Page 698 of 827 FirstFirst ... 198598648688694695696697698699700701702708748798 ... LastLast
Results 10,456 to 10,470 of 12392

I hope Nora won't appear again (off course she will).
    Absolutely hated the character since Day 1 and felt 0 sympathy for her.

And I bet a 100% that she is gonna free Thawne now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A good ep. Nobody acted stupidly, except Barry being a dick to Nora. Was Thawne actually trying to redeem himself with helping Nora before whatever happens when that clock winds day. He seems to be saying he will die then.
    Barry was wrong, and pretty much everyone saw he was acting out of anger. Iris was wrong to not tell Nora who she was when she was an adult. As a child I understand, but she had no right to decide for adult Nora.
    I'm pretty sure the countdown clock is the time until his execution.

I honestly wonder if, finally facing his death, he really has had a change of heart and wants to die helping create a new Flash.

That being said, I'm waiting for him to screw over Nora. Or Barry. Probably both.

Sidenote- how does this Thawne still exist, anyway? Eddie killed himself to erase Thawne from existence. The whole second season of Legends was Thawne trying to get the spear to prevent him getting erased, and in the end he was killed by the Black Flash. Crisis on Earth-X- okay, another time remnant, but eventually he'd fade away, I'd imagine. So why is THIS Thawne still there?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I read an interview earlier where I think it was The Flash's show runner was saying that they were ignoring what Arrow was doing in the future to tell their own story. And I think therein lies the problem.
    I'd like to see the citation for this. But let's say its 100% legit: good. Their are too many things to juggle on ONE show without trying to keep up with another show that has its own things that it's trying to juggle. Problems or discrepancies should be handled or explained away in a crossover.

I remember Knots Landing famously tried to do this with its parent show Dallas, having people mention Bobby Ewing's death and such...until Dallas decided the lone season without Bobby was the dream season. Oops.

Things can change on a dime with one show for any number of reasons for another show altogether to try and keep up AND tell it's own overarching storyline. Again, its something for the yearly crossover IMO.

This is the best ep of Flash I've seen in a long while. For the first time in a long time (if not ever) I've seen Barry as a flawed human being and I loved it. He has a major blind side, MAJOR, regarding his mother's death that he probably should get help for. I understood why he shunned Nora, but was it more what Nora did or because it involved Thawne, the man who killed his mother? If he can take off the blinders he'll remember how seductive Thawne was and just like he fell for it his daughter did.

An interesting grey area and I love it, something I didn't think this show was capable of. I'm guessing Nora, out of feeling alone and betrayed and/or plain ol' revenge will free Thawne before the countdown finishes. Thawne is the villain of this show until the show has run its course after all.

Have they explained why Thawne in the future looks like Harrison Wells? I thought he went back to his real look based on his Legends appearances. Any excuse to see Tom Cavanaugh playing someone other than the utterly stupid and annoying Sherloque is good but it doesn't make sense unless I'm forgetting something.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Tom Cavanaugh is playing Eobard Thawne for the simple reason, The BUDGET!
    That being said Cavanaugh as usual is killing it. Thawne is a much better role for him then Sherloque Wells.
    Where is Matt Letscher? On another TV series.
    Here is a link to an article about this subject.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019...lls-the-flash/

I was watching a clip on Youtube of the episode in Season 2 when Barry had to travel back to season 1 to get Thawne's help in getting faster, and a problem I'm having with Barry in this season suddenly became clear. Barry is pissed at Nora for working with Thawne, even after she learned about what he did to Barry and her Grandmother.

BUT

Barry worked with Thawne at the end of Season 1 (yes, at the time to save his mother, but he still did). He worked with him AGAIN in Season 2- once because he had to to save Cisco, but once just to learn how to get faster. And then he worked with him AGAIN this season to trap Cicada.

Meanwhile, Nora literally JUST LEARNED about what Thawne did to her family, and is only working with him now to stop Cicada, which is a problem that she has caused by going into the past in the first place.

So it feels like Barry is acting wildly out of character at worst, and acting like a hypocrite at best.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is Zara's future that outlaws religion still around? That might top it.

I swear to God, it's like the CW shows want add together the worst angst of Nu52, and Days of Future Past
    We know comic book companies love dystopian futures storylines; no matter how much the fans are sick of them.

I'm pretty sure the countdown clock is the time until his execution.
    I've been thinking about what Thawne said about having not much time left on 'this Earth.'

