sense. if she can travel in time why not go to the point where she could save her parents or are they going to explain it as another fixed point in time? moreover they should have had written permission from orlin that he had consented for them to inject her with the cure which would have at least removed one obstacle from their administering the cure. oh well team flash is never big on forethought and planning.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It certainly was an over-reaction, even though he had a right to be upset at her keeping this secret from him. But to just chuck her in a cell without giving her a chance to explain ... yes, I'd have to say there's something about Thawne that over-rides his usual ability to see the good in people.

And Nora ... Nora is basically a good person trying to do good, no matter what Thawne's motives are or were.

The whole episode of course is themed around secrets and the dangers of keeping them. Even the subplot with Cisco, Ralph, and Kamilla fit in with the theme, as Ralph correctly noted that it's very difficult to keep worlds separate.

BANNED

perhaps it also was a measure of his frustration that almost every speedster from other world/timeline whom he has trusted has turned out to be manipulating him or plain lying. that would make him feel unsympathetic towards Nora's actions and morever he must be feeling doubts about her and imagining whether it's not eobard in her guise. after all he did say that he would return wearing a new face.

Barry throwing Nora into the pipeline is consistent with Barry throwing pretty much everyone into the pipeline. He'd toss Iris in there, too, if he was so willing. Hell, he's even put himself in there. At least we know from Elseworlds that it has a toilet.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I had hoped that Adult Grace was kid Grace with her powers aging her, forcing Team Flash to struggle to contain a dangerous villain who didn't understand the consequences of her actions.
    I was thinking along the same lines, except Adult Grace was an astral projection of kid Grace.

Shazam; way to promote the movie.

I love every time Joe referred the Time Sphere as a giant hamster ball.

Incredible Member

Why didn’t grace just go back in time and stop her parents death?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Is that clock in Thawne's cell supposed to be how much time he has left before he ceases to exist? I kinda thought the whole point of him manipulating Nora was to escape whatever fate that clock is counting down too.

Was anyone else really annoyed at Sherloque here? Nora was literally just about to tell everyone about Thawne, and Sherloque just barges in to make the big reveal. Honestly, that made me hate him even more than I already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Why didn’t grace just go back in time and stop her parents death?
    A good question. Did she just plain not think of it? Or was she told it'd interfere with the timeline too much?
    Was anyone else really annoyed at Sherloque here? Nora was literally just about to tell everyone about Thawne, and Sherloque just barges in to make the big reveal. Honestly, that made me hate him even more than I already do.
    Yes, I was annoyed at Sherloque, too. But I guess the moral lesson this episode tells us about secrets is: If you take too long to reveal a secret, eventually you'll lose the opportunity to reveal it on your own terms. And eventually someone WILL find out the secret whether you want them to or not.