Page 710 of 827 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710711712713714720760810 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 12392

I like how Barry and Iris each were dealing with Nora being gone in their own way. Sendhil Ramamurthy's character has a nice parallel story with Barry, what with his mother issues and all.

Not sure I like the idea of Killer Frost needing to live a life...but I do like the idea of Ralph looking for Sue!

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    And I just don't understand why Cisco and Caitlin are STILL on the show?? They serve no purpose anymore. They have already helped Barry become all he can be so what is the point.
    Cisco constantly has to study, repair, and modify tech and Caitlin often analyzes a new meta's biology or provides medical input when someone is injured.

BANNED

The appearance of the Monitor sprouting the same stuff he said to Ollie indicates either that Ollie's deal hasn't changed anything or he is purposefully misleading/keeping Barry in the dark for some reason. The Monitor is way more ambivalent grey character than the comic counterpart in CW. I wonder if Bloodworks advent will cause a split in the team. Due to the losses suffered I could see Iris, Cisco and Wally(if he is involved) siding with him so that they can bring back their lost loved ones/ prevent others from suffering the losses they suffered whereas Caitlin, Barry and Ralph may oppose it for various reasons.

If Monitor makes similar speeches like he made to Ollie and Barry, to Kara and Sara, then he'll seem like to me some futuristic version of one of the angels from Touched By An Angel. And that his "job" is to ease heroes into accepting the fact they'll die in some grand battle. We'll see though.

Astonishing Member

The episode rivaled the best Star Trek for pulling science babble out of thin air. What was with the song during Flash's being inserted into the Black Hole. Wasn't exactly one to make you tap your foot and sing along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The episode rivaled the best Star Trek for pulling science babble out of thin air. What was with the song during Flash's being inserted into the Black Hole. Wasn't exactly one to make you tap your foot and sing along.
    You've never seen Flash Gordon? Queen did the entire soundtrack. At least checkout the football scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Just a sidenote: Flash Gordon didn't have super speed nor was he a police commissioner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just a sidenote: Flash Gordon didn't have super speed nor was he a police commissioner.
    You mean to say he isn't the fastest cop alive who strikes terror in the heart of criminals by giving them super speed wedgies?

Astonishing Member

I tried to repress that Flash Gordon movie. The BW serial was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    The appearance of the Monitor sprouting the same stuff he said to Ollie indicates either that Ollie's deal hasn't changed anything or he is purposefully misleading/keeping Barry in the dark for some reason.
    At the very least, the time table has changed (in that the date where Flash disappears happens a couple years earlier). I wonder if we will get a concrete reason why. It could've been Ollie's deal or Nora traveling back in time or anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If Monitor makes similar speeches like he made to Ollie and Barry, to Kara and Sara, then he'll seem like to me some futuristic version of one of the angels from Touched By An Angel. And that his "job" is to ease heroes into accepting the fact they'll die in some grand battle. We'll see though.
    I'm getting the impression that the Monitor knows that to save an Earth, the heroes have to be willing to make the hard choices and sacrifice themselves and that's why other Earths haven't been able to pass his tests. In the crossover last year, Oliver said to him, "I don't think you're testing us to see if we're strong enough. I think you're testing us to see if we're good enough." So if it seems like the Monitor is trying to attack the heroes, it might be him trying to toughen them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe not, but he was created before DC's Flash was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Perhaps Earth-38 doesn't survive or gets merged into Earth-1 and Monitor knows this so there is no point in talking to Kara. Two episodes in and nothing has been mentioned about Crisis on Supergirl even though the
    crossover starts with Supergirl and we don't get Flash until the third part and Arrow next year.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 10-14-2019 at 04:14 AM.

JWS is the perfect Jay Garrick and I love when he appears. With that being said this show continually under uses him.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

Almost got teary eyed when Barry saw his mom's doppelganger.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Kind of wondering if post-Crisis will merge worlds so that Jay and Joan are Barry's parents.

BANNED

The homage that classic panel in COIE was nice and ominously foreshadowed what's to come. Bloodwork didn't seem to have much to do but the zombie rising moment did push the plot further a bit. I liked that Joan was finally showcased but she gave off a weird vibe somewhat. The killer frost arc doesn't impress me much not does Cisco.

Always great to see something of John Wesley Shipp.

Villain was forgettable, but I'm curious to see how Allegra will fit in.