Page 8 of 827 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

The one problem with the pilot is that i's derative of Arrow.

spoilers:
    Hero gets into an accident and is far away from the supporting cast for an extended period of time.

Comes back from the accident as a superhero.

Girl he loves is dating the a guy with the name of a supervillain (who probably won't be the actual supervillain and instead be a blood relative).

Said girl has a detective dad who never appeared in the comics before.

He has a team behind of normal guys behind him helping him out. Hoepfully they never say "Team Flash" on the show.

Harrison Wells is probably Prof. Zoom, like BARROWMAN! was Merlyn.

For that reason I kinda hope they go the obvious route with Eddie. Thawn.
    end of spoilers

Other than that the pilot was great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think so. Harrison Wells (for H.G. Wells, the author of The Time Machine?) is obviously from the future (remember his speech : "the future is closer than you think") and he's probably Eobard Thawne in disguise. Eddie Thawne is a red herring and might be his ancestor.
    end of spoilers
    Bingo!!!!!

character limit
    Last edited by MichaelC; 06-26-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Kind of surprise how nonchalant some people are bout downloading the leaked pilot, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Im wondering if this was a leak or a 'leak'...as in deliberately let out to gauge interest
    thats not how these things work I can promis you.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Loved the spoilers:
    ripped-open cage labelled "Grodd"!!!
    end of spoilers
    Spoiler tags are your friend

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Kind of surprise how nonchalant some people are bout downloading the leaked pilot, but ok.

thats not how these things work I can promis you.
    Frankly I think they should release all pilots early. Give people a chance to judge them and decide which shows they will watch. I kinda wish that was how they would decide which shows went to series. Put them on line and let people vote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Frankly I think they should release all pilots early. Give people a chance to judge them and decide which shows they will watch. I kinda wish that was how they would decide which shows went to series. Put them on line and let people vote.
    Amazon did that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OABTCR9A5X8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX-DF...5JBLUq&index=1

Too bad that zombieland the series wasn't picked up
    Last edited by marshal99; 06-26-2014 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Amazon did that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OABTCR9A5X8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX-DF...5JBLUq&index=1

Too bad that zombieland the series wasn't picked up
    Meh you have to pay to watch shows on amazon though. Comcast has been releasing a select few new shows about amonth early each year. And yeah you pay for comcast but it' s not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    character limit
    MichaelC do you not know how to use spoiler tags? If not its like this [SPOIL] DARTHVADER IS LUKES FATHER [/ SPOIL] with out the gap between the backkwards slash and the s in spoil at the end.

I liked the pilot. The only thing bothering me was seeing the West's black. It's a really minor thing, and I'm sure both are great actors, but it just feels weird to me. spoilers:
    I'm also glad that the Weather Wizard in the show wasn't Mark. The reason being Rogues don't kill, and seeing Clyde was doing all the work and is now dead, leave Mark to take the place as Weather Wizard.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    As long as those same people watch the pilot in October to support the show, I think it's okay with anyone who downloads the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    I liked the pilot. The only thing bothering me was seeing the West's black. It's a really minor thing, and I'm sure both are great actors, but it just feels weird to me. spoilers:
    I'm also glad that the Weather Wizard in the show wasn't Mark. The reason being Rogues don't kill, and seeing Clyde was doing all the work and is now dead, leave Mark to take the place as Weather Wizard.
    end of spoilers

As long as those same people watch the pilot in October to support the show, I think it's okay with anyone who downloads the show.
    The guy playing detective west has been in a lot. And since Iris is black in the comics now (i think) I don' t have an issue. Though it does raise the question who do you cast for Bart now.

That almost seems sound, except what if a whole series doesn't go ahead, one that could improve past the pilot, and possibly a lot, but was turned down by public due to pilot.

But, if it's the democratic thing of it, what the people want, or do not, just saying that could be a risk if that approach was employed in the future.

Also, watched Flash premiere - still annoyed by Cisco and Caitlin and still not all that happy about Iris skin colour alteration, but the super speed was, at times, astounding, or breathtaking.

Fairly interesting coda, pre-credits, and one that got my Dad wondering a fair bit, like is that newspaper from the future, me saying it could be that he's in the past, while having a future paper archived. Or, maybe Barry was so important to him because of ensuring he's fast enough to save the universe in the Crises?

Villain got to be fun when in combat with the Flash, but look of powers were a bit goofy, I felt. Cameo from Oliver made sense, though I still have an uncomfortable feeling about that because of an episode near the end of Season 2. Was a nice boost for Barry though, and a nice scene between two heroes.

Am hoping Gotham and Constantine pilots end up out there somewhere soon.

The guy playing detective west has been in a lot. And since Iris is black in the comics now (i think) I don' t have an issue. Though it does raise the question who do you cast for Bart now.
    No she's white. However when Wally appeared she seems to be drawn with more a tan. It shouldn't be hard to get a Bart in the show, since we don't have one in the n52. Only Bar Torr.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    No she's white. However when Wally appeared she seems to be drawn with more a tan. It shouldn't be hard to get a Bart in the show, since we don't have one in the n52. Only Bar Torr.
    I mean with Iris being Black and Bart being her Grandson he has to be mixed.

BANNED

I feel people are making this a bigger issue than it needs to be

we live in a mixed multicultural world, I am a product of a mixed family..my mom and my sister are Puerto Rican but have very light skin, my dad is black and my stepmom is white

people are different colors, let's deal and move on