Page 743 of 827 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745746747753793 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Man Chester should take over the Elongted spot but Allegra doesn't work for me. What about Kamilla Hwang is she a regular or not?
    ...I completely forgot about Kamilla. It seems like she's basically a regular but I don't know if she's actually officially one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I've long since stopped watching the show but when I saw the news I was on Twitter and apparently that site is going ballistic over the news but not in the way you'd think. Most of the stuff is cheering his firing but saying they should fire Danielle Panabaker because she's racist too.

Again, I've stopped watching the show for years but say what? Never heard that before.
    I remember hearing something about people on Twitter calling for Katie McGrath on Supergirl to be fired because she was a racist. I think in some of these cases (like Danielle and Katie), it's people who either don't like the character, actor, or both trying to get them fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Still doesn't make it right and when you pushing a family oriented drama it makes it worse. What if Iris cheated on Barry on the show. Let that happen as a story line if they think it's ok to promote that. I have had my rant and wont broach the subject again. But anyone who think's adultery is ok should ask the many families affected by it.
    Sorry, but adultery will not draw any outrage from Hollywood. And having an extramarital affair is no where near as reprehensible as being a racist.

Astonishing Member

I like Allegra, maybe she can take Ralph's spot?

So apparently Mehcad Brooks noted on Twitter that he had received death threats for kissing Katie McGrath on the show, and then some idiots fans decided this meant that Katie was racist and should be fired.

People are stupid.

Astonishing Member

Bring in John Diggle and use the comic book GL/Flash relationship to replace the EM/Flash one. Eliminates unwanted actor. Brings in a well developed, fan favorite bit of diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Bring in John Diggle and use the comic book GL/Flash relationship to replace the EM/Flash one. Eliminates unwanted actor. Brings in a well developed, fan favorite bit of diversity.
    I wish Dr. Light wasn't a villain...

Spectacular Member

South Park was right: cancel culture is the worst thing we can do as a species.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    South Park was right: cancel culture is the worst thing we can do as a species.
    If you only judge people by their worst moments, no one is ever going to be worth admiring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish Dr. Light wasn't a villain...
    They can bring back Dr. Light, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That actor has to go, racism shouldn't be tolerated. And I agree with the thread, the cast should use more diversity.

All I got about Panabaker is a rando on twitter making vague accusations with no evidence and Iris fans hating her for supporting SnowBarry on Reddit.
    That's what I thought too. I couldn't find anything concrete and kind of stopped looking because I realized I was looking for stuff about a show I don't even care about anymore.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Outside of Panabaker and Gustin and the fired Hartley the rest of the main cast are all nonwhite. How much more do you want? I don't get this "the show needs more diversity" when when most of the cast is already pretty diverse.
    I agree with you Zero Hunter. The cast is pretty diverse. I'm not giving those clamoring for it about this show much credence.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Having finally read some of his tweets....damn, racism and misogyny are the least of that guy's problems! He sounds like a potential serial killer. Some of those tweets...yeah, if I were the cast of the Flash and read those, I'd be feeling lucky...very lucky he got the heave-ho. I won't say more about those tweets than that, but damn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Yes. This. Though...if he's set for his own HBO MAX series, I'd maybe only have some guest bits on Flash for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Adultery is not a reason for dismissal and not anywhere as bad as being racist and misogynistic like this. If they fired people for adult, no one in Hollywood would ever work again. What next, fire people for being Gay?
    To be fair, firing is what the showrunner says it is, subject to the law and her contract. But yeah, not nearly as serious as what Sawyer did, especially when you get into the really disturbing tweets. With him, I'd be worried about actual safety. With her, bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They can bring back Dr. Light, again.

I meant Kimiyo Hoshi, but still a villainous Dr. Light...who I only see coming back if the show ever bothers to address Linda again.