Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Avengers and X-men: Axis #1 Spoilers

Well the day has come for the Axis event, and I'll say that the first issue is pretty good, it's not great but its good. Now what I really like about this is first issue is that the X-men really shine here, but a certain Avenger is probably going to be in a lot of trouble, but I'll explain all that in a little bit.

The issue starts with the Avengers fighting Plantman(whoever that is) when all of a sudden they start to become angry and fighting each other except for Iron man, lucky for Tony is that he is able to break the telepathic manipulation of the Avengers and stops the fight, however from there they get a call from Old man Steve Rogers who tells them riots are happening all over the world and that he has a good idea who is causing them. Now back on Genosha following Uncanny Avengers #25 Red Onslaught is unleashed against Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, and Havok, however it isn't long before he gains control over Havok and Wanda, who then procede to blast Magneto through a wall. Weirdly enough behind the wall were reinforcements in the way of Cyclops, Kid Omega, and Genesis, who Magneto frees. Havok eventually gets freed from the mind control thanks to Genesis, but unfortuantely Ahab stabs him with his sphere; he tries to get Alex as well but in one of his greatest brotherly moments Scott saves him. While this is going on Xavier ghost protects Rogue and helps her break Wanda of Onslaughts control. After that both the Avengers and the X-men show up, leading into a really great moment with the X-men; they forgive each other, put aside their differences and decide to work together to kick Onslaughts butt. Let me just state how amazing that is, after reading about them just wanting to throttle each other for so long that they can work together in peace, and this would have been the perfect place to end the issue, however things only get worse. Because Red Onslaught find tony stark and tells him he knows all the weaknesses of the Avengers due to Civil war data, and has a little surprise that will anger the X-men... Stark technology Adamantium Sentinels. Yeah, this is going to make some people mad in the x-forum, I can feel it.

I have to say I give this issue a good B/B-, it's an interesting issue but it feels more like issue 26 of Uncanny Avengers instead of some huge event, and I'm not a huge fan of Adam Kubert's art work. It's not bad but I would have prefered Jim Cheung.

Now what bothers me about this issue are two things, 1. Why are Cyclops, Kid Omega, and Genesis on Genosha and 2. Why is marvel messing with Iron Man. Now I understand that not everything in a comic is going to be explained but it feels like it just came out of nowhere with them being there. I mean how on earth would Red Skull even have kidnapped Cyclops in the first place? Not to mention the poor secruity at the JGS for Genesis to be kidnapped, again I might add. But I'm willing to let it slide for the sake of the story. But what is really bugging me is Iron man being constantly dragged through the mud lately. First he's destroying other planets and going to be hunted down by the Avengers, then he may have helped create the Hulk by being drunk, and now in one event we learn he built sentinels and will be inverted into an arrogant jerk for his new Superior Iron-man series. It's honestly starting to feel like Tony is worse then Doctor Doom at this point.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-08-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

spoilers:
    WELL, the Sentinels thing with Stark does go back to M-day, so it's nothing new in my eyes.

Yet my question is HOW does the X-men and the Avengers willing to forgive each other like that ?
    end of spoilers

Have to agree on point 1. I think it would have better to show in the prior issues of UA, for proper buildup of AXIS, to show how Scott and company got captured by the Skull. Really liked the moment where the X-Men agree to come together to stop Red Onslaught. So refreshing to not see Schism being present at all.

Around the time of Civil War Stark was actually building ONE Sentinals (the ones with pilots), so him building Sentinals isn't exactly anything new.

Funny how he'd build Adamantium sentinals, but he never used the stuff for his own suits. I guess he'd have to change his name.

Damn Tony cannot catch a break
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

@Cmbmool

I didn't mean the Avengers and X-men stop fighting, I meant the X-men stop fighting amongst themselves. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Heh.
    NAZIS: Uniting people since 1919.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    @Cmbmool

I didn't mean the Avengers and X-men stop fighting, I meant the X-men stop fighting amongst themselves. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    spoilers:
    Same thing, what made the X-men willing to work together again to stop the Red Skull?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Can someone explain how the hell Tony and Steve are working together here? When Cap got back from his adventure across time he was still young and was determined to hunt down the Illuminati. Haven't been reading Remender's Cap so maybe that's why I don't get it.

@Cmbmool
    Possibly the threat of him starting a race war amongst Humans and Mutants with his telepathic powers, similar to how he started riots at the beginning of the issue. Or, It could have been the fact that a mutant prison camp may not be the best place to be arguing.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Can someone explain how the hell Tony and Steve are working together here? When Cap got back from his adventure across time he was still young and was determined to hunt down the Illuminati. Haven't been reading Remender's Cap so maybe that's why I don't get it.
    From what I'm guessing, it makes no sense and they just basically went with it, but I could be wrong since I'm not reading Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    Same thing, what made the X-men willing to work together again to stop the Red Skull?
    end of spoilers
    He's the Red Skull? He's got a concentration camp full of dead people?
    And he dissected, disrespected, and defiled their recently deceased mentor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    The X-Men have worked together to stop threats loads of times since Schism.

When push comes to shove, they're not so petty that they'll refuse to work with each other while the world burns.
    On ye olde CBR

The Avengers roster in this issue was a continuity mess.

Hulk and Iron Man are still on the Avengers and on good terms with everyone, despite the Illuminati being outed.

Thor still has two flesh arms, despite the fact that he lost his arm before he went back into action.

Vision, Wasp and Sunfire are suddenly on the main roster.
    On ye olde CBR

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Iron Man is like Cyclops in that he is the hero other superheroes love to hate.

Tony Stark's dark side of being a manipulative egotist who will go to extremes to prove a point is something that has existed in the character for a long time. Even the Armor Wars had Tony alienating friends and allies, destroying government property and so on in an effort to keep his own technology in his hands. Sure he was primarily trying to take it back because it was stolen and used by many Super villains but the way he went about it pissed off half the heroes in the MCU.

Stan Lee created Iron Man knowing he would be polarizing

“I think I gave myself a dare. It was the height of the Cold War. The readers, the young readers, if there was one thing they hated, it was war, it was the military. So I got a hero who represented that to the hundredth degree. He was a weapons manufacturer, he was providing weapons for the Army, he was rich, he was an industrialist. I thought it would be fun to take the kind of character that nobody would like, none of our readers would like, and shove him down their throats and make them like him ... And he became very popular.”
    Iron Man's line about being tired of seeing Superheroes fight each other felt a bit meta.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 10-08-2014 at 07:56 AM.