We know the Arrowverse has the multiverse and different Earths. Makes me wonder if he's going to escape to another Earth.

I can't believe no one mention that Nora's partner has the same name as Earth-9's Flash.

I did like the homages: Dayton, Ollins, Stagg, Coast City Bug and Byte, Choi . . . Is Captain Fyre (hoped I spelled that right) name an homage as well? My favorite homage (plus My Mom's) is Gambi & Sons. I am very happy that Gambi's legacy lives on.

I am disappointed that there were no Legion of Superheroes cameos; I was looking forward to that ever since they mentioned Lightning Lad.
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 04-21-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Thawne put on Well's face for old times sake in Crisis on Earth X and apparently decided to keep it.

I am glad however. Prefer Cavanaugh over Lescher.

Mighty Member

I prefer Letscher, I think he does a great job as the Reverse Flash
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 04-21-2019 at 05:04 PM.

I was watching a clip on Youtube of the episode in Season 2 when Barry had to travel back to season 1 to get Thawne's help in getting faster, and a problem I'm having with Barry in this season suddenly became clear. Barry is pissed at Nora for working with Thawne, even after she learned about what he did to Barry and her Grandmother.

BUT

Barry worked with Thawne at the end of Season 1 (yes, at the time to save his mother, but he still did). He worked with him AGAIN in Season 2- once because he had to to save Cisco, but once just to learn how to get faster. And then he worked with him AGAIN this season to trap Cicada.

Meanwhile, Nora literally JUST LEARNED about what Thawne did to her family, and is only working with him now to stop Cicada, which is a problem that she has caused by going into the past in the first place.

So it feels like Barry is acting wildly out of character at worst, and acting like a hypocrite at best.
    I can understand how Barry feels that he is allowed to work with the killer of his mother, because she was his mother, that it's his decision to forgive him, and all that jazz. However, you would think he wouldn't be too anti-Thawne after doing all of the stuff that you posted, in addition to letting him get away during the Crisis on Earth X crossover. If that Thawne who bailed during the crossover is the one that Nora meets in her time, then isn't that technically Barry's fault?

Yeah, it's silly that Nora would even take advice from a guy trapped behind a glass in a supermax prison, but she didn't know what he did then, and was moved to forgive him when her father said that people deserve a second chance. Honestly, this whole situation needed them seated at a table to have an adult conversation; which would have been the most un-Arrowverse thing-to-do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Thawne put on Well's face for old times sake in Crisis on Earth X and apparently decided to keep it.

I am glad however. Prefer Cavanaugh over Lescher.
    Both actors are neck and neck for me, but Cavanaugh edges out slightly.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Was that...Hugo Strange as Godspeed? I liked seeing Nora's life in 2049. I was hoping there would be more to her becoming XS, but it makes sense how fast it was given that Iris didn't want her to know about her powers and she had to learn so much from Barry.

Interesting that this season both Iris and Felicity got the older person future make-up treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Does anyone else find it amusing though that Sarah Parker Kennedy (Nora) is actually six years older than Grant Gustin (Flash)? She might be a horrible actress but to be 35 and still look like a teen is some really great genes.
    True, but Grant Gustin looks like he's not old enough to buy a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    It's almost as if Barry's entire generation vanished. No surviving Team Flash members, no Team Arrow members (in Nora's future). No JLA-ish teams where people like Nora might find a heroic guide to their powers.
    So not just Barry, but Wally, Jay, and Jesse all vanished in the crisis? Heavy.

Sidenote- how does this Thawne still exist, anyway? Eddie killed himself to erase Thawne from existence. The whole second season of Legends was Thawne trying to get the spear to prevent him getting erased, and in the end he was killed by the Black Flash. Crisis on Earth-X- okay, another time remnant, but eventually he'd fade away, I'd imagine. So why is THIS Thawne still there?
    Maybe the Crisis somehow fractured reality, and when it was repaired, Thawne re-materialized?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Was that...Hugo Strange as Godspeed?
    I think that was Dr. George Huang. Or maybe Dr. Henry Wu

Interesting that this season both Iris and Felicity got the older person future make-up treatment.
    Ava Sharpe and Sara Lance too.

Ultimate Member

"I can't trust her, Thawne is using her! So, the natural thing to do is to leave her in a future with him in it! Alone."

Mighty Member

Poor Caitlin's going to end up in a meta human brawl with her mom.