Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Oh, I'm gonna get so much hate for this...

Damian Wayne: He never won me over. He's alright with Dick, but alone he's an entitled, pretentious, unbearable little shit who continuously pisses me off. He shows up too much on every single New 52 movies and makes everything about him and his relationship with Bruce. Hey kids, blood bonds are what really matters to parents, too bad adoptive kids, isn't that a lovely message? Considering how Jason is my favorite, I hate the way Damian continuously demeans him and Tim.

Harper Row: Oh Harper... I didn't hate you, but the fact that the writers keep trying to make her super Robin while taking the spotlight from the actual Robins doesn't make me like her, just the opposite. I don't like when writers try to shove a character down my throat when I have no strong feelings towards her.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 02-11-2016 at 08:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

Damian Wayne: He never won me over. He's alright with Dick, but alone he's an entitled, pretentious, unbearable little shit who continuously pisses me off. He shows up too much on every single New 52 movies and makes everything about him and his relationship with Bruce. Hey kids, blood bonds are what really matters to parents, too bad adoptive kids, isn't that a lovely message? Considering how Jason is my favorite, I hate the way Damian continuously demeans him and Tim.

Harper Row: Oh Harper... I didn't hate you, but the fact that the writers keep trying to make her super Robin while taking the spotlight from the actual Robins doesn't make me like her, just the opposite. I don't like when writers try to shove a character down my throat when I have no strong feelings towards her.
    I know it's a hate thread and all but I'd like to respond to the part about blood and adoption. At any point have these new movies insinuated that being a blood son is more special.Does Damian and his maternal family believe it? yes but Bruce doesn't and neither do Alfred and Dick and that's all that matters. You saw how Bruce treated him in Batman vs Robin right? and it was Dick who reached out to Bruce in Bad Blood.
    Seeing these movies are ultimately about exploring Damian so yeah his relationship will get more exposure but it's not as if Dick's own relationship has never been explored outside comics,there's decades of material.

I dislike Harley and Black Mask,used to dislike Hush. Harper I dont like either but she's a character whom people hate for a time and eventually move on.

Characters that I don't want to hate but everything done with them makes me want to.
    1) New 52 Tim Drake; Pre-52 was fit nicely into the Bat mythos and worked his way up learning from Bruce and Dick while New-52 is an arrogant genius who gat his parents placed in witness protection and gets called the 2nd Greatest Detective despite most of his skills focusing on tech.
    2) Harper Row - I don't like the fact they are still adding kids to the Bat family that is already bloated and they no longer take the time to show why this character should be here but just have them do special Mary Sue things no one should do without years of elite training.

Characters that I find Meh:
    Duke Thomas - In endgame he was a normal kid swept up in a crisis and like the snap of a finger he is infiltrating Penguins facilities?
    MOTHER - a mustache twirling Diabolical fiend with a vast international networks who dabble in Eugenics is too much of a riff on Ra's Al Ghul, The Black Glove.

Extraordinary Member

The only character I really hate is Misfit (Charlotte Gage-Radcliffe). She was just super annoying. I hope that they don't bring her back.

Cass and Damian are imo ok characters, I just don't like their over the top showings (that imo violate the setting conventions of the Batman franchise) especially when it is on the expense of other characters. Especally in Damians case they should scale it back. He is just 10, there is no need for him to be allready perfect in everything and on the level of (or even above) the older Robins.

And there are some characters that are just find meh:
    - Kathy Kane (silverage Batwoman) no personality and no real motivation to fight crime, and probably just a comics code conform stand in for Catwoman as Bruce main love interest
    - Kate Kane (current Batwoman) I just can't warm up to her character, and she has real no connection to the Batfamily
    - Jean-Paul Valley, a completly boring Guy who occasionally becomes a super powered killer
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-11-2016 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

I agree with both of these. On Damian, I don’t get what people like about him. He’s a jerk.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Mr. Zsasz- just not interesting visually or as character (Dini had him going in the right direction, though)
    Some characters are tied to particular creators. I'm not sure any team other than Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle can do Zsasz right - but when they do him he's one of my favourites.