Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Earth 2 Worlds End #1

Spoilers incoming,

Things start way before the final battle that we saw in Earth-2 #1. Basically Alan wanted to make the world better and financed Sloan's research of boom tubes. Sam is against it and eventually leaks that information to someone.
    We see Sloan observing Terrific. Nice callback to DC Universe Presents #0.
    The 9th dimensions. Steppenwolf, together with Fury, is preparing for invasion. They have Mister Miracle and Barda captured (remember when we first saw them they were running away and Fury was chasing them). Grundy is with them, supposedly avatars of this world were easy to seduce. Is this real reason why Green did nothing during the war and not the bullcrap that it said when Alan asked about it way back in Earth-2 #2 I think?
    Interesting bit, Steppenwolf seams to be more worried about Wonder Woman than Superman. It works in a sense that Wonder Woman was first superhero on Earth-2, but maybe she was stronger than her Earth-0 version too?
    Traveler, who is probably Sloan, gave up Earth-2 to save his own world. Works nicely with his constant "I'll do everything to save the world" motivation that he was going with.
    So, Sam leaked information to Accountable (Jimmy Olsen) but before he can do anything with it his "base" is invaded by Batman and Robin.
    Before Jimmy has enough time to show that Parademons are visible in the portal that Sloan is working on he makes a mistake and calls Batman by his name. Bruce not wanting to risk exposure immediately knocks him out and as we know from Earth-2 he gets put into stasis and never able to warn of whats coming.
    We see Lois at her work when invasion starts with Parademons invading biggest cities. This is when Lois dies.
    Catowman dies in a battle against Parademons. Amazons are also invaded.
    World Army is formed to repeal attacks but unknowing that Sloan is responsible for this in the first place they enlist his help which ends up with fire pits being opened as seen in Earth-2 #0.
    Trinity, Powergil and Robin meet in the Arkham prison (where stasis were). Batman interrogated Olsen, he was the one to give them the virus that they used to end the war.
    Its interesting. It is mentioned that WW and Batman were killed, but that Superman was taken while Robin and Supergirl were blown away into that forgettable WF series.
    Graysons survived the war. We see some panels with Jay and Mercury.
    Sloan gets mad that invasion was stopped and finds out that Sam leaked the information about his project.
    We see that Sloan was responsible for Aquawomans capture too and helped with Red Tornado becoming Lois. And train goes boom with Alan and Sam.
    We see a panel were Atom looses his arm, but art kinda fails here and it looks like Superman took his head, not arm.
    Eventually wee see recent event of Earth-2 series and Bizzaro Superman crumbling.
    So whats new?
    Flash is running around the world gathering intel on how various strongholds are doing since communication systems are still not fully functional.
    He runs past Grayson who is in some survivors camp. Glad to see that Graysons survived second war too. Barbara was police officer while Dick was a journalist.
    Helena and Kara are back, they observe ruined cities and see on of the still functional TVs new Batman and Superman.
    Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Red Tornado are helping out civilians. Batman thinks its not over and that they need to track down Bedlam. Eventually Kara and Helena get to them.
    Khan gets into standard argument with the Government. They want to rebuild while he wants to hunt down Bedlam and seal fire pits.
    There is also Oliver Queen that they are searching for, but its implied that he can't be trusted.
    Terrific and Sloan built something for Bedlam, he is going to reward them with death while Miracle is chained, he is waiting for right moment to escape. We get confirmation, Steppenwolf was Fury's father and someone calls from Apokolips as I understood.
    Hawkgirl is looking for Fate, he is still a bit crazy. He mentions a visitor coming from beyond the veil.
    Kara and Helena were about to start fight with Batman and Superman but fortunately they start talking.
    As they hug and are happy about stuff fire pits explode and, I assume, horseman enter the scene.

Overall I liked it. Weakest part was art since we got multiple artists and some pages were lacking or didn't work as well. I think it decently recaps of what came before this and sets up the stage for whats to come. I especially liked that not much was changed, only part that feels completely new and kinda retcon is Sloan being not from Earth-2.

Always Rakzo

Really awkward dialogue and a bit off-point characterization.

Plus, did Batman knock-out a kid without listening to him? The hell?

Yes, kid knew his secret identity, he didn't want to risk exposure so he immediately gassed him. It works decently with what was shown of them in Batman/Superman first arc.

Always Rakzo

Wasn't Earth 2 Batman a more reasonable version than the Prime Earth Batman?

Plus, Batman knocking out a kid, seriously?

All-New Member

There's a continuity error in this. Catwoman was killed by robbers in World's Finest #0. Not Parademons as this shows.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chosenone85 View Post
    There's a continuity error in this. Catwoman was killed by robbers in World's Finest #0. Not Parademons as this shows.
    Actually no, I thought that at first but I went back and re read World's Finest #0 and saw that the supposed robbers had advanced technology and wore special suits. They disappeared into a portal. I assume it was a boom tube from the looks of the portal.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would...really don't know if I care enough for picking this up weekly though. Unlike Futures End, it doesn't seem like this book would be too important that I would have to buy weekly and not just get trades for. I'll still get it the rest of the month at least, just don't see if it's worth it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

Resonable has nothing to do with it, he just said accountable was the head of a syndicate, he knows he's identity so he gassed him.

They were more arrogant and confident in themselves. Stasis with imprisoned villains were also showed which was a dead giveaway that they work ethics were different.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Resonable has nothing to do with it, he just said accountable was the head of a syndicate, he knows he's identity so he gassed him.
    That's not reason enough to leave a little kid unconscious.

He's Batman for God's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    They were more arrogant and confident in themselves. Stasis with imprisoned villains were also showed which was a dead giveaway that they work ethics were different.
    Weren't the ones who did that the World Army and not Batman?

Weren't the ones who did that the World Army and not Batman?
    Nope. Only Queen Marella was imprisoned by the World Army. For that, and what his son/granddaughter did, Thomas released her and Jimmy.

what was Batman supposed to do? send Jimmy to bed without supper? he was part of a hacking syndicate and knew his secret identity.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    Actually no, I thought that at first but I went back and re read World's Finest #0 and saw that the supposed robbers had advanced technology and wore special suits. They disappeared into a portal. I assume it was a boom tube from the looks of the portal.
    Art was still kinda inconsistent though, in the manner of her death's depiction.

That's not reason enough to leave a little kid unconscious.

He's Batman for God's sake.
    Yeah they Batman we know would probably knock a few teeth out, seriously i don't see the big deal.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Batman knocking out a kid, seriously?
    It's classic Batman! Yay! \o/

(I'm surprised I'm the first one to post this)