Page 700 of 706 FirstFirst ... 200600650690696697698699700701702703704 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 10590

Thread: The FLASH

  1. #10486
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    you must hate this season then since she is the focus of the whole season.

  2. #10487
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    I hate to say it but the Nora actress is so unconvincing. Independent of plot, she just isn't that good. Every time she says: DAAAAD - I just cringe.

    As I said before, the made up science each episode is getting silly. I wonder when Barry and the wife decide it's make a Nora day. So is grown up Nora going to hang around to see Baby Nora? Baby sit herself. DBZ has two Trunks all the time.

  3. #10488
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    you must hate this season then since she is the focus of the whole season.
    In retrospect, yes, I think I do, even though I liked many individual things about it.

    And yeah, the whole time travel problem is ignored too. Nora CAN't just stay in the present forever.

  4. #10489
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    And yeah, the whole time travel problem is ignored too. Nora CAN't just stay in the present forever.
    Spoilers for a certain *very* popular movie in theaters right now:

    spoilers:
    AVENGERS: ENDGAME plays all kind of havoc with this concept. Time-travel seemingly works differently in the MCU than it does in THE FLASH franchise. Steve Rogers/Captain America does something reminiscent of what Nora does at the end of the film.
    end of spoilers

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  5. #10490
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    I liked how Ralph was the only one to discover what the Reverse Flash was up to.

  6. #10491
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I liked how Ralph was the only one to discover what the Reverse Flash was up to.
    That was something. I was really hoping the rest of the team would've given him the time of day. Also I know it was done so we could have a fight scene but I thought it was weird that nobody brought metacuffs to CCPD.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

  7. #10492
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    So Thawne had the dagger under his vest the whole time? And I'm guessing all the times he got zapped, it just charged the dagger.

    Though, if you're the warden and you pull off a condemned prisoner's power dampening vest, and see a big freaking dagger, I'd lunge to get the weapon away from the homicidal mass murderer.

  8. #10493
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Thawne had the dagger under his vest the whole time? And I'm guessing all the times he got zapped, it just charged the dagger.

    Though, if you're the warden and you pull off a condemned prisoner's power dampening vest, and see a big freaking dagger, I'd lunge to get the weapon away from the homicidal mass murderer.
    Huh? The dagger dampens powers. Why would they need to get it away from him, hands being tied and all, when that is the one thing actually keeping him there...?

  9. #10494
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,804

    Default

    Well, it wasn't exactly surprising that Thawne is still a scheming bastard, but nevertheless, I didn't expect THAT.

  10. #10495
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    this episode proves that Ralph is the better detective than Barry as he was able to work out thawnes endgame when Barry didn't even though barry has the greater experience with thawne or maybe its just that Barry can't act in a rationale
    manner when it comes to reverse flash. It does however lead to questions like why future iron heights is using the dagger instead of the tech behind meta cuffs or how they managed to get their hands on the dagger in the first place when cicada was never apprehended. perhaps before his death in the past the future cicada revised his priorities after the crisis and donated his dagger anonymously to the authorities before disappearing.

  11. #10496
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    I know time travel has wonky rules, but please tell me that next week we don't see Thawne still in Iron Heights with the dagger suddenly vanishing in 2049 as if the changes didn't take effect until that minute.

  12. #10497
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I liked how Ralph was the only one to discover what the Reverse Flash was up to.
    Me too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I know time travel has wonky rules, but please tell me that next week we don't see Thawne still in Iron Heights with the dagger suddenly vanishing in 2049 as if the changes didn't take effect until that minute.
    I just hope something good comes out of this mess. Like Nora getting a younger brother named after Joe West. That way she'll have a friend, and someone who maybe she'll listen too.

  13. #10498
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,659

    Default

    I really think this whole season would have worked better if they had cast a much younger woman as Nora. I am talking making her 16 or 17 tops. At least that way all her stupidity and tantrums could just be blamed on her being young.

  14. #10499
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Huh? The dagger dampens powers. Why would they need to get it away from him, hands being tied and all, when that is the one thing actually keeping him there...?
    I actually forgot the dagger dampens powers. That being said, his arms were only restrained when they took him out of the cell. I'm guessing the vest stopped him from pulling out the dagger and shanking the first guard to come in.

  15. #10500
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    I'm glad they were able to go bigger in these last few episodes with putting all the metahumans in danger and throwing in Sherloque's love interest as well (guessing they're going to write him off as they both find a new life on another Earth somewhere), but Cicada and Shecada have been the weakest Big Bads of the series. She's barely a match for Killer Frost, and Ralph could've taken her out fairly easily if he didn't try to match her blade for blade.

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    this episode proves that Ralph is the better detective than Barry as he was able to work out thawnes endgame when Barry didn't even though barry has the greater experience with thawne or maybe its just that Barry can't act in a rationale
    manner when it comes to reverse flash.
    Barry has always been more of an investigator/point out clues kind of guy than a detective, which is where Ralph's expertise is. I feel like he's been overshadowed by Sherloque this whole season, but him wrapping his head around the time logic was a great moment for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •