Super Moderator

Default Kyle Higgins Takes "Batman Beyond" Into A Solo Finale

After the surprise twists brought by the Phantasm's return, DC's "Batman Beyond" series focuses back on Terry McGinnis for its epic finale.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Gotta say, I didn't mind the plot twist, but I hate its affect on Terry. He doesn't want to work with Bruce because Bruce MIGHT ruin his life? Because despite all they've been through so far, NOW Bruce can't be trusted? The reveal just doesn't seem big enough to result in that kind of reaction. I mean as far as screwing people over goes, being in a consensual relationship with a girl you had a crush on after you left for a long time is super light stuff. Bruce didn't even pursue Barbara. It wasn't his intention. It just kind of happen. If anything Dick seems immature because his response was/is, "but Bruce, I called dibs!" If Terry was going to start thinking, "Wow, maybe I should stay away from Bruce" it probably would have been after Return of the Joker. Even more so than that, it's an incredibly stupid reason to have him break up with Dana, because, unless there's more to it, Terry pretty much said: "You checked up on me because Bruce told you I might be feeling upset? Screw you, we're over! I don't need your "emotional support!" I'm Batman!" I like Melanie a lot. I think she's 1,000 time better than Dana, however, just because I like Emma Frost, doesn't mean Cyclops wasn't a dick for the things he pulled with Jean and Madyline Prior.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

It's okay, though. Terry was older in the Justice League Unlimited "epilogue" episode than he has been portrayed in this series, so we know this series precedes that episode and he goes back eventually and proposes to Dana.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Gotta say, I didn't mind the plot twist, but I hate its affect on Terry. He doesn't want to work with Bruce because Bruce MIGHT ruin his life? Because despite all they've been through so far, NOW Bruce can't be trusted? The reveal just doesn't seem big enough to result in that kind of reaction. I mean as far as screwing people over goes, being in a consensual relationship with a girl you had a crush on after you left for a long time is super light stuff. Bruce didn't even pursue Barbara. It wasn't his intention. It just kind of happen. If anything Dick seems immature because his response was/is, "but Bruce, I called dibs!" If Terry was going to start thinking, "Wow, maybe I should stay away from Bruce" it probably would have been after Return of the Joker. Even more so than that, it's an incredibly stupid reason to have him break up with Dana, because, unless there's more to it, Terry pretty much said: "You checked up on me because Bruce told you I might be feeling upset? Screw you, we're over! I don't need your "emotional support!" I'm Batman!" I like Melanie a lot. I think she's 1,000 time better than Dana, however, just because I like Emma Frost, doesn't mean Cyclops wasn't a dick for the things he pulled with Jean and Madyline Prior.

Think about it this way.

Your 'father' basically banged and dated your ex-girlfriend, who you are still hopelessly in love with and she still has some feelings for you. Then they broke up and she got back together with you but you never knew about the relationship until he told you that he got your current gf pregnant.

Yeah kind of does deserve the overreaction. Love isn't really logical.

Anyway I always liked Melanie or even Chelsea over Dana. Chelsea seems to have more personality than Dana did in the show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    It's okay, though. Terry was older in the Justice League Unlimited "epilogue" episode than he has been portrayed in this series, so we know this series precedes that episode and he goes back eventually and proposes to Dana.
    This is true

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Think about it this way.

Your 'father' basically banged and dated your ex-girlfriend, who you are still hopelessly in love with and she still has some feelings for you. Then they broke up and she got back together with you but you never knew about the relationship until he told you that he got your current gf pregnant.

Yeah kind of does deserve the overreaction. Love isn't really logical.

Anyway I always liked Melanie or even Chelsea over Dana. Chelsea seems to have more personality than Dana did in the show.
    I'm not blaming Dick for anything, it's a huge reveal for him. I still don't see how it is for Terry, or a reason for Terry's overreaction.

BANNED

my understanding is she wasn't trying to kill terry
    in the epilogue ep she was sent by waller to kill his parents in front of him
    so he would become another batman
    Waller having already taken care of the DNA part of the plan
    project batman beyond

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    my understanding is she wasn't trying to kill terry
    in the epilogue ep she was sent by waller to kill his parents in front of him
    so he would become another batman
    Waller having already taken care of the DNA part of the plan
    project batman beyond
    This is correct. Also, I may need to rewatch it, but wasn't it Barbara in the Phantasm costume in the JLU ep?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Is this the end of the Batman Beyond comic or just this iteration?

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This is correct. Also, I may need to rewatch it, but wasn't it Barbara in the Phantasm costume in the JLU ep?
    No, it was an older Andrea Beaumont. Same person as was in the movie.

BANNED

I thought Batman Beyond was selling okay.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Is this the end of the Batman Beyond comic or just this iteration?
    It's the end of the digital comic. Now that New52 has it's own Terry, it's plausible that they might launch something after Future's End, but probably not.

BANNED

Time for an ongoing Batman 666.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It's the end of the digital comic. Now that New52 has it's own Terry, it's plausible that they might launch something after Future's End, but probably not.
    And so the Timmverse officially dies.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

NO! Oh my gosh! This is the ABSOLUTE first and only comic I've ever followed. Now it is cancelled? Crap.

I really loved it from issue 1. I loved Vigilante, Batgirl Beyond, and then Kyle Higgns comes and, for some of it, tosses those to the side. I haven't seen anything after the Phastam arc, but solemnly looking forward to it.

What I loved most about this comic, besides it being DCAU and Batman Beyond, was that it didn't have any tie-ins with events like Future's End, Forever Evil, or Final Crisis. It was just post-Batman Beyond and Justice League Beyond.

I do hope they return to this series. They stirred the pot by doing those short mini-series and I think this series was a huge success.