Page 711 of 827 FirstFirst ... 211611661701707708709710711712713714715721761811 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,665 of 12392
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Funny thing about the Crisis homage scene, they actually already did a fuller one in the S2 finale with the time remnant Flash destroying Zoom's machine.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Funny thing about the Crisis homage scene, they actually already did a fuller one in the S2 finale with the time remnant Flash destroying Zoom's machine.
    They also did a homage to the Crisis cover of Superman holding Kara's body in the Season 2 premier of Supergirl. I doubt the writers ever really thought that they'd be allowed to do something as massive as Crisis, so they threw those homages in early and often. And really, who could blame them?

Ralph mentioning his mom dated a trapeze artist is a nod to Boston Brand aka Deadman I'm guessing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ralph mentioning his mom dated a trapeze artist is a nod to Boston Brand aka Deadman I'm guessing.
    It could be John Grayson instead.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So Ultraviolet was taken by a secret government organization and trained as an assassin. As someone who doesn't watch Black Lightening, was this an allusion to the ASA?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

M3h, if they wanted to connect em maybe, I just took as random ass shady alphabet agency on a TV show #247

I know it might not make sense, and I am not going to go back and freeze-frame it, but I swear the guy had a lapel pin that looked like a SPYRAL...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know it might not make sense, and I am not going to go back and freeze-frame it, but I swear the guy had a lapel pin that looked like a SPYRAL...
    I just watched the episode. He did.

Man, this episode was tough on Barry. Nice acting on Grant's part, though. Even if he should've, well, strategized when fighting Ultraviolet rather than just running at her, at least he did it to show he is going to face his problems head on, as it were.

I like the direction they are going with Cecile. They needed something like this seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Kind of wondering if post-Crisis will merge worlds so that Jay and Joan are Barry's parents.
    That would be odd. But if they do merge, they could have Jay as a previous generation Flash and keep him retired in present day.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That would be odd. But if they do merge, they could have Jay as a previous generation Flash and keep him retired in present day.
    They could do that, too, but would Barry's parents still look exactly like them?

My preference is Jay being a retired mentor, but then I prefer Wally to Barry, too. I was a Flash reader during the 90s...

(That said, pretty much every depiction of live-action Barry has been an amalgam of him and Wally's characteristics.)

Astonishing Member

Stupor science again. Run into antimatter and you become pure gamma rays - you don't a booboo.

Mach 2 is all you need to go back in time. I guess there are lot of F-104s fighting pterodactyls.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

Mach 2 is all you need to go back in time. I guess there are lot of F-104s fighting pterodactyls.
    Oh yeah. I really don't get this Mach 2 fetish that the writers have. Like, do they enjoy the sound of it?

Barry has travelled so much fucking faster than that. Even faster than 1/80 of Lightspeed, like it was claimed later was his top speed. Need I remind them on "Flashtime"?

Astonishing Member

Barry again demonstrated FAILURE to USE POWERS (FUP). If he could travel at 1/80 the speed of light, no way he couldn't have gotten to Ultraviolet, who wasn't a speedster. Oh, well.

The cops - red shirt disease - throwing haymakers. Knowing decently trained police, she would be shot to pieces even with her normal speed acrobatics.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I've largely enjoyed these first two episodes. There's been solid and fun stuff done with the supporting cast and having Crisis hanging over him has given Barry an arc this season that doesn't revolve around him being an ass. And, yeah, Chunk!

The Flash writers can't not self-sabotage, though, so they've obviously thrown in another awful Big Bad. I already don't give a damn about Bloodwork (whoever the hell that is) and I was super duper irritated with the basic idea that the dude basically found a cure for cancer and Caitlyn dismissed him because the cure might make that person a metahuman and they wouldn't have a choice for some unknown reason. How bloody stupid is that?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I've largely enjoyed these first two episodes. There's been solid and fun stuff done with the supporting cast and having Crisis hanging over him has given Barry an arc this season that doesn't revolve around him being an ass. And, yeah, Chunk!

The Flash writers can't not self-sabotage, though, so they've obviously thrown in another awful Big Bad. I already don't give a damn about Bloodwork (whoever the hell that is) and I was super duper irritated with the basic idea that the dude basically found a cure for cancer and Caitlyn dismissed him because the cure might make that person a metahuman and they wouldn't have a choice for some unknown reason. How bloody stupid is that?
    Yeah, that was crazy. Like, I don't know, maybe you just have the patient make their own decision as to whether the risk is worth the reward? She hangs out with metahumans all day and it's not like she thinks Barry would have been better off having died in the accident than become the Flash.