Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think Zero Year has gotten better and better every issue. The first issue of Savage City has been the best yet! (for me of course)

Quote Originally Posted by XFan View Post
    First I would like to say that I think the art and writing has been exceptional for this entire run. I have enjoyed a ton of what they have done and even the things that I wish were a little different I get past because they are still done well.

But! There is always a but. But in this case I am ready for this particular story to be over. The fact that it takes place five years prior to the current timeline and it is this HUGE story that so far no one in the present even thinks about bothers me. I don't want to be one of those guys but I can slowly feel it happening.

I still love this book though. Just sayin.
    I'm prettty sure Gordon & Bats were talking about Zero Year before the story even started in INC.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I'm prettty sure Gordon & Bats were talking about Zero Year before the story even started in INC.
    Bats and Gordon make mention of Zero Year in Inc. #13.

I dropped the Batman book from Zero Year fatigue. The colors were brilliant, but the book itself was dragging on too much for my liking. If it was shorter, I'd probably get more enjoyment.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I don't like flashbacks in the ongoing series, so i'm very happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    That doesn't mean that Zero Year was a bad project or a bad work, i'd rather put it in another book/s, leaving the main book in the present.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmv5010 View Post
    Bats and Gordon make mention of Zero Year in Inc. #13.
    I think someone else mentioned Zero Year in the regular Batman comic prior to Zero Year starting. Maybe Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I don't like flashbacks in the ongoing series, so i'm very happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    That doesn't mean that Zero Year was a bad project or a bad work, i'd rather put it in another book/s, leaving the main book in the present.
    Thankfully we have other Batman books to sate everyone's desire for present-day Batman.

For my interest to wane, I would need to actually have some to begin with. Unfortunately, this series has been filled with so many eye rolling, facepalming moments, that I would have to call it a guilty pleasure if I actually liked it.

The big Red Hood issue has been the only one I enjoyed from this arc.

I'm hoping this title will improve once we move to the present.

Zero Year has not been for me.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Yea, the Red Hood Gang part was great and the Doctor Death stuff was pretty cool, but since the Riddler arc has started I'm feeling like it's overstayed it's welcome. Just took a pretty ridiculous and overdone turn for the worse, and I'll be happy when it's over.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

I don't know if I'd say it's "waning." I'm still enjoying the story, but I am eager to see where Snyder and Capullo are going to take the book next after they go into the modern day.

It's a good enough story, but it suffers from the same problem as most of Snyder's works. It's just too long. I like 3-5 issue arcs and Snyder just runs much longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    It's a good enough story, but it suffers from the same problem as most of Snyder's works. It's just too long. I like 3-5 issue arcs and Snyder just runs much longer than that.
    The overall story is long, but I think it's doing a good job at making mini-arcs to make things more interesting. The first part was Bruce Wayne coming back and trying to fight crime using disguises. The second part is the closest thing to your pure Batman story with him chasing down leads for a big crime with this big storm looming in the background, and the third appears to be Batman fighting an arch-enemy in a post-apocalyptic version of Gotham.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    This book's comprised of three four issue arcs that take place during the same time period. So, in reality, that's exactly what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Kay View Post
    ... I think it's doing a good job at making mini-arcs to make things more interesting.
    I don't think there's enough separation between the mini arcs to separate them properly.

It just seems like one endless ongoing story.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

BANNED

Waning? It has so waned.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I don't think there's enough separation between the mini arcs to separate them properly.

It just seems like one endless ongoing story.
    12 issues is hardly endless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    12 issues is hardly endless.
    Plus the cross-overs...