Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    do they even bother to explain how the leader of the mutant revolution just gets captured or are we really expected to believe he's been sitting in a concentration camp and no one bothered to wonder where he was?
    He just was shown captured. Along with Evan and Quire. It was a bit odd and one of my criticisms of the issue as well.

BANNED

do they even bother to explain how the leader of the mutant revolution just gets captured or are we really expected to believe he's been sitting in a concentration camp and no one bothered to wonder where he was?
    That's probably why Nightcrawler, Storm, and Colossus showed up, they were rescuing them(at least Evan and Quentin).
    Last edited by sprior93; 10-08-2014 at 08:27 AM.

It happens. The leader of the mutant revolution was also captured by a Skrull and at one point even the Superior Spider-Man. I'm sure after a certain point people were wondering where is he. Though at this point it's probably not hard to figure out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The Avengers roster in this issue was a continuity mess.

Hulk and Iron Man are still on the Avengers and on good terms with everyone, despite the Illuminati being outed.

Thor still has two flesh arms, despite the fact that he lost his arm before he went back into action.

Vision, Wasp and Sunfire are suddenly on the main roster.

Axis takes place before time runs out

As for the issue it was nice but you can't please everyone.

Looking back, I think it was Cap 23 that shows Skull looking at a monitor and it showed Scott, QQ, and Evan. Right as he was having Zola launch his attack. That's the only reference prior to this issue that I can think of.

I'd like to believe most of the stuff Hickman has been doing is simply not acknowledged by the other writers most of the time.

Just like Avengers Assemble, core members are still in the big picture in big events/adventures that take place in other books than Hickman's Space Avengers.

They should have just let the man make a whole new team with some of the Avengers he wanted to use and his original characters and base his events around that new team.

This issue made me realise that THIS is the Avengers I want to see.

Loved Janet's speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post

Yeah, but it's after Original Sin that the previous Avengers arc happens (the one where they travel through time), and that arc ends with Steve telling the Avengers to hunt down the Illuminati.

I guess we could say that they decided to keep their mouths shut until the right moment, and every time we've seen Old Steve work with Tony he's been pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post

The Illuminati were found out in Original Sin, which happened before this.
    On ye olde CBR

what a mess.

I found it surprisingly enjoyable considering the fact almost every event from Marvel since Marvel NOW started (except Infinity) has been utter shit, but then again, Original Sin started out pretty good and then the Nick Fury space killer crap came in and it was a slow train wreck from then on. I hope this isn't another case of that.

Ultimate Member

Well, I actually enjoyed this despite its flaws.

It was like big, wide screen action movie.

Hulk Smash!

I read this book without reading anything from Uncanny X-Men or most Marvel series and I was a little confused at the ending. Was the Red Skull saying that he has slowly been telepathically manipulating Tony for a while to create the adamantium sentinels and to give the Red Skull data? Has that been a development in the Marvel universe that other readers knew about, or was that presented as a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by ReservoirDawgs View Post
    I read this book without reading anything from Uncanny X-Men or most Marvel series and I was a little confused at the ending. Was the Red Skull saying that he has slowly been telepathically manipulating Tony for a while to create the adamantium sentinels and to give the Red Skull data? Has that been a development in the Marvel universe that other readers knew about, or was that presented as a surprise?
    It was a surprise.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The X-Men have worked together to stop threats loads of times since Schism.

When push comes to shove, they're not so petty that they'll refuse to work with each other while the world burns.
    I though Cyclops made it clear when he said something abut them coming together in times of crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'd like to believe most of the stuff Hickman has been doing is simply not acknowledged by the other writers most of the time.

Just like Avengers Assemble, core members are still in the big picture in big events/adventures that take place in other books than Hickman's Space Avengers.

They should have just let the man make a whole new team with some of the Avengers he wanted to use and his original characters and base his events around that new team.

This issue made me realise that THIS is the Avengers I want to see.

Loved Janet's speech.
    Any particulars of this speech in question?
    Last edited by Stars & Stripes; 10-08-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought adamantium was fairly hard to come by. How did Stark get his hands on enough to build Sentinels? I mean I know he's rich, but it is kind of ridiculous that he wouldn't reinforce his own armor with adamantium if he had that much.