Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great start. The recap was quite comprehensive and I imagine would make a good jumping on point for new readers. Its nice to get 60 pages of Earth 2 action released in one day. Reaffirms my appreciation for the title. And all those early complaints of the slow pace should now be set with us getting a graphic novel worth of material every month for the next 6 months straight.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I thought this was VERY well done for an introductory issue. I feel like a new reader could pick this up and at least have a chance of figuring out what's going on. I originally thought it was a curious choice, but DC has been very clever in starting with Futures End and then transitioning to this next. There was only one continuity error I could spot - in Earth-2 #0 Terry Sloan was with the Trinity when they do the final mission and are killed and only reveals himself to Batman as a "traitor" at that time. Here, they already know he is a traitor when they meet before that mission. The only real complaint I have is why do you use 20 artists on the launch of a book? I like how Eternal did it by having Fabok do the set-up issues. The art wasn't bad at all, but it is strange to launch a book without consistent art

I loved this and im really excited to see what's coming. Earth-2 rocks. Reminds me of the good ol' JSA.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

It felt fairly cluttered to me, but that may have been a necessary evil. Good to see Doctor Fate flying around again, even if his brain is a bit scrambled, and I'm REALLY glad to see Jay and Hawkgirl get at least a few pages. I worry/wonder if World's End isn't going to be the 'dumping ground' to to speak for the non Super/Bats related Earth 2 heroes where they will all eventually die horrible deaths.

Which would tick me off it happens
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I worry/wonder if World's End isn't going to be the 'dumping ground' to to speak for the non Super/Bats related Earth 2 heroes where they will all eventually die horrible deaths.

Which would tick me off it happens
    We've seen most E2 characters in Future's End, so I'm pretty sure that that's not gonna happen.

Yeah, we haven't seen Jay and Alan, but I doubt DC would kill them.

Fantastic Member

Dr. Fate mentioned in riddle "depart as one, we must and soon-- to take our refuge on the CRIMSON MOON" Nice tease for the Blood Moon event! I want to see how the other parts of his riddles play out now. He reminds me of rhyming Etrigan.

I was going to put this off as I didn't want a 3rd weekly, but the covert art looked really good and I read the first few pages and was interested. Plus the guy who owns the comic shop said it was really good too I so got it and was impressed. Not only was the re cap nice, but it was great to see some new moments of pre invasion of Earth 2 such as seeing scenes of the Kents, Waynes, Graysons, etc and ith Alan, Jay, Hawkgirl, and Dr. Fate this is really starting to feel like a JSA book and with characters like Val-Zod and Thomas Batman make great additions. A lot of content for a first issue and I like the direction the book seems to be headed.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I was very happy with this issue, everyone got some time to shine and it was refreshing in every sense of the word. Plus it was great to see a Dick/Babs that are able to be together.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I thought this was VERY well done for an introductory issue. I feel like a new reader could pick this up and at least have a chance of figuring out what's going on. I originally thought it was a curious choice, but DC has been very clever in starting with Futures End and then transitioning to this next. There was only one continuity error I could spot - in Earth-2 #0 Terry Sloan was with the Trinity when they do the final mission and are killed and only reveals himself to Batman as a "traitor" at that time. Here, they already know he is a traitor when they meet before that mission. The only real complaint I have is why do you use 20 artists on the launch of a book? I like how Eternal did it by having Fabok do the set-up issues. The art wasn't bad at all, but it is strange to launch a book without consistent art
    Reread Earth-2 #1, Sloan is never shown there. His betrayal happened in #0 which took place before #1. Thou its easy to confuse it since both times mission was very similar, Robinson strikes again with his amazing plotting and dialogs.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Surprisingly enjoyable.

I loved how the book recapped all the events of Earth 2 is a fairly straight forward but concise manner. I have been reading E2 since day one and, I have to say, it caught me off guard as to how much has actually happened in that title.

I read E2 first, so I was a bit disoriented with the story but everything made sense in the end.

I enjoyed the art and did not, like others, find it hard to follow or bad. Even the worst bits in E2WE were better than some of the art that has plagued Eternal.

I am psyched for the Furies!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    We've seen most E2 characters in Future's End, so I'm pretty sure that that's not gonna happen.

Yeah, we haven't seen Jay and Alan, but I doubt DC would kill them.
    We also haven't seen Bats and Supes

BANNED

So do we know for sure that this will lead directly into Future's End, or is FE still going to be just an alternate future?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    So do we know for sure that this will lead directly into Future's End, or is FE still going to be just an alternate future?
    FE was never a alternate future, they made it clear that it was the new 52 5 years from now. Don't understand why people think otherwise.

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed this, though I hope in the future all this disaster stuff is cleaned up and rebuilt. Can't wait to finally get an official JSA.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    FE was never a alternate future, they made it clear that it was the new 52 5 years from now. Don't understand why people think otherwise.
    It's the potential future that World's End and the New 52 leads into, but it's not THE absolute future.