Page 723 of 827 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Only problem is that this makes the headline and other stuff confusing. Even if you assume that the story in the paper was about the Earth-90 Flash it still doesn't explain where Barry was during XS' childhood. The show implied that Earth-1 was the Flash in the article from Episode 1 and this was why XS grew up never knowing him.

I'd have rather they used Marv Wolfman's plot device and implied our Barry was able to leave the treadmill for the remainder of his show but was always fated to return to this moment to complete the run leading to his death.
    Maybe it'll make more sense when Thawne shows up.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Easy answer. The actions of the present negate the newspaper and everything that was slated to happen in the future.

Done.

BANNED

It would be funny if the news article changes to proclaim that the flash vanished during the great multiverse race of flashes and he actually becomes a god of the speed force or its guardian akin to Oliver becoming the Spectre when Grant Gustin wants out of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So. A Flash vanished in Crisis. But not THE Flash. Cool plotting or cop out?
    Probably the only time that I have teared up watching any television show. That is the Flash that I grew up with and JWS is amazing. I wish he would not have died, but he went out in an epic way. I grew up with the 90's flash so he will always be MY Flash.

This would never happen but I would love some type of, “Earth 90” Elseworlds comic that picks up after the cancelled TV show and that would take us to this point on Crisis.

As a whole this crossover is definitely living up to everything it was hyped to be. My goodness the music is outstanding and all the iconic nods to different themes is a nice touch as well.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Probably the only time that I have teared up watching any television show. That is the Flash that I grew up with and JWS is amazing. I wish he would not have died, but he went out in an epic way. I grew up with the 90's flash so he will always be MY Flash.

This would never happen but I would love some type of, “Earth 90” Elseworlds comic that picks up after the cancelled TV show and that would take us to this point on Crisis.

As a whole this crossover is definitely living up to everything it was hyped to be. My goodness the music is outstanding and all the iconic nods to different themes is a nice touch as well.
    Because of the crossover, I just went back and watched the pilot for the 90's Flash. I hadn't seen it in so long, I only had vague memories.

It was actually pretty good, if you keep it in the context of a 90's comic book tv show. A lot of the effects don't really hold up, but the running was good, and Shipp was a great Flash. And I had completely forgot that there was an Iris on that show (I think they wrote her out by episode 2). And I like that the flashback clip they showed in the show came from the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Because of the crossover, I just went back and watched the pilot for the 90's Flash. I hadn't seen it in so long, I only had vague memories.

It was actually pretty good, if you keep it in the context of a 90's comic book tv show. A lot of the effects don't really hold up, but the running was good, and Shipp was a great Flash. And I had completely forgot that there was an Iris on that show (I think they wrote her out by episode 2). And I like that the flashback clip they showed in the show came from the pilot.
    Ah I was wondering what episode that scene was from. I usually rewatch 2-4 episodes of that series a year as I still love it. That suit is still my favorite live action suit.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

When it was announced that John Wesley Shipp was going to have a role in the Flash show, there was an argument among CBRers as to whether he would play Barry's father or whether he would be Jay Garrick. Turned out he played both -- plus also played the Flash that he had played in the 1990s. I'm not a big fan of the show these days, but the producers and writers get kudos (from me) for that!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Keiynan Lonsdale is returning as Wally in episode 14.

"After working on his inner life in Tibet, Wally West, aka Kid Flash, is back to help Team Flash against a familiar threat... but one with a very new face!" previews Wallace.
    I wonder if the "familiar threat with a new face" is Mirror Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Keiynan Lonsdale is returning as Wally in episode 14.

I wonder if the "familiar threat with a new face" is Mirror Master.
    Maybe Thawne will come back played by John Wesley Shipp for some reason. (they love giving him roles )

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The fact that the Moniter just waved his hand and turned Cisco back into Vibe makes the whole last season plot line of him getting rid of his powers even dumber now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The fact that the Moniter just waved his hand and turned Cisco back into Vibe makes the whole last season plot line of him getting rid of his powers even dumber now.
    I wonder if he'll still have his power post-crossover.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if he'll still have his power post-crossover.

Gawd I hope not. Been through enough seasons of sad sack emo Cisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The thing is, I got the impression all last season that Carlos was done with this show and they were writing him out, but then something happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this season that changed his mind and suddenly he still wanted to be on the show. And so this was them undoing what they did to write him out last season and bring back Vibe.

OR

Carlos agreed to come back through the crossover, but will either be killed off or written off the show by the end of the crossover, and bringing back Vibe is still ultimately a temporary measure.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Totally expected. It was handled well but i fully expected Earth 90 to be the Flash that died as soon as Crisis was announced.
    Part of me did think they were going to pull a switcheroo with Thawne, who was impersonating Barry at the time for whatever reason. Having it be the Flash of Earth-90 makes perfect sense. And if you think about it, Barry Allen was created in 1956 and died in Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1986. 30 Years. Flash of Earth 90, who debuted in 1990, died in 2019. 29 years. There's some nice symmetry in that.

This would never happen but I would love some type of, “Earth 90” Elseworlds comic that picks up after the cancelled TV show and that would take us to this point on Crisis..
    And includes his team-up with John Diggle Stewart/Green Lantern and the other Earth 90 heroes that were implied to have existed in Elseworlds.

Ah I was wondering what episode that scene was from. I usually rewatch 2-4 episodes of that series a year as I still love it. That suit is still my favorite live action suit.
    The padding is a little much for me, but it is better than Ezra Miller's suit.

Eric Wallace talks about the second half of season 6:

- We'll be seeing several old villains back with new looks/faces/powers.

- Jay and Joan Garrick are now on Earth-Prime.

- Cisco doesn't have his powers again, but is unsure if he's happy with that.

- Teased Dr. Light appearing, although they won't be adapting Identity Crisis.

- There's "construction" going on in Central City.