Page 713 of 827 FirstFirst ... 213613663703709710711712713714715716717723763813 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,695 of 12392

They are really telegraphing Sue's upcoming appearance with Ralph's talk of love, etc. I wonder what her deal with be? There's gonna be some kind of wrinkle to them getting together.

I have to admit, this Bloodguy isn't really so interesting to me - the Crisis stuff, Frost, Ralph and even new Wells are more interesting to me at the moment. No idea where they're going with UV-rad girl, I almost forgot about her - not so interested in that story either at the moment, but we'll see where they go with it.

Ralph's mom joins the list of hot Arrowverse moms, although her being a career criminal (albeit never convicted) made me wonder how Ralph ended up on the police force. I really couldn't get it out of my mind how she seemed more like Eel O'Brien's mom.

Barry and Ramsay finally meet and it becomes more and more clear what similarities and parallels there are between them. Both are scientists, both have dead mom issues, and both feel like they're walking on borrowed time. The only difference is a matter of acceptance of their fates and how far they're willing to go to change it.

Is that the first time they've explicitly mentioned Ted Kord? Not Kord Industries?

The one time Barry immediately tries to meta-cuff a bad guy, he gets thrown like a ragdool. The Flash just can't win sometimes...

"Nash" Wells seems like a mix of Indiana Jones and Mythbusters. I guess he's "adventure" Wells. It'll be interesting to see what his dynamic is with Team Flash given he doesn't seem like much of a team player or somebody who would sit in a meeting room for five minutes. And what exactly is Eternium? Is it connected to Ramsay's work? Why was he so fixated on Iris?

You do kind of have to wonder how much major stuff Iris has not reported on because it would have made things more complicated for Team Flash. Like, does the general public need to know there have been 4 different Harrison Wells' on their Earth in the past few years? Or that the Harrison Wells people generally think of wasn't Harrison Wells at all?

I've seen a mom lie to a child about their father leaving them, but never about her subsequent string of boyfriends. Considering the propensity for absentee fathers to make a return on these kinds of shows, I wonder if Ralph's dad will be connected to the Sue mystery they keep building up.

Ah, our first STAR Labs break in of the season .

Does Killer Frost have access to Caitlin's science knowledge? That plan to defeat the dark matter zombie seemed more like something Caitlin would have come up with, and for a second I wondered if Frost had reverted to Caitlin for a second.

So did Ralph's mom report on her ex-boyfriend, or is she still going to jail? I guess since Ralph knows he's alive now she doesn't have to cover for him anymore. Cecile would obviously report it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

She had an alibi, so no jail for her.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ralph's mom joins the list of hot Arrowverse moms,
    I believe Felicity's mom has that honor if I had to pick from that exquisite group, but Ralph's madre is indeed a cutie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I believe Felicity's mom has that honor if I had to pick from that exquisite group, but Ralph's madre is indeed a cutie.
    Have you seen "Drive Angry?" You should see "Drive Angry." Or part of it at least... (and hey, Ghost Rider and Mera teamup)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Have you seen "Drive Angry?" You should see "Drive Angry." Or part of it at least... (and hey, Ghost Rider and Mera teamup)
    Heh. Yes, I have seen it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Will be interesting to see how Nash Wells reacts to Monitor. A deity of the DC Universe and all.

And could the "eternium" thing be connected to Iris potentially being pregnant?

Mighty Member

Without a doubt, the one thing that all the Wells doppelgangers have in common is that there full of secrets.

The greatest thing The Flash as a show has ever done was casting Jesse L. Martin. The man is a phenomenal actor, and I'm so glad he's still on the show.

Anyone else get a flashback to, of all things, Prometheus, when Nash Wells did the hologram thing in the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anyone else get a flashback to, of all things, Prometheus, when Nash Wells did the hologram thing in the tunnel?
    I got a flashback to Cisco vibing Wells walking through the wall into the Gideon chamber. (Even though I'm not sure that actually happened)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Soooo...the Flash continues to be utterly ineffective at saving a single person while everyone pays lip service to the countless people he's saved. Presumably offscreen, because he never succeeds at anything until the season finale.

I get that the hero can't save EVERYONE, but was it too much to ask that he found a way to save the doctor who was Bloodwork's colleague at the end? Like, one guy among the countless people that Bloodwork killed, something to make us believe that Barry made a difference (other than, you know, escalating Bloodwork's murder spree with the failed cure).

This season is pretty morbid so far.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    This season is pretty morbid so far.
    I was thinking the same thing, but it really can't be helped at the moment. I can only hope that, post-Crisis, we get some fun stories. Maybe start re-introducing a new group of Rogues for Barry to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but it really can't be helped at the moment. I can only hope that, post-Crisis, we get some fun stories. Maybe start re-introducing a new group of Rogues for Barry to fight.
    I mean, inevitably it's going to be a little morbid because Flash is racing toward his death and that's understandable. The thing I don't get is why Barry can't have some small victories leading up to the big one. He doesn't have to save EVERYONE Bloodwork threatens, but one or two would at least establish that Barry is, in fact, a competent hero. This was a big problem with the Thinker season, too--he never saved any of the body-snatching victims except Ralph. If Barry were an athlete, his contract is not getting renewed, because his stats are #$% dismal.

ARROW generally does a better job with balancing the smaller victories against the increasingly threatening shadow of the big bad.

Basically, I really like Barry because he's a very optimistic guy and I can see all the things he's trying to accomplish. But if I actually lived in Central City, I think I'd be unimpressed, because I'm pretty sure the only people he ever actually saves are related to him or work for STAR Labs.

I don't know, I just have to assume he saves A LOT of people offscreen, otherwise the public adulation is unearned.

"You may be faster than the speed of sound, Barry, but you're no match for someone who knows where the carotid artery is! BWA-HA-HA!"
    Last edited by David Walton; 10-30-2019 at 06:49 AM.

He can run at close to light speed, but can't grab the hand of a monologing villain? Just stands there with a deer in the headlights look. Then when the Dr. is cut, he doesn't have Frost stop the bleeding, he just does the cliche "stay with me" crap and lets the villain get away. He really is bad at this hero stuff.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!