Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I know that line in the title got a lot of flack when it was published, but...it just fit him so well. Count me as a fan, too.
    I was actually going for something he did not say and it was: "Nobody can beat me!" The Superboy-Prime Appreciation Thread. I just thought it was cooler.

But i stick to what he said so is "I'll kill you to death!" cooler than "Nobody can beat me!"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    is "I'll kill you to death!" cooler than "Nobody can beat me!"?
    That's just it. Superboy-Prime isn't a "cool" villain, he's great because of how narmy his lines are.

I almost hate to say it, but he's my favorite version of Superboy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    That's just it. Superboy-Prime isn't a "cool" villain, he's great because of how narmy his lines are.

I almost hate to say it, but he's my favorite version of Superboy.
    I was referring to the lines, which one is cooler.

I love Superboy Prime, his totally cracked, over the top attitude was hilarious, coupled with his extraordinary power levels made him a very suspenseful read. Mattel made a pretty sweet figure of him relatively recently too:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    I love Superboy Prime, his totally cracked, over the top attitude was hilarious, coupled with his extraordinary power levels made him a very suspenseful read. Mattel made a pretty sweet figure of him relatively recently too:

That action figure looks cool though I want him to look angry.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    DC could have a hilarious new monthly feature: Superboy Prime's comics reviews.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Every month, Superboy picks on some detail, and beats the offending hero or villain (or creator) to within an inch of death. But before he can finish his brutal deed, a faceless arm reaches out from off-panel and offers Prime the latest issue of this month's showcase series. Comics being Prime's kryptonite, he must sit down and read it while his would-be victim escapes.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
    Every month, Superboy picks on some detail, and beats the offending hero or villain (or creator) to within an inch of death. But before he can finish his brutal deed, a faceless arm reaches out from off-panel and offers Prime the latest issue of this month's showcase series. Comics being Prime's kryptonite, he must sit down and read it while his would-be victim escapes.
    We could also have Barry Allen and Superboy Prime do a "Siskel and Ebert"-style review of a comic each month. Barry will always offer a "thumbs up" and enthuse about the comic, while Superboy Prime will invariably give a "thumbs down" and trash the book (literally, probably).

Last edited by Buried Alien; 05-09-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Considering how Superboy Prime responded to the Post-COIE DCU, one can only imagine how badly he'd take the New 52.

And if he found out Barry Allen had a hand in it.... Well there's a rematch that would be interesting, but almost one sided given that He never could beat a Flash.

That would be great, I want to read this now!

And to the appreciation:
    3175265-1015247873-12389.jpg

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    And if he found out Barry Allen had a hand in it.... Well there's a rematch that would be interesting, but almost one sided given that He never could beat a Flash.
    As long as they can have a comics debate while fighting.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

As long as they can have a comics debate while fighting.

Actually they'd be perfect as an opposing duo. Superboy Prime hates everything new and wants it to be "the way it was". Barry enjoyed the old comics (GA Flash), but he took them as inspiration and wasn't beholden to them (how SA Flash came about).

This should definitely replace that crappy news section in the back of the books.

Fantastic Member

Confirmed fan here. I love him for the reasons that he is hated. I actually thought his character development was superbly dealt out.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I really liked Superboy circa 1995....wish he was back.

BANNED

If Superboy Prime gets his own ongoing, I wish wish that he kills somebody on every issue. Hahahaha. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Confirmed fan here. I love him for the reasons that he is hated. I actually thought his character development was superbly dealt out.
    Awesome!

A Superboy Prime series would definitely be more fun than the one we currently have. He could end every issue by punching Pantha's head off!

reign154-1.jpg
    Last edited by The Odd Man; 05-10-2014 at 05:23 AM.