Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    FE was never a alternate future, they made it clear that it was the new 52 5 years from now. Don't understand why people think otherwise.
    It IS the future of the New 52... Until time traveling shenanigans prevent it from occurring (in broad strokes).

I agree that the art was a bit muddled when they showed Atom losing his arm. It looked to me like he lost his head too! That'd be tougher to recuperate from...

And did they refer to him as Captain Atom at one point? (At work now, can't double check.)

Also, speaking of art inconsistencies, why were Captain Steel's fists glowing with blue energy in one flashback panel? WTH? And where is he, anyway??

All-New Member

I read this last night. Really liked it. I liked that it filled in some questions I had as to why/how Jimmy and Queen Marella ended up in the secret prison. I personally like the very grim dark nature of Earth 2 and that they are under constant pressure from Apokolips. It feels almost like a pandemic/zombie apocalypse situation except the "virus" has super powers and screams "FOR DARKSEID!"

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this

With the anniversary of crisis on infinite earths around the corner one cannot help but notice the parallels. In that story earth 2 of the old dc was decimated by anit monitor and they came to earth prime.

The e2 characters have been shown in fe that they are coming to earth and the title itself "worlds end" indicates it's over

I beliebe that future end is new 52 cannon and it won't be erased. Instead the new crisis or whatever will reboot a new timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this

With the anniversary of crisis on infinite earths around the corner one cannot help but notice the parallels. In that story earth 2 of the old dc was decimated by anit monitor and they came to earth prime.

The e2 characters have been shown in fe that they are coming to earth and the title itself "worlds end" indicates it's over

I beliebe that future end is new 52 cannon and it won't be erased. Instead the new crisis or whatever will reboot a new timeline.
    It kind of does seem like they're tidying stuff up a bit. Maybe eveyrthing will jump to a new five years later after the Crisis? So we'll have Wally as Flash, new generations of heroes, all that stuff, but it still will technically come from the new continuity. It'll just be instead of the Future's End universe. So the New 52 continues, just five years later, with more tweaks to everything because of that.

Batman knocked a kid out, he didn't kill him, geez